chapter 27

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

If one had asked Jungkook why he shivered he wouldn´t have been able to give a proper answer. Because he was not sure. Was it thanks to the chilly night breeze and him wearing a too thin jacket? Or was it because Tae ignored him with all might? Probably both.

He remembered the first time he had come to Tae´s apartment. How the brunet wouldn´t let go of his hand and he wondered why he was fine with the contact despite his usual dislike of skinship. How angry and confused he had been as several unfamiliar sensations coursed through him, how he had shouted at Tae and been still in denial about his feelings.

Now Jungkook knew he loved the singer and he had accepted it even though he wouldn´t act on it ever. But Tae wasn´t holding his hand anymore. He didn´t look at him, didn´t touch him, didn´t speak to him. Maybe it´s better this way. Jungkook wanted to grab those beautiful hands and pull Tae in, engulf him in a hug and breath in his smell, wanted to assure and comfort him but he knew better. So he stayed in the opposite corner of the elevator and did not move a muscle. The cold krept deeper in his body and closer to his heart.

As the elevator came to a stop Tae rushed out and to their apartment´s door. Jungkook noticed his slightly shaking hands as he needed a few attempts to unlock the door. Metal scratched against metal as the key didn´t slide in the lock. Jungkook flinched. Not because of the ugly sound but because of the cold piercing look so unfamiliar on the brunet´s face.

Finally the door opened. They were welcomed by some smooth and delicate music and the faint smell of sweat. Tae slipped out of his shoes and socks, padded to the living room and flung his arm out.

"You wanted Jimin? There, you have a Jimin." The sharp bite in his voice made the author stop his fluid dance movements. With big eyes he turned to his best friend.

"Tae-tae? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever", he snapped. "I´m peachy! Now go enjoy Jungkook´s presence, I´ll fetch a clean shirt or something." And the singer stormed off like a whirlwind.

Both Jungkook and Jimin stared after him in shock. This was so unlikely for the singer it didn´t feel real. The blond turned around. "What is going on here?",  he asked, confusion and sorrow evident.

"I´m not quite sure..." the younger mumbled, still looking after Tae.

Jimin gnawed on his lips as he was trying to understand the situation. "I´ll go talk with him if he cooled down I guess. But what was the deal with a clean shirt?"

"Ah, well..." Jungkook scratched his head in embarassement. "I got coffee spilled all over my back. So I asked Tae-hyung if I could shower here and... yeah."

The author´s expression changed to determination. "Then what are you waiting for? Go go, take a shower, don´t soak here", he ushered a flustered Jungkook to the bathroom.

"B-but what about Tae-?"

"GO already! He´ll calm down." Jimin all but ripped off Jungkook´s jacket. He inhaled sharply as he spotted the prominent stain on the white shirt. "Ouch, really hit you hard, huh? Take the shirt off, I´ll see what I can do." He stretched out a hand.

Jungkook looked around in bewilderment. "What? Here? Right now?"

The older just rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on. Don´t make a big deal out of it. Shirt, now."

This was several miles past his comfort zone. The younger could feel how he turned bright red as he did like asked. 

Jimin the little devil whistled approvingly, then giggled. "Wow, that´s what I call a trained body! Nice abs and chest, Jungkook-ah. Not bad, really not bad~"

Why was there no hole to hide in?

"Uh, yes, well, thanks uhm... seeyalater." Jungkook literally threw his dirty shirt in the blond´s face as he stormed to the bathroom. With a loud bang he shut the door. This was all getting too much. First Tae was so painfully cold to him - yes, he had noticed how the brunet had called him 'Jungkook' instead of 'Kookie' - then he had to strip and be oggled and complimented by Jimin. And to top his misery his Blessing was getting restless. 

Jungkook´s breath went ragged as he undressed and stepped under the shower. He had no idea how thick the walls were, he needed to be careful.

Hopefully silent enough not to be heard above the rush of water he began to sing. It was not much to take the edge away but better than nothing. He took his time under the shower, singing a bit longer.

