chapter 12

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Jungkook felt like being lazy. He laid in bed and let time wash over him while he did nothing, thought nothing, felt nothing. Except a slight but fast stir in his upper body.

The day passed and nothing spectacular happened anymore. Somewhen, there was a knock on his door.

"Brat? Brat, I need to talk to you", the muffled voice of his second sounded from behind the door.

Jungkook didn´t answer.

"Are you even awake? Yah, that is important!"

He turned around and ignored the elder. After some seconds, he could hear foot steps distancing themselves from his room.

The raven-haired remained inactive some more minutes before he got too bored.

He got up and rummaged through everything lying on the floor, searching for anything to pique his interest. And found the CD´s Tae had snuck into his bag. CD´s of Tae himself. His fingertips tingled as he gave a closer look to them. The covers surely were  no joke. Whoever had taken the photographs of the brunette knew his job. The pictures of Tae were just... mesmerizing. Jungkook didn´t have another word for it. No, not the pictures were, he was. Tae himself was mesmerizing.

No! Offended by his own thoughts, Jungkook scowled and gripped the sleeve tight enough to create some tiny cracks in the plastic. But whatever it was Tae was looking like, that was not the point here. With closed eyes, the young Blessed chose one of the many discs and put it in his CD player. And just to annoy his hyung, turned up the volume to let no doubt he was not sleeping at all.

Immediately, the familar deep, full voice resonated through the room and filled it. The first song was cheerful, without sorrows, a slow piece in major. It was the incarnation of warm orange october sun rays falling through the window and waking you up bit by bit, playing with the dust in the room, illuminating the morning world and inviting butterflies to dance between the rays. Sitting in the last free spot on the floor, Jungkook listened to the song with closed eyes, bathing in the picture it created. A smile crept up his face.

Then the second song started. It was like the total opposite but belonging to the first one. This one was a sorrowful ballad sung in minor, the deep voice scratchy and raw with emotions, glorious in the pain. Jungkook didn´t see a picture this time. Didn´t want to, forced himself to dwell as less as possible because he knew the picture in his mind wouldn´t be pleasant at all but saddenly ugly.

It worked, he didn´t think of something certain, just listened to the music, flowing with the rhythm. And still there was something strange, nasty and wet on his cheek. As in slow motion, he touched the abhorrent salty liquid staining his face and watched the glintering drop running down his finger.

That´s it! Matching the rhythm of the wild rap the third song was, he pulled the plug, took the CD player in both hands, opened one of the windows and threw the thing with the borrowed CD still inside out of the window in the backyard. There was a loud noise as the thing shattered on the concrete.

Jungkook was livid again.

Mere moments later, Yoongi and Hoseok burst into the room, one obviously annoyed an the other one highly concerned.

"What the hell is going on here?!", the icey blue-haired one demanded to know.

But Jungkook just pushed past them, out of the room, out of the building and started running. He didn´t know where else to put his energy this moment. He kept running and running under the dark sky where no stars could be seen, swallowed by the city lights. He didn´t care where to, he just needed to get out, get away from this, from Tae, from everything, from himself.

His feet thrummed on the asphalt as he dodged cars, lantern posts, bus stops and people without fail, noticing everything but seeing nothing. This was wrong, it was all so wrong.

Eventually, he arrived at the very same park he had met with Tae twice now. The cold night air stung into his lungs like sharp knives and he couldn´t feel his feet anymore. Heavy as a felled tree, he went down at the cool wet grass. Now lying on his back, Jungkook gazed up in the endless sky above. That stuff on his face - he would never admit it was a single tear - had been dried already. But that didn´t mean he was back to normal. No, far from it. He knew it was just the beginning and things would get worse if all of this feeling sh*t continued. It had been like that once before. As if in confirmation, his Blessing was stirring, slowly starting to boil. And that was it - the boiling, the sign he was loosing control again.

Jungkook allowed his thoughts to wander a bit. To the first and last time he had lost control over those powers. A picture of his mom flashed through his mind. Bits and pieces, fragments of the memories he kept shut away. One minute. Just one minute. And then he pushed everything far far away again.

 


Feeling cold and empty again, Jungkook returned to the head quarter. Where he was met with a waiting Yoongi. He didn´t greet the elder as he had a feeling if they started to talk he wouldn´t like the outcome. So he just tried to get past his second again. Who called after him.

"I am trying to have a serious conversation with you here."

"And I am trying to subtly avoid it", Jungkook mumbled and rushed to his room. Leaving an unamused Yoongi behind. Hoseok entered the room cautiously.

With soft voice the redhead asked "Still no luck getting him to talk properly with you?"

The elder shook his head. "This leads nowhere. The brat is stubborn, he won´t stop running away if he made up his mind to avoid me. I will text his doc to talk to him."

"Good idea" Hoseok hummed.

Yoongi typed something in his phone then went to the youngest´s door and knocked. Without opening the door, he shouted through the thick wood

"Yah, don´t forget to finally make an appointment for your report or I will get spammed with mails asking me where you were this month! Drag your lazy to the department of wind mashines as soon as possible, you hear me?"

Hoseok stood behind him and gave him an upset look. "Did you really need to say that?"

"What?"

"Wind mashines, of course!" the forger threw his hands in the air. "It is extremely rude to call a Blessed like that and Jungkook hates it. You didn´t have to do that, really. It´s like I would call you a fridge whenever you are especially cold and unemotional or you´d call me a microwave whenever I do sports."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "But that´s the point, stupid. He needs to get an appointment and show up to those burocratic bastards like a nice puppy or else we will be in trouble. And if I need to annoy him a bit to get him doing  that then so be it."

"...Actually you are far more nice then it always seems..."