chapter 16

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

"Oh please, not again. I thought it was over."

Jungkook slightly chuckled as he heard the whispered complain coming from the author. He had come to a fansign event or however you call it for authors, gotten his nth autograph and then patiently waited in a corner.

As the event got ended and the target left the room, the younger got outside and positioned himself next to the back entrance. The door opened and revealed a familiar small figure. For a moment the author looked outright shocked. But he soon regained control over his facial expression and forced a big smile to show.

"You know, no matter how much I admire your stubborness there are limits to how much I tolerate you stalking me."

His voice was kind and might have fooled everybody else. But not Jungkook. He clearly heard the anger and fear and hard determination hidden behind the sugary mask. He considered himself an expert in reading people after all. Not that the behavior of the smaller man would scare him off though. So he just grinned sheepishly, scratched his neck and mumbled a soft "Sorry."

The author visibly relaxed. It was just a stupid persistent boy with an annoying crush on him. Nothing really dangerous, right? Jungkook internally scoffed. Then, slowly not to let his target out of his sight, he fumbled with his backpack and got the CD out. With a shy smile that was so fake he almost choked on it, he held it up to the elder´s face.

There was a loud comical gasp. The author extended a hand in slow motion, careful not to touch the valuable CD. Then he screeched loudly as he discovered the autograph on the cover. Eyes wide like saucers and mouth gaping open and closing again he looked like a stranded fish. Jungkook gave his best not to burst into loud laughter at the hilarious expression. It was just too funny. Tae hadn´t exaggerated as he had said what a huge fan his friend was.

Finally, the blonde found his voice again. "Is this the new Taeyang CD and even with an autograph?!"

Jungkook nodded, broadly smiling. "Yes, hyung."

"OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD!"

The younger fidgeted around, avoiding eye contact. "Yeah, I uhm, I heard you like Taeyang so as I was out to buy the new GD disk I thought it wouldn´t hurt to get one of those too, so..."

The author snorted but still looked beyond himself.

"Whom are you even kidding here? It has been nearly impossible to get one of those especially the limited ones with autograph. I know what a fight you need to put on for getting one so don´t play it down."

"Uh... errm, well... okay. Sorry."

Now the elder shuckled, seemingly having exposed the efforts Jungkook had put into retreiving the CD.

"So you really got them just for me?" He tried to grab after the much-wanted item but the younger snatched it away before he could grasp it.

"Yes", the raven-head confirmed, hiding the disk behind his back. Watching the author pouting. "But I´d like to make an exchange if you don´t mind as it indeed had been quite difficult to get a hold of this."

The blonde raised his eyebrows, suspicion back on his face. But still motioned Jungkook with his hands to continue. What the latter just did.

"Not long ago I´ve discovered that one restaurant in the old town part. It has really good critiques and a friend recommended it to me so I wanted to go there for a while now but there always came something inbetween. And well, I was asking myself if maybe... if you maybe would like to go and eat there. With me. If... if you want that is, I mean. As thanks I would give you my CD if you´d like to and uh... yeah. That´s what I thought. Sorry."

Uncomfortably, he stared at his feet. It was all or nothing. If the target refused his offer... he had no clue what to do then. Though he had prepared some more speeches for different outcomes because you never know. He gulped audibly.

".........Deal."

Jungkook´s head snapped up.

"What", he blurted in disbelief. It couldn´t be this easy. Why were the normally difficult things easy and vice versa with this task? Just like Tae who had bought his lame apology in an instance.

The author rolled his eyes. "I said deal. I will go out and eat with you. But just this once. And you need to promise me to stop stalking me from then on, got it?"

"I promise, hyung!" Jungkook grinned. He would find other ways to get this stupid task done if necessary.

"Okay. I need to go now, so here is my number." The blonde snatched a card out of his pocket and handed it to the other. "Text me the location and I will tell you when I can make some time, alright?"

The younger nodded eagerly and watched the target getting in his car and driving away. Humming, he made his way back to the head quarter.

 


Still humming, Jungkook slapped the card onto Yoongi´s desk, and then sat down with arms crossed and a pleased smirk on his face. His second threw him an annoyed glance, then eyed the card with the target´s private number and gave him a thumbs up.

"I already sent him the location of the restaurant Tae suggested", the younger informed.

The elder now abandoned what he was currently doing on the computer and fully turned around to him.

"Good. Now all you need to do is wait. I will think about something with his phone if necessary." Then he shook his head. "Unbelievable how easily he agreed. Just like an excited puppy..."

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah, it was almost too easy... Oh, but! That reminds me. What do we know about his Blessing and Relief?"

Yoongi turned back to his computer and didn´t reply. Hadn´t the younger known better he would´ve said his second was sulking. But noooo! Not Min Yoongi. However, after two minutes he still got no reply. And it dawned him.

"Really? He is a Blessed and he is pure? Nothing else?"

The younger was negatively surprised. It had been several days and his second still couldn´t tell him more? How very unusual and frightening. Because if the informations he needed were that well-guarded there had to be a reason for it. Some big dirty secret or something maybe.

The icey-blue haired man threw his arms in the air and huffed angrily.

"It´s not that I didn´t try! But for now I only can confirm you that our target is pure. And most likely his Blessing is harmless but for now, that´s just an assumption. This ing ! Why can´t I get past the security shields?! I ing hate this task!" After the sudden outburst, he deflated and went back to his usual unimpressed and bored self.

Jungkook stared at his second for a moment. "I know. Me too", he muttered and left the office.

 


Well, at least I don´t need to be that nervous if the target is pure. And hopefully hyung is right if he says he might be harmless. Even though that´s always a question of the point of view. But I can´t do more for now... So I shouldn´t be overly affraid of the meeting, right? Oh, yeah. I need to report to Tae.

