-22- Bloomy

Starlight Moonlight : The Prequel & Sequel

 

 

We're heading back.

Take care of Sulli.

P/S from Vic noona : You'll be dead if something happen to Sulli !

 

Key hyung

 

 

A smile was craved on his face when he read the first line but his smiles immediately turned into a horror when his eyes continue to read the rest of the message. He gulped of thinking of it.

 

“ Who's that from ? “

“ Uh ? Key hyung. They are on their way home. “

“ Owh .. MWO ?! What about us ? “

“ What else ? We will heading back together. “

“ Tsk. Who want to go back with such an annoying friend like you ? “

“ At least this annoying friend of you had bought the ice cream that you're currently eating. “

That cause Sulli to chuckles, “ Arasso. Komawo chingu. “

They just let the silence to took control but it wasn't long when Taemin decided to break it, “ I'm sorry. “

She didn't surprised to hear that and just keeping her ears for him.

“ I said I'm sorry. “ He said once again hoping for her attention for him and it has worked out when she turned to looked at him.

“ I heard. Anything else ? “ Asked Sulli with her stern gaze which slightly made the boy to tensed up.

“ Look, I'm really sorry Ssul. I wasn't meant to abandoned you in fact I wasn't even aware of it. “

He lied, he was absolutely know the situation but he have to do it for the sake of his feelings. He tried not to scratch the wound that he already had in his heart.

“ Please, forgive me on this. I don't think I can handle your resentment. “

 

She took a moment to take what he says, and soon after that found her arms immediately wrapped around his neck, with a wide smiles. She didn't say anything, in fact there's no need to be said because the hugged had explains everything and Taemin had know it well. They just stays like that, embracing and feeling each other's warmth for a moment.

 

 

Taemin's daze from the city's beauty has been broken due to the sudden weight on his left shoulder, and when he turned to it, only a smile that can only been shown with the sight that has welcomed his eyes. Choi Sulli, were at the moment, sleeping peacefully by his side while they were on their way towards their house.

 

He took the chance to appreciate the beauty before his eyes. Gazing from the top of her head has making him to let out a tiny chuckle when his eyes met the hairs that has covered most of her forehead which reminds him of the past, when she still had her forehead free from those bangs, her milky white forehead.

 

He reminisce back the moment he laid his eyes on her, she had her hairs tied to both side, and he noticed few strands of hairs that were falling down to her face which cause him to feels as if he is seeing a kindergarten kid, “ A tall kindergarten kid. “ since she's already pass by his height by that year. But the longer he stared, the more he realized how pure the girl appears in his eyes. Her shy smiles that never faded away but not in once he sees the nervousness in her eyes as her eyes glued on his face. In fact, he's the one who felt that way.

 

But years has passed and he couldn't believe that his Choi Sulli, the one who used to looks like a cute girl next door has turned into a beautiful woman and he was proud of the fact that he was there when her changes takes place, as if like looking at the cute duckling turning into a beautiful swan. He won't say an ugly duckling since to him Sulli wasn't ugly thought he always mentions that just to annoys her.

 

His smiles has slowly loosen when his eyes stops at the lips, her plump lips that was once he felt. It took him for a few seconds to realized that his thumb already made it's way to caressed the lady's lips and soon to find out that he is once again smiling but bitterly before he took his eyes away from it. * That lips ... was never belongs to me. She was never mine. *

 

 

The Next Day

 

He was surprised with Minzy's sudden wish to have a hang out day with him but never had crossed in his minds that it was all a scheme not until he spotted both Sulli and Sehun.

 

“ You guys were having a date in here ? “

Asked Minzy as faked as it sounds in Taemin's ears and he just have to shots a glare just to let her know his dissatisfaction towards her crazy idea.

“ You didn't know ? “ Sehun asked back with a slight disappointment in his tone since he know his date will get interrupted by these two.

