Discombobulated

Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Discombobulated (adj.)

Emotionally confused or uncertain.

 

 

 

Chapter 32

 

 

 

As Jimin stepped inside the diner, close family and friends gathered around with Chaeyoung beside him. They started singing a birthday song for him and Jimin sheepishly smiled, getting embarrassed already. 

 

They clapped and laughed at Jimin's reaction then his parents went forward to make him blow his birthday cake. 

 

"Make a wish, son."

Wish? Does he need to wish? Will it be granted if he wished? Wishing is uncertain and so he clasped his both palms. 

 

He don't need to wish, just like what he told to Lisa before? He closed his eyes and mumbled a simple 'thank you' prayer. 

 

They watched him smiled and then after that he blowed the candles. Jimin's friends and relatives clapped elatedly some are even whistling. 

 

But no matter how happy he feel right now? There's missing. Where is Lisa?

 

"Happy Birthday!"

They greeted him once more before his parents loudly said that it's time for the food which everybody was very pleased to hear. 

 

People subsides around him, only Yoongi was the one that left behind with him. 

 

"Are you waiting for someone else?"

His best friend asked him. Jimin hesitantly nodded which earned him a soft pat at his back. 

 

"Jimin maybeー"

 

"She'll come hyung."

The younger one smiled, he believes on Lisa's words to him. And by seeing Jimin positive about this, Yoongi can only nod, fully understood the latter's feelings. He ruffled Jimin's black natural hair and chuckled. 

 

"Arasso, but let's just eat while waiting on her."

Jimin didn't have strength to argue about it, so he just complied with his best friend.

 

 

 

Come to think of it? Reaching the age twenty really doesn't makes sense actually. But the fact that you'll realized that you're not a kid anymore is somewhat terrifying. 

 

Because this time? You'll need to stand on your own. Do what you want on your own. Free but more responsibilities. They no longer see you as a kid anymore. The youth is gone and I don't know if that is somewhat to be happy about. 

 

But for Jimin? It was a fifty-fifty mixture of excitement and sorrow. He held and secured his childhood for a long time, only to tossed all of it when he met Lisa. Is it worth it?

 

Yes. Everything is worth it for the one you love. There's no regrets with the right decisions. When you're happy and rest assured of it? Then it's the right choice. Then it's worth it.

 

 

 

A few minutes passed by, the restaurant chime ring which means someone just entered. Others who are curious turned their heads to look at the new guest. 

 

A fiery orange head came in with a small present box on her hand. She roamed her eyes at the whole area and realized that it was packed of people she don't know, not until she met eyes with him. 

 

Jimin quickly stand up and excused himself to his friends, with a beaming smile written on his face. He half run and walk and when he reached her, he gave her a warm tight hug. 

 

"Thank you for coming."

He whispered, Lisa patted his arm and pulled out from the hug, she lifted her hand and showed her gift for him. 

 

"I was late for this. Happy Birthday Jimin-ah."

Her lips formed into a childlike smile. However, Jimin eyebrows furrowed when he noticed her newly dyed hair.

 

It was blonde this morning but when he saw how cute she is, he pinched her both cheeks and let out a chuckle. 

 

"You don't have to but thank you. Your hair suits you by the way."

Her hair reminded him of the burnt orange sunset he saw a few days ago, it was warm and beautiful.

 

"Really?"

Lisa touched her hair and gets shy a sudden when Jimin ruffles her bangs which the girl gently slapped his hand away.

 

"Yes. You looked lovely as always."

He chuckled and accepted her gift. It's just a strawberry cream cake, which Lisa bought near the area. But it means a lot to Jimin already.

 

On the other hand, people started to be curious of who's the girl that Jimin is with. Jisoo was the first one to react upon familiarizing the girl.

 

"So she's really alive?"

Chaeyoung leaned forward and put a hand on her cheek, as she eyed the two giggling and smiling. As if their existence here doesn't even exist. 

 

"That's impossible unnie. She's a different person, she may looked like her? But she's not 'The Lisa Manoban' . Everyone knew inside BigHit about CL sunbaenim's great dongsaeng and she's far from her."

She rolled her eyes and stuffed a fresh lettuce in .

 

"In short? She's deceiving him."

Her tone was full of hatred which Jisoo was surprised to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter