chapter 4

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

What have I gotten myself into?

For a nanosecond that thought crossed Jungkook's mind. And irritated him a lot. It was just a job. A job like everything else, he kept telling himself. Convincing himself that he totally could pull the stunt. It wasn't a big deal. Nope, not at all. He was merely stuck in a giant bunny costume like one of those people selling balloons in amusement parks.

There was so much cotton around him, especially that ridiculous tummy, he felt as if he just had to lean a bit forward and then would roll through the room like a big Jungkook ball. The shoes he was wearing were so big and long it felt like wearing skiers. Loads of padding filled his shoes and gloves so he had no sense of orientation. He practically couldn't use his feet or hands because he kept messing up the distance to objects, making him bump into everything. And don't even get started on his bunny ears. They were padded too, standing upright and so long and high he didn't fit through most of the doors. He had the strong urge to hold his arms up, stretched over his head just to see if he fitted through the next door without bending down or not.

It was annoying and embarassing and hideous and impractical and too hot. But that god-damned bunny costume was what he opted for. Afterall the party's motto was 'I shouldn´t be here' and if he instead showed up in a nice suit or something it would destroy his image of an innocent, cute and eager boy he had created over the last few days. So Junkook had told his second to get him something fitting. And Yoongi had showed up with this. He wasn't sure if the elder just had the opinion gaining the trust of his target might work out best in this stupid costume or if he was getting back on him for something. However, the longer he thought about this the later it got.

Going to a party in this thing is called having guts! He repeated the sentence three times and made his way to the location the author had given him, even going all out taking some balloons with him to make it clear to every last person what his appearance was about. Hell, keeping up his usual I-don't-feel-anything mode was getting difficult already.

 


Getting confirmation to be at the right party without even entering the building had never been easier.

There wasn't a line but people kept coming and coming. Right in front of him were walking a farmer, a fireman, a blood splattered doctor, a violinist and a scientist. What an odd group. He would fit in here perfectly. The doctor already grinned at him. Jungkook mirrored the expression while noticing all of them were men, his mind processing and working on it already. Was this a males only party? A gay party? Or was it a mere coincidence? Eyes wide open and not bothering with the fact he was staring Jungkook stepped inside the club 'BT's' and took in his surroundings. There indeed seemed to be men only although with some, he wasn't sure especially in these costumes. While he scanned the room, the deep bass seeped through the fluffyness of his bunny costume and numbed his body. His grip on the balloons loosened as he subconsiously swayed in the rhythm to the music as best as the cotton everywhere around him allowed it.

"You don't go for half lenghts, don't you." It was not a question but a statement his target made as he popped out of nowhere right infront Jungkook, looking rather y in classy business man attire. y for a man, that is. Not that Jungkook cared. But immediately he asked himself if the author wanted to test him and his intentions, wanted to see if he could refrain from doing anything to him. Well, according to his current role Jungkook would have to play nice. Gaining trust and stuff like that before he could go for it.

So he just shook his head in affirmation. Remembered peeing in his bed at the age of seven to will blood rising in his face, as if being taken aback by the looks of the other, and followed him to a bunch of seats. His target threw himself on the nearest chair, attaché case discarded on another seat.

"Honestly, I didn't expect you to come in anything theme-related."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

The other waved with his hand . "Dunno. I mean, you need quite some self-confidence to do it." He casted the younger another look. "Seems I underestimated you in that matter."

Oh, you have no idea how right you are, Jungkook thought. But replied something else. "I just- I mean isn't it meant to be working like this?" He turned his head from one side to the other, going for an insecure and nervous vibe. "I just wanted to stick to the rules. But as I haven't been on such a party before I wasn't sure how much... what would be seen as okay. Did I overdo it?" He gulped.

The target gave him a small smile. "No no. It's just... surprising. Unexpected. On the other hand, one might witness a lot of unexpected things here tonight."

Jungkook hummed. True, true. Then, from one moment to another the author had shot up, bouncing on his feet.

"Anyways, this is a party so we should probably be drinking and dancing more. Come." And he pulled Jungkook to the crowded dance floor. The elder started to move his body fluidly to the music. Jungkook had to admit he hadn't expected the other to dance. He indeed was good. But the younger himself wasn't that bad either. Eager to prove his talent, he began dancing too as the song grew more powerful and dynamic. Or at least that was the plan. Instead, he bumped into everybody around him, causing general struggling, tripping and complaining in his vincinity. With a deep sigh of resignation, the target lead him back to the chairs again.

"I don´t know if I should laugh or be mad at you right now", he complained, running a tiny hand through his blonde hair.

"Uhm, can I choose?", Jungkook dared, earning him an amused look.

"Wow, Jiminie, you didn't tell me your stalker would be this extra!"

Both turned to the source of the happy deep voice, the author smiling brightly and the killer frowning as to why did the voice sound familiar to him. The newly arrived young man was tall, had caramel latte colored hair and looked in his sand-colored outdoor pockets-everywhere outift with fitting big hat and butterfly net in his hands as if he was on a safari tour. If he had to guess, Jungkook would say the stranger was the more extra one from the both of them. Starting with his voice. Why did he sound like a grown up man in his thirties or maybe even fourties but looked barely twenty years old? That - just - it didn't fit and it bugged Jungkook as much as the feeling he knew the stranger from somewhere. But he couldn't put a finger on it.

"Tae, you took ing forever", the author whined, hugging the stranger tightly.

Jungkook  in the meanwhile was still irritated like hell, so he took the initiative and simply asked. "So, uh, who are you?"

At that, the stranger threw him a huge rectangular smile."Kim Taehyung, born in 1995 and officially the best friend of this cutiepie here."

"..."

Jungkook wasn´t shocked. Maybe slightly surprised. But no, he certainly was not shocked as he drew the connection to his weird on-hold conversation some days ago. The conversation he had had with the very same Kim Taehyung as was now standing here. He wasn't shocked, coul never be so why was there a dull strange sensation spreading in his upper body causing him to let go of the balloons? Not understanding what and why he actually felt, Jungkook stared back at supposed-to-be collateral victim Taehyung whilst the balloons rose higher and higher, met the ceiling fan and got shredded by it with loud pangs.