“ Nope. Taemin didn't mention anything to me. “

“ I didn't know either. “ Mumbled Taemin slow but not slow enough until it could not be heard by Sulli who just stood next to him.

To tell the truth, he wasn't even interested in finding what are they plan for their second date.

“ You didn't ask. “ Retorted Sulli smilingly.

“ There's nothing to ask anyway. “

Replied Taemin nonchalantly which slightly hurts his best friends feelings but she decided to brushed it off her minds.

“ Since we are already here. Why don't we have a double date ? “ Minzy had uttered her brilliant idea which cause the three of them to jolted in surprised.

* What is she's trying to do ? *

 

The four of them were enjoying themselves in the amusement park, well at least Minzy had her fun while the rest of them feels quite awkward with the double date. She kept on dragging the rest of them towards the fun rides until some of them has loses the energy so they decides to have a short break for a drink.

 

When Taemin realized that neither Sulli or Sehun is looking, “ What are you trying to do here ? “

“ Helping you ? “

“ Thanks. You have helped a lot ... by making me more jealous. “

She let out a tiny chuckle, “ Hehe, don't worry Taem. I've got everything in my minds. So, when you had the time, please cherish it well. “

“ Mwo ? What are ...  “

He couldn't even finish his words when the girl had excitedly strode her way towards the Ferris Wheel and bought the tickets for all of them.

“ This one is the best. “ She said while handling the ticket to each one of them who looks dumbfounded in her  action.

While still in their line, “ Oh, Minzy, can I have my phone back ? “

 

Remembering that Minzy had borrowed his phone earlier for a reason that he doesn't really care, he decided to ask for it back. Well, his other reason is so that he can take a lot of selca with Sulli when they are inside there.

 

“ Oh yeah .. here .. eh .. “

There's a horror plastered on Minzy's face as she's searching the phone all over her body and including her bag but,

“ Where is it ? I know I put it right in here. “ She said while pointing at her pocket.

“ Are you sure you didn't left it out somewhere ? “ Said Sulli, trying to help her in finding Sehun's phone in Minzy's bag.

“ I .. I'm not sure .. maybe .. “

She looks quite terrified with this situation and it seems like her eyes will form a tears in no time and judging by the look Sehun know that she had lost it.

“ Let's find it. “ Taemin suggested.

“ No, you stay. I'll look for it myself. I think  I left it at the game room. Sehun, your phone is black in color right ? “

Sehun heaved a sighed, “ It's a blue-black. It's alright I'm coming with you. “

“ Huh ? Are you sure ? I can ... “

“ I'll spot it better since it's mine and I know exactly how it looks. “

Listens to Sehun's explanation had slightly lighten up her mood and without further , she dragged the lad with her but not before she says, “ You guys go ahead. We will join you afterwards. “ and pooffed from their sight.

 

 

“ Your turn. “

The crew said while opening the door for both Sulli and Taemin who looks unsure whether they should go with the ride or not but then Taemin just swiftly took her hand in his and lead her the way to the capsule, “ They will take some time. Let's just ride it first. “ Said Taemin to lessen her worries.

It was already dusk when they reached their turn and the scenery before them was, “ Mind blowing. “

That was Taemin and he was the excited one once the ride has started while Sulli who just standing by his sides has only laughing at him.

For a moment, they have forgotten about Sehun's misery of losing his phone and Minzy's worries of losing the thing at the first place. The both of them were just mesmerized with the sight to even care what's happening around them.

“ Last time when we were here, it doesn't feel this way. “ Blurted Sulli oddly.

“ What so different ? “

“ I don't know, it feels more beautiful this time ? “

“ That's because we didn't hear any of Key hyung and Amber's bickering. “

Remembering that they had once rides the Ferris Wheel along with Keyber had only cause a laughter for them.

“ Yeah, I cannot feel anything romantic back then. “

“ Why ? Do you feel it now ? “ Taemin asked teasingly but unconsciously, she nodded to his question and that had made him to stunned.