And was greatly startled as arms s around his bare torso. With a loud yelp he turned around. Water went into his mouth and nose, making him choke. Coughing wildly he bent over. Strong broad hands - he would recognize those hands everywhere - hit his back.

"Sh*t, are you okay?", the deep concerned voice sounded above his head.

"What *cough* what are you doing?!" Jungkook questioned and looked up. Big mistake. Because just like himself, Tae was completely . !!! He barely noticed he was staring.

Tae smirked. "Like what you see?"

Jungkook spluttered, eyes wide and head undeniably red. "What... why.... but I... you... uh...", he helplessly made random gestures to the shower and the door.

"Well didn´t you know, Kookie? I like to shower together." A sly smile tugged at the brunet´s lips.

The young Blessed couldn´t keep up. At one hand he was relieved Tae called him by his nickname again but at the other hand everything in him stilled at that y smile. He was in deep sh*t.

Control yourself, ing control yourself, I DARE you, keep your hands to yourself and do NOT look down any further! 

"I-I didn´t know", he stuttered.

Tae strolled closer. "But you don´t mind, do you?"

No, not at all, go ahead please, oh my god, wow! No no no! YES! Yes I do mind! I want to keep my sanity thank you very much!

"Uh, well..."

"Great", the brunet chirped and for a second his demeanor dropped and he was back to his bubbly self. But only for a short moment. Then his gaze darkened again as he looked Jungkook up and down who tried his best to cover himself.

"Jiminie was right", he murmured with voice an octave deeper even. "You are a fine sight to see." Tae took another step forward and laid a hand on Jungkook´s ripped stomach.

The younger took a sharp breath. Where was this going?

Control!

The hand started to move slowly, caressing his wet skin.

"You know, I can´t possibly let that pabo get all of your attention for himself", Tae whispered almost inaudibly even though Jungkook had turned off the shower already. "And I have no idea why I am being that way but it bothers me to no end. I am your friend too, aren´t I?"

With that, he latched his lips at Jungkook´s shoulder. The younger bit down on his lip to stiffle a moan. He could taste blood. What kind of 'friend' did Tae mean? Did he even know himself?

"Don´t you think it´s unfair too, Kookie?", the singer mumbled against his neck, lips travelling up and up.

Jungkook froze, the blood in his veins turning to ice. Cold sweat formed at his neck. And then those velvet lips he always dreamed of laid on his own. Moved against his, feeling so perfect as Tae set a slow pace to press their mouths together. He didn´t seem to care Jungkook didn´t respond at all. His one hand moved to the nape of the younger´s head while the other one slid down his arm, his eyes closed whereas Jungkook´s eyes were wide open in  fear and shock. But then Tae traced his tongue against Jungkook´s mouth, trying to pry it open. And Jungkook snapped.

A loud slap echoed through the room. It was just then Jungkook realized what he had done. How he had forcefully smacked Tae in the face to stop him.

"No", Jungkook breathed. He staggered backwards, back from the confusion and hurt in the brunet's eyes, back from the angry red mark on his cheek, back from looming death. Trembling and shaking his head, tears already glistening in his eyes he burst out, mumbling sorry all over.

Outside the bathroom stood Jimin. As he saw the condition Jungkook was in, now tears spilling down his cheeks in earnest he wordlessly handed the younger something to wear. Jungkook couldn´t even thank him properly as he put on the things, only repeating "I´m sorry" like a mantra.

And then he was out, cold night air hitting his skin, his wet hair uncomfortably cooling down. His feet hammered at the ground as he ran. The embarassement, fear and guilt were eating him alive. Jungkook kept running the whole way back home. The moment he passed the door to their head quarter he collapsed, sobbing, forcing out tears which weren´t left there anymore.

", what happened?!" Far away, in another world there was a chair scrabbing over the floor and somebody rubbing his back in comfort as Jungkook laid on the floor face down, his body violently shaking.

