chapter 19

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

"Honestly, I am surprised everything went well in the end", Yoongi sighed, rubbing his face.

Jungkook hummed. "There you are not the only one. Anyway, thank you for your hard work, hyung."

His second lazily waved a hand.

"It´s alright, kid. I am just glad now we have some spare time to get this stupid task done. In case we don´t need to go away sooner. The only thing nagging me is: why the did you have your phone with you and even ?"

"I, uh" the younger stammered. "I don´t know. I´m not a pro in doing stuff like that, okay?"

"Whatever", the other shrugged. "Nothing went wrong so I guess it´s okay. Whatever Hoseok has done seems to work too. It will take some time for the author to publish his book now, so you better make the extra time count. And now go already, you have a workshop to attempt."

With a smirk, he pushed the maknae out of the door and then went to his room to take a nap.

 


"KOOKIEEEEE!", Tae shouted, leapted up from his seat, ran across the room with open arms and jumped at the flustered younger man.

Well, that answered the question if he had gotten the right room. 

"Hello to you too", Jungkook laughed after the initial shock was gone.

Out of reflex his hands had shot up to Tae´s back so he was now standing in the hallway, holding the brunette in place who had wrapped his legs around him and clung to him like a coala, grinning widely.

Resting his chin on the younger´s shoulder, Tae giggled as he was still held up.

"Finally you are here, I already thought you wouldn´t come again", he cheered loudly then brought his head back to look the younger in the eyes.

Jungkook stopped breathing.

Too close, they were way too close! The brunette´s face was only mere inches away from his own and he caught himself staring at the plump lips stretched to a smile. He gulped, praying the direction of his gaze went unnoticed together with the accelerating beat of his heart and the blush he felt heating his cheeks. Once more he sneaked a glance at those lips, at the warm brown eyes, he just couldn´t resist.

With dry mouth, the younger sat down the still grinning brunette, taking slow breaths. And patching the holes were his Blessing threatened to escape his bowl.

But of course, Tae wasn´t done yet. He forced Jungkook to do their greeting secret handshake rite thing, then grabbed his hand and lead him to his place. As they both sat down, Jungkook still flushed, the brunette handed him some handwritten notes.

"That´s what you basically missed yesterday. I´m not sure I got everything but... uhm yeah, here you go", he sheepishly explained. Leaving the younger temporarily speechless.

"...Tha-thank you. You really didn´t have to do that, hyung..." He was caught off guard by the kind gesture.

"Pffft, of course not! But I wanted to, okay? Besides, aren´t you a learnig photographer and need the help? Also, I was pretty bored without you being here yesteray, so..."

"I´m sorry", Jungkook mumbled, staring down at his hands.

"Naw, don´t be", Tae replied, grabbed the back of the other´s head and bumped both their foreheads together. Remaining in that position a little longer, he murmured with the smile clearly audible "I´m just happy you are here now."

Jungkook didn´t know where to go and what to do with his feelings. So he stayed still.

Luckily, it was that moment an old man entered the room ("This is the prof", Tae whispered).

Or unluckily, as his gaze immediately fell on Jungkook, curiousity and suspicion written all over the old man´s stern face.

"A newcomer", the prof grumbled. "Whom do we have here?"

"My name is Jeon Jeongguk, sir", the raven-head replied, getting up.

And being all too aware of the other participants staring at him. He internally recoiled at the unwanted attention. "I am here to attend the workshop together with my friend Kim Taehyung. I´m sorry for not coming yesterday, it had personal... uh, reasons."

The prof nodded, then wrote something down. Relieved, Jungkook sat down again. Tae chuckled as he noticed his uneasiness, then he pinched the younger´s cheek.

"It´s alright, Kookie. Relax, yeah?"

"...Mhm..."

The brunette chuckled again and pulled at his earlobe this time. 

"Okay everybody, welcome to day two of the workshop. Now please take out your cameras and place them on the table" the prof instructed.

Jungkook did as told, just to hear the brunette next to him burst out in laughter.

"Bwahahahaha, what´s that?! What is that fluffy little dustball on your cam, Kookie? How cuuuute~"

"Hey, that´s puppy! Don´t tease my precious baby microphone, hyung. Yah!", the younger defended himself mockingly.

"Mister Jeon, I am glad you could make it today but could you please not interrupt my lesson in the first two minutes already", the old man barked.

He flinched. "Uh, s-sorry sir..."

Clamping his mouth shut not to laugh again, Tae ruffled his black hair and then touched puppie´s grey fur. Jungkook came to the conclusion his beloved hyung liked skinship a lot.

If the workshop continues like this, then it´s going to be a loooooong, long week...