“ Do  you really mean it ? “ He asked hesitantly while intently staring at her face.

“ Huh ? “

“ The romantic part ... “

That had surprised her and immediately cause the blood to rushed towards her face.

“ I .. I .. mean, looking at the view here. It's romantic this way, without any noises this time. “

She was stuttering while uttering those and only can look at anywhere but Taemin's face but she regretted it at the end when her eyes stops at their hands that were intertwined nicely with each other since then.

 

Why has it felt so different to have her hand in his this time, she wondered. It's not like it is the first time that they've holding hands but tonight, it felt as if there's a spark could be feel, and  she's not sure whether it was just she who's over reacted or not but she can feels those electrifying senses running  inside her body throughout their interlocked hands which has eventually made her body to feels slightly trembled and as well as made her stomach flutters.

 

Taemin who was realized where had her eyes fixed to, had automatically loosen up his grips though he felt hard to do so but was surprised when the girl suddenly secured her hand in his. “ Ssul .. “

She still hasn't avert her eyes from the hands, “ Don't, it felt nice this way. “

She finally has the gut to looked up at him, “ I wonder why is that Taemin but it does felt right. “

 

For that moment, Taemin feels like she were talking as if she's already in love with him, it looks more believable with her eyes that staring at him lovingly. It made him confused. Does his minds tells the truth or it was just want to play with his hearts.

 

“ Actually, I was glad when Minzy was not around you. “ Surprisingly, she decides to speak the truth.

Ever since she saw Minzy with him, not even a bit she felt relief maybe because she hasn't done with her jealousy towards Taemin's closeness with Minzy, so when she's away from her sight, Sulli felt as if all of the tightness in her heart has went away.

“ I'm not going to deny it. I'm still not used with your closeness with Minzy. “

“ We were just hanging out Ssul. “

“ You were just hanging out but you are already millimeters far from me. I wonder how does it will be when you actually dated her ? “

Asked Sulli sarcastically which cause the lad in front of her to burned with annoyance.

“ Speaking of yourself I guess. “ He unintentionally uttered it out but not regrets it either. He just felt right once it's been let out.

“ Mwo ? “

“ Don't you think you did the same Ssul ? But have I ever make a fuss over it when you're always with Sehun ? No right ? So, why did you always dig on my fault ? As if you didn't left me out for your boyfriend. “

“ Hey, he's not my boyfriend. “

“ You've dated him. “

“ Doesn't mean he's my boyfriend. “

“ But you likes him. “

“ I've never said that. “

“ Then, what ? Are you trying to play with his heart ? “

“ No. I'm still considering it. It's still early for me to say that I like him that way. “

“ So, what ? You're trying to play with my heart then ? “

That made Sulli to lost of words. What had she done that cause the boy to think that his heart had been played by her, she wondered.

“ What did you said ? “

Taemin heaved a sighed, “ Nothing. I've just been carried away. Just let it go. “

He took a glance and only being welcomed with her confused stares, “ It's nothing. Really. “ He said while ruffling her hairs in assurance.

He thought it's better to let it pass than cause the girl to be in more confusion if he speak the truth.

 

They were right now on their second round of the ride and it meant to be their last.

 

“ Hey, we didn't take any picture of this. “

Pointed Sulli while taking out her phone while Taemin just smiled at her.

“ Let's take a really pretty picture. “ Added her more while closing the gap in between Taemin and herself.

“ What pose should we do ? “ Asked Taemin this time while trying to think of a nice pose.

“ Just pose cutely. “

“ Cute. Is that all that you can think of ? “

“ Have anything better ? “

“ Fine. Let's go with that. “

 

Both of them had done couples of cute pose including the wink and pouts while they are on their way up but something unexpectedly had happened when they are on their fourth selcas. It was when Taemin decided to just pulled off a simple smile while Sulli still stick with her all time favorite pouting lips but this time she made herself facing Taemin's face and it will appear as if she's about to kiss him on the cheek, well they had done this selca a couple of times before but the differences now is, it actually ended up with her lips really touched his cheek and it was all caused by the sudden stops of the ride.