Jungkook smiled at the mere thought of writing with the brunette.

From: Jungkook

To: Tae

Subject: project jikook (^^)

 

Message:

The pup got in. I repeat: the pup got in. Pup aggreed to a meeting in exchange for getting it. I received number of pup. Sending location successful. Waiting for further instructions.

Killer bunny over

He purposefully didn´t use the word 'date'. Because for him, it wasn´t one. Not the slightest. After a while, his phone buzzed.

From: Tae

To: Jungkook

Subject: project jikook (^^)

 

Message:

CONGRATULATIOOOONS! Told ya, didn´t I? Tehehe ^^. I mean. Ahem. Good job, killer bunny. Instructions remain the same. Not too late but not overpunctual either. Code: Grand canyon (split the bills and be equal in every regard). Act natural. Stay flexible with the rest. That´s all.

Sparkling tiger over and out

Jungkook silently laughed at the excitement of the older. Then furrowed his eyebrows at the 'act natural' part. Well, sorry but that one won´t be possible, Tae...

 

From: Jungkook

To: Tae

Subject: project jikook (^^)

 

Message:

Code Grand canyon confirmed. Roger to the rest. Salute to your invlovement.

Killer bunny over and out

He pressed 'send'. And almost lost it. As he had written invlovement instead of involvement.

Wa- nononononono. shiiiiiiiiiiit! NO! What have I done?! Does he know now? Okay, calm down... calm down I said, stupid! Maybe he will just take it as a typing mistake. Yeah, he won´t assume anything. I gonna be going out with his best friend after all. That´s right, he won´t notice...yeah. Everything´s gonna be alright, you probably didn´t ruin it... it´s alright. It´s fine. Phew~

Jungkook had no problems imagining Tae grinning at the wrong written word. He clung to the beautiful picture in his head for some more seconds. Several small holes appeared in his 'Blessing bowl'. Slowly getting used to it, he patched them.

Well, at least I don´t pee my pants anymore whenever it starts leaking. But the whole thing is not healthy, that´s for sure...

Not that he would entrust anybody with that delicate piece of information. As long as he could handle it, nobody needed to know. Least his hyungs. Lost in thoughts, the raven-head fumbled around with his phone as he sat on the bed, not sure what to do with himself.

After a while, he once more scrolled up and down his contacts list. And like always, stopped at Tae´s contact. Gnawing on his bottom lip and brows furrowed, he slightly changed the name. To 'Tae <3'. Now it was final. At least for him. He would make sure Tae never found out though. With a slight pang of endearment in his chest, Jungkook stared at the changed contact name. And then he really freaked out.

"HOW AM I EVER SUPPOSED TO GET THIS JOB DONE?!?", he shouted at the wall, ruffling and tugging his hair.

How the hell can I succeed? Like, leaving aside the fact Tae would be incredibly sad if his best friend and flatmate died - and I don´t want him to be sad - and would hate me if he ever found out I was responsible, how am I supposed to stay in my role? I just realized that I love Tae but for my job I need to act as if I loved his best friend only to kill him. How can this mess work out? I am inlove with the  best friend of my current target, my victim.

The man I love even tries to actively get his best friend and me together. What the ing hell shall I do? I mean it´s obvious Taekook will never be a thing but still! This makes everything just so much more complicated. Sh*t! ! That´s why I was against the feeling stuff. GRAAAAH! Whyyyyy~~~

His mental breakdown went on and eventually, Jungkook fell asleep, still having no clue how to solve the huge problem.

 


It had been quite suddenly but as he woke up, Jungkook had a message from the author, setting their meeting for this noon. The blond either had some event gotten canceled out of the blue or was actually that desperate to get his desired Taeyang CD.

Once more going for the lovestruck-innocent-idiot look (big round glasses included, you know which ones I mean), Jungkook sneaked out of his room. He didn´t want to hear date meeting advices from his second or the forger now. That would merely add to his misery. As he crept past the kitchen, he was stopped by the worried voice of the red-head nevertheless. Frozen, hidden behind the wall, he listened.

"But really, I can´t imagine it going well", Hoseok just said. "I mean, he has to act like crushing on his big love´s best friend. That´s like, advanced advanced advanced level. I can´t see this not not working out! Is there nothing we can do?"

Before he could hear a response, Jungkook crept away. And on the whole way to the restaurant he only had one thought: Well, sh*t.

 


It wasn´t difficult to spot the author heading to the restaurant. He was already bouncing up and down and his face lit up as he saw Jungkook - wielder of his soon-to-be album.

"Hi", the blonde greeted with cheery voice. And it was now Jungkook understood why he was best friend with Tae. Their sometimes bubbly personalities matched quite well.

"Have you been waiting long?" He indeed sounded a bit worried. Although the author had always shown the cold shoulder to the younger.

The raven-head shook his head, remembering Tae´s instructions. "Nah, I just arrived. Don´t worry, hyung."

Instantly, the elder relaxed a bit. He then looked up at the bright blue sky.

"Would it be alright with you to sit outside?" He motioned with his head to the almost empty patio infront of the small restaurant. Even though the weather was beautiful most people sat inside as it was a bit cold.

Jungkook eyed the cramped interior of the restaurant. "Fine by me" he shrugged. "It´s too peopley inside for my liking anyway."

The author giggled in high-pitched voice. "Is that even a word?"

"Well, it is now" the younger pouted.

They sat down on a small table and instantly there was a waiter, handing them the menu and placing a vase with a single flower from another table  on theirs. Jungkook almost choked on his saliva and was dangerously close to hissing at the man 'this is NOT a date'.

The author however snickered, clearly enjoying the