 


"So, how do you feel about Jiminie-pabo?", Tae asked in curiousity during a small break, munching on his snack.

Jungkook sighed, dreading the topic. "I don´t know, hyung. I mean, I really like him but I said something stupid and now he hates me for sure and... ugh, dunno."

"Bullsh*t! He hates nobody, he doesn´t even know how to hate because his heart is way too big for such a feeling. And he impossibly can hate you. Who could ever hate you? You are such an amazing, cute, y, cool, funny, fascinating guy so how could he hate you?"

It is very easy to hate me and a lot of people actually do. You just don´t know how ugly I am in reality, hyung... And hopefully you never find out.

But Jungkook couldn´t deny the warmth spreading in his whole body as he heard Tae complimenting him.

Do you really think like that of me?

"Everything will turn out great, okay? Just trust me", the older promised and clasped Jungkook´s hands between his own big ones. He seemed a bit lost for a moment as the younger´s mood didn´t lift and scrambled for something else. "Okay, change of topics. Who was the guy speaking with you yesterday?"

Jungkook groaned. Of course he remembered.

"That was Hoseok-hyung. A friend of mine. He likes to stick his nose in other people´s business."

"Waaah, Kookie´s friend!" Tae clapped his hands, smiling and eyes wide open. "Can I meet him? I want to know the kind of people you´re usually hanging out with. Can you introduce him to me, please?"

"I´m not sure if that´s a good---"

"Pu-leeeeeeeease~", the brunette begged with puppy eyes. "Pretty please? Come on, Kookie, I´m sure we´ll get along well. Please, please, please!"

Jungkook pinched his nose bridge and groaned. "Ugh, well, I can try but-"

"THANK YOUUU", Tae screamed despite the both of them sitting next to each other and hugged him tightly.

"Okay, okay, I´ll tell him to come along tomorrow, okay? Hyung, I can´t- I can´t breathe, let go please..."

The younger slapped at the arms squeezing him and after a while, the elder deattached himself again.

"Ah, sorry, sorry", the brunette apologized grinning. "By the way, I just remembered he said my name. So does he know me? Are you possibly talking about me with your friends, Kookie?", he teased, poking Jungkook´s side.

The younger said nothing. With eyes big as saucers, he just stared at Tae. Hot blood rushed to his head. He was deep red and felt like exploding any moment out of embarassement. 

"Kookie? Anybody home?" Tae asked in concern, snapping his fingers infront of Jungkook´s face. "Uh, okay, let´s change topics again... uhm, let´s see... ah, yes! What was that about cheesecake for your gramps?"

Slowly, the tension in Jungkook´s body subsidued. "Ah, it was nothing. I just made a joke because gramps was complaining that the cheesecake was gone already again and I just thought out loud about a solution."

He forced out a laugh.

"Ah, I see... so he likes cheesecake then?"

Jungkook exhaled. Just as he thought, Tae had bought his story.

"Yes. Yes, he loves cheesecake. We both do. I guess that´s the only similarity between us."

He shrugged it off but it was true. He liked cheesecake very much. And his grandpa had distanced from him quite fast as soon as the nature of his Blessing was showing. And now he didn´t even know anymore if the old geezer was still alive or not.

"...You like cheesecake, Kookie?"

"Huh? Yes, I do. Oh, the prof is back. Break is over then, I guess..."

 


"Aaaah, finally! My hurts from sitting so long", Tae complained as the course finally was over. It was already getting dark and one after another, lights were .

"Well, you begged me to accompany me here, so I´d say it´s your own fault, hyung", Jungkook shot back, smirking. Tae grimaced. Maybe they would´ve bickered longer if not their stomachs both had grumbled and reminded them of the matter at hand.

"Aish, I´m starving. Let´s go eat somewhere, Kookie. My treat", the brunette suggested.

"Sure, why not? Count me in", Jungkook shrugged. As if it was no big deal. As if it didn´t sound a lot like a date in his ears.

"Yaaay, food", Tae chimed.

He grabbed the younger´s hand, interlacing their fingers, and lead him to a small restaurant giving off a homey vibe. Jungkook felt his hand become clammy but he didn´t let go. No, the opposite, he tightly squeezed his hyung´s hand, wishing he´d never need to let go. Everything was so different since he was aware of his love for the other. But at moments like this, he thought it wasn´t such a bad kind of different.

As they stepped inside the restaurant though, Jungkook felt his heart drop as the brunette, still holding his hand, confidently strode to a table were a familiar small blonde man was waiting. As soon as he looked up and noticed Jungkook, his whole body stiffened. The raven-head doing the same.

"Tae, can we maybe go eat somewhere else?", Jungkook asked, nervously tugging at his hand.