 

If Sulli was only a friend to Taemin, he will just let it pass but since now he had took her as more than that, it was impossible for him to ignore the butterflies in his stomach with the contact that he felt and same goes with Sulli, just what makes it vary from his situation is that she's now battling with confusion of her sudden nervousness and trembling heart. Why does her heart pounded so rapidly when she kissed him and moreover it was only an accidental kiss.

 

She was so into her thought to even realized those loving stares that Taemin had gave her. He was also, too mesmerized with her beauty under the little shades of the sunset's rays that makes her appears more dazzling in his eyes until he didn't realized that himself has fallen into his own emotion. And when he does, it was already too late for him when he found himself only centimeters away from her face. He took his eyes off her lips towards her eyes and he could see the nervousness shown in her eyes only to made him to be wary of his next move but it doesn't last long as her hot breath touched his skin, which only encouraged him to continue. He took a one deep breath before slowly closing the gap in between them but then a light gasped from her has made him stops and eventually helped him to came back to his sense. Their lips are so close, so close that it can be touch with even any light movement. If only they have the courage inside them.

 

Taemin smirked with the thought of it and finally made up his minds. He moves slightly towards her cheek and planted a soft kiss on it.

“ We are even now. “ Muttered Taemin with a soft giggles which cause the girl to be in dumbfounded looking at him.

 

Taemin choose to ignored her and just enjoying the view before his eyes and only realized that they're already on their way down. While on the other hand, Sulli was still hasn't over with her surprise towards her pounded heart which seems to beat faster than it used. She took a glance at Taemin who's only had his eyes on the view with smiles plastered on his face which eventually made her to smiled along.

 

_______________

 

Sulli's smiles were faded once a sudden cold breeze were felt on her right hand and only to find that Taemin was the reason behind those when he suddenly loosen the grip of his hand on her'.

She then gave a glare of disappointment but unfortunately wasn't being catch by Taemin who's at the moment were looking away from her, “ Why did you ... “  She decided to asked but was cut in the middle when she heard, “ Was the ride fun ? “. 

Eventually, that causes her eyes to averted the gaze towards the voice where Minzy and Sehun was found not far from the both of them.

“ Why don't you try it yourself ? “

Retorted Taemin half-smilingly towards Minzy who swiftly walked towards Taemin's side, means in between Taemin and Sulli.

“ Then, go with me. “ She suggested but that doesn't sounds so pleased in Sulli's ears who just being the viewer at their side.

“ Sorry. I'm quite tired for that. “

Muttered Taemin in his smiles, trying not to offended the girl, while Minzy just replied with a snort.

“ Tsk, I thought so. So, where are we next ? “

She gave out another question while glancing at each of her friends, hoping for any suggestion from them.

“ I know. Let's watch the parade. “

The girls seems excited with Sulli's suggestion while Sehun just nodded in agreement, left out only Taemin with no response.

And when he realized that all eyes are on him, “ You guys go ahead. I'm pretty sure I had enough for today. “

“ Aww, Minnie .. please. This is the last. “ Pleaded Sulli with her puppy eyes which only made the lad to let out a soft giggles due to her cuteness.

He then ruffled the girl's hairs, “ Sorry. Not this time Ssul. “

“ But ... “

“ Hey, you have Sehun with you. “ He uttered it more like whispered causing Sulli to turned her gaze towards Sehun, who looks so calm in her eyes.

It then made her to remembered back on who should she be with at the first place and it was obviously Sehun since he  is her date for the day.

She heaved a sighed and nodded to Taemin.

“ You're coming Minzy ? “ Asked Sehun but sounds like there's a hidden meaning behind his question and Minzy could feel it.

She have a quick glance at Taemin where she happened to caught he mouthed a ' No ' to her.