It took him more than forty minutes to calm down again. Well, not really calm down but at least enough to form coherrent sentences.

"I almost... I almost killed Tae", the young Blessed rasped. He dragged himself up a chair to sit at the table together with his hyungs. Then his head immediately fell down onto the wood. He groaned.

"I ing nearly killed him..." After that only incoherrent whimpers spilled from his mouth.

 


"Hey."

Jungkook didn´t budge.

"Yah, Jungkook-ah!" Hoseok shook the younger´s shoulders.

"Wake up!"

Nothing.

"Ugh."

The red-head disappeared in his room and came back with his phone. He held it right next to the sleeping maknae´s ear and played a voice memo on full volume.

" 'WAAAAH, JUNGKOOKIE~' "

Jungkook´s head jerked up and the table rattled as he hit his knee against it.

"What?! Tae?" His head spun from one direction to the other in search of the voice´s owner. He was wide awake indeed.

The forger couldn´t stop laughing. "Oh my god... you are... so... whipped..." He slapped his leg and kept howling.

Jungkook scowled at him. What was going on? Still laughing loudly, Hoseok demonstratively played the memo again. " 'WAAAAH, JUNGKOOKIE~' "

"You little piece of-"

"Oh, come on", Hoseok pleaded in a soothing manner, hands raised and still giggling. "Don´t be mad. First, it was funny as hell how you reacted. Second, I needed to get you awake because A) sleeping on a table is not comfortable at all and B) there are matters at hand to be discussed."

The raven-head pinched his nose as he tried very hard to swallow every mean word down again. "Spill", he demanded.

All happiness vanished from the older´s face. It was bad then. 

"Our client sent us a threat because Jiminie is still alive." Hoseok made a break to let it sink in. "Shall I read it out?"

Jungkook tiredly shook his head. "Just... tell me how bad."

"Level two."

"...I see."

Hoseok fidgeted around. "Hey, whatever path you choose from here-on, you need to take action now. Or everything will be too late."

"I know." Jungkook ran a hand through his hair, his eyes frantically darting around. "I know that, hyung." He didn´t care how desperate and weak he sounded. Thoughts entered his mind and left it again, some remaining and running in circles. It made him dizzy. Making life-depending decisions for people dear to him always made him dizzy and restless. He got up, pacing around and murmuring to himself.

"...So?", Hoseok piped up after a solid twenty minutes. Yoongi had joined him waiting. "What are your orders, boss?"

Eventually, Jungkook stilled.

"Prepare everything for a quick and long leave. Hoseok-hyung, you and me will vanish for some time. I need a very well-hidden place with all necessities and enough reserves to stay low for a couple of weeks. It needs to be settled for three. Yoongi-hyung, you will remain here in the head-quarter for now and coordinate everything. And you will be our contact to the world. I need you to watch every move that client makes. If things come worst, pack the neccessities and go to another hideout. Double-check our phones as soon as possible."

Both elders nodded along with grim faces. 

"How soon?", his second ultimately asked.

"Very fast. Best would be right now. We prepared for quite some time now, can we move tonight?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the forger.

Who nodded. "It´s all set."

Jungkook hummed, satisfied for now. "Good. Then let´s start operation 'resting fox'."

 


"Watch over Tae. I entrust you with the safety of my everything. Keep him safe by all means. Don´t fail me."

"He won´t get a single scratch, brat. I swear on my life."

"Thank you, hyung."

"Ugh, you know I hate hugs. Let go!" ..."You can trust me."


To: Jimin a.k.a smol hyung

Subject: !!!

 

Message:

Hyung,

Please come to the old factory at the river. Meet me there at 2 am. Pay attention nobody sees or follows you. Best would be you disguise yourself. Bring along your most vital neccessities for a long vacation, only as much as you can carry. This is not some kind of joke or prank, I swear. It is for your own safety. Be punctual and stealthy.

Also, please don´t tell Tae. Not a single word.

Jungkook