If that author tells Tae I´m a mass murderer everything is lost...

"It´s alright, Kookie. I asked him to come here so the two of you can work things out. I´ll be always right there, so don´t worry, okay?", the brunette assured him.

"B-but-"

"No buts, come on, you need to talk", Tae insisted, dragged him with him and pushed Jungkook on the bench facing the author. Then, he squeezed himself next to the youngest. Jungkook gulped, as he looked down to where their thighs were touching. He wasn´t sure if he would make it out here alive.

"Tae, what´s that supposed to mean?", the author questioned varily. "You texted me to meet you here and eat together but not that HE would be coming too!"

"Yes, I know I know, I didn´t tell both of you. But I´m sure whatever happened is all just a big misunderstanding. So please just talk, okay?"

Jungkook and the blonde looked at each other, then averted gazes again. It became uncomfortably silent. 

Eventually, the latter pulled a small package out of his pockets. "Uhm, wanna play cards?"

"Wooow, aren´t those the cards I gave you ages ago? I can´t believe you still have them!", Tae squealed.

His best friend gave him a soft look.

"Of course I still have them. It was a present from you, how could I ever loose them?"

"Aw, Jiminie you are so cute~"

Jungkook smiled fondly, remembering something but didn´t say a word. Tae noticed though.

"What?"

"Oh, it´s nothing. I just remembered my hyungs buying me some high quality pencils for christmas years ago. Some of them are almost too small for drawing now but I still keep them", the youngest confessed, shyly looking down.

Tae gasped.

"You draw too? Jiminie likes drawing a lot too! You should make a drawing contest! You draw Jimin and he draws you. I´ll be the judge", he proudly declared.

"Ah, no... I wouldn´t do hyung justice", Jungkook mumbled, fumbling with his napkin. To be honest, he would´ve liked to compete with the target but that wouldn´t fit his role now. The blonde just raised an eyebrow and cocked his head.

They began playing cards, ordered some food and continued. It was an even set, everybody kept winning and loosing so it was not long until a lively game had evolved, tension gone an they were chatting about this and that. Although Tae was doing most of the talking. Everything seemed to be alright. As their meals arrived, the blonde packed the cards away again but they didn´t stop talking.

Eventually, they got to a rather sensitive topic.

"Kookie, what do you think about how the government treats the Blessed?"

Jungkook took a moment to think about his answer. Giving the wrong answer here could be very critical.

"I think, the government is very proud of the Blessed and values them a lot."

Tae snorted.

"Yeah, very proud indeed. They pay them for just existing so many Blessed do nothing but be lazy and enjoy themselves whilst the normal ones like us need to work twice as hard. I mean, sure it´s cool to have super powers but the Blessed didn´t do anything to gain them. They basically get well-paid for being alive. I think that´s not fair at all."

As he heard those provoking words, the author leaned back in silence and observed the situation.

"Well, to be honest I don´t fancy the concept too", Jungkook aggreed with lowered voice. "Some people just take the money, not even questioning it. But I don´t trust it. I mean, there are various kinds of Blessings and some aren´t nice at all. So if you have a bad Blessing, if you are an impure, a Vague or a Taker maybe and because of your Blessing need to do things an Average would be sent to prison for or worse and most people look down at you and hate you, then who guarantees you there will always be money coming from the government? What if they somewhen get sick of those people? On the other hand, it wouldn´t be better if they really were paying them forever. After all, most Takers are nothing but killers. So if those people really get paid their whole life doesn´t it mean the government pays a bunch of serial killers for doing as they want?"

"I never thought in that direction but you are making sense here", Tae pondered. "Wow, what a twisted, sick policy we have..."

"Yeah, right?" Jungkook sighed. "The whole concept is crazy."

The author said nothing.

After that, they went back to easier topics while devouring their meals. And as they made their way back home, Tae got his best friend to allow Jungkook to call him Jimin.

("For strenghtening the bond", the brunette whispered, wiggling his eyebrows.)

"Good night, Kookie. Sleep well. See you tomorrow~", Tae sang, hugged the younger tightly.

"Uh, yeah, you too, sleep well, hyung..."

Jungkook wanted to hit himself for stuttering and blushing. The brunette smiled broadly.

"Well, good bye then, Jungkook", the author mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"G-good bye... Jimin."

That´s right. Jimin. Park Jimin. He is not a thing but a human made of flesh, a living being. Well, the others were too but... he is not just a target. He didn´t tell Tae and the talk wasn´t that bad either. I guess he is okay. Ah, sh*t! I shouldn´t get attached. Now killing him will be only more difficult... See, that´s why I don´t like feelings. Damn!

 

 


Happy Hobiday to you all ^^​​