“ I guess, I'll be going back with Taemin. You guys just go and have your fun. “

“ Alright then ... Sulli ? “

“ Huh ? “

“ Shall we ? “

“ Oh, right. “

She slowly made her steps following Sehun from behind but not before she bid a goodbye towards her best friend.

 

________________

 

 

“ Was the ride fun ? “

“ What's with this question again ? “ Taemin asked oddly but still fixing his eyes on the road.

“ Come on, you can tell me. “

He just gave a snort which made the girl to chuckled. “ You've planed this out. Aren't you ? “

“ Why did you say that ? I'm innocent. “

“ So, where did you hid his phone. “

“ It was in my jacket all along and .. uh-uh .. “

“ Innocent huh ? “

She's been caught off guard with the way Taemin is smirking at her right now.

“ Fine. I did it. “

“ Babo. “

“ What ? At least you have some time to be with her. “

“ Ok. I got your intention. Thanks by the way. “

“ When did you know that it was me all along ? “

“ With the way you mischievously smiling at me while dragging Sehun with you. “

“ Clever boy. So, what happened up there ? “

That made Taemin to blushed and quickly he threw his gaze off her.

“ I smell something interesting ... “

“ Nothing happen. The end. “

“ Tsk, fine keep  it by yourself. “

Taemin flashed a victory's smiles when the girl decided to given up with her curiosity but not long until she started to speak up again.

“ Why did you left her with Sehun ? “

“ She supposed to be with him. “

“ But, you could have ... “

“ I can't. I appreciate you intention but sorry Minzy, it's just so wrong. “

“ You are a good friend Taemin. “

Taemin just smiled at her remarks.

Few minutes after that they finally reached Minzy's house, “ We are here. “

“ Thanks for the ride Taem. I'll see you at school. “

“ Alright see you. Good night. “

“ Owh ! By the way Taem ... “

“ Yes ? “

“ I must say that both of you looks so sweet while holding hands. Bye. “

And with that, she just ran towards her house leaving Taemin jaw dropped looking at the door of her house.

Fortunately for him, Minzy was already away when the shed of pinkish color on his face were slowly visible making him save for the girl' teases.

“ That girl ... Aish ! “

 

 

Meanwhile at the night parade, everyone seems to be having their fun watching the characters of the Lotte World marched proudly with the colorful illumination floats around them. Well, everybody except for Sulli, who just watched the parade silently by Sehun sides which eventually get him noticed.

 

“ You didn't looks like having fun with it. “

“ Huh ? Ani. “

“ Or it will much more fun if Taemin is here ? “

“ No. Of course not. “

When she realized that Sehun's gaze will never left her, “ Owh ! Look at that. It's the princesses. “

And her effort was worth at it when the boy's attention was now not on her anymore. “ Oh yeah ... “

“ They are so beautiful. “

“ Yeah, just like you. “

She smiled upon hearing that but not those kind of genuine smiles that she used to give but it was more like an awkward smile.

 

______________

 

 

“ I'm home. “ Said Sulli half-heartedly while taking off her shoes.

“ Hey, how's your date ? “ Asked Victoria who's heading her way towards the couch where the rest of the girls were already there, watching the TV.

“ It's .. alright. I guess. “

There's a confusion shows on the older' face but she decides to just shrugged it off and continue to walked towards the rest.

“ Running man ? I thought we've watched this episode. “

Victoria asked out of dissatisfaction towards her dongsaeng because she thought they're going to watch the Happy Together.

“ Ask Amber unnie. She's the one who tuned to this channel. “ Muttered Krystal immediately to free herself from Victoria's glares.

“ Owh, please unnie.. I didn't watch this episode. “

“ Where were you when it was aired ? “

“ Owh, that ... well, Key ... “

“ Alright. No need to explain more. It's Key I got it. Let's just watch this show. “

“ Hehe, komawo unnie. “ 

Victoria just rolled her eyes before plopped herself next to Luna who just chuckled at her along with Krystal.

“ Owh, don't you wanna join us Ssul ? “ Asked Luna when she noticed the girl just stood by the couch.

“ I .. actually ... “

 

Sulli at the moment felt so uneasy with the stares that she received from her friends. Every each one of them were right now throwing the girl a mischievous smiles that seems not going to fade from their face.

“ I shouldn't spill that part I guess. “ Murmured Sulli in a sighed.

“ You're enjoying it aren't you ? “ Asked Krystal while playfully poking the girl' cheek, just trying to annoys her even more.

“ What ? It was just a quick peck. What need to be enjoy for ? “

“ Owh, does that mean you're hoping for a longer kiss ? A real kiss from him ? “ Blurted Amber in a smirked.

“ Mwo ? Unnie ! “

“ So, how do you feel about it Ssul ? “

“ About what ? “

“ The kiss .. and Taemin, himself. “

“ I .. I don't know but I do feels happy. “

Sulli looks unsure at one time but then she let out a chuckle when she reminisce back her moment with Taemin.

“ I could feel that my heart were pounded really fast when I caught the way he looked at me so lovingly. He had never looked at me with those stares and today he had showed a different side of him. I was really happy at that time until suddenly he decides to let me go. The fact that his warm hand wasn't in mine anymore has irks me really bad. Not just that, he had left me to Sehun at the end. Why can't he stay with me until the end ? “

Her last word was let out with her trembled voice and little that she know, her eyes were already pooling with tears that seems like refused to fall.

Those has made the girls to jolted in surprised. “ Sulli ? Are you alright ? “

“ I'm .. I'm not sure why I feels this way. It's kinda hurt to think that he's with Minzy right now. Why can't I understand my own feelings unnie ? Does this mean I .. I love him ? I shouldn't right ? I'm afraid I can't handle this weird feelings. “

Victoria could sense that the girl might burst into tears at any time from now and decided to calm the girl by giving a warm hug.

“ That's alright. No need to cry or be afraid of your feelings. You just not use to it, yet. Soon or later you will know how great is the feelings that you had right now. You will cherish it really well. “

The rest of the girls were just smiling at Victoria, too amazed with her words which eventually made Sulli to feel at ease.

“ Really ? “

“ Trust me. I've went through this. All of us did and I'm sure they are also agreed with me. “

Sulli took a glimpse at her friends, trying to get some assurance from them and slowly, a smile started to form on her face once she was welcomed with their warm smiles.

“ I should be happy right ? I've finally found my love. “

“ Err, I think ... You're too slow on realizing that you're in love with Taemin. Hehe. “

Said Amber in a mocking tone, just trying to lighten up her mood and it is effective with the proof of couple of smack that she received from Sulli with Luna's Ponyo plush toy.

“ Yah Sulli ! You're hurting her. “ Shrieked Luna in horror with the scene in front of her which immediately cause Sulli to stop hitting Amber.

“ Aww, Luna. You save me from that Giant Baby. Thank you. I love you. “

“ Not you unnie ... “ Luna rolled her eyes at Amber before quickly snatched the Ponyo from Sulli's hand.

“ I mean, Ponyo. She's too precious to me. Jjong oppa gave it to me remember ? “

“ Yah ! How come you love that thing more than I ? “

Instead of watching the Sulber fights, it's now turned into a Lunber fight with Sulli, Victoria and Krystal as their viewer, who's having a really fun time laughing badly at the two of them.

 

So at the end, they had a serious talk among themselves regarding Sulli's sudden realization on loving her own best friend as more than just a friend which unfortunately causes the tomboy to lose her chance once again to watch her ' Running Man '.

“ Now I had to wait for another repeat telecast of Running Man. Aish ! Thanks to you Choi Sulli ! “

Asserted Amber annoyingly at the Giant Baby who just replied with a merong to her tomboy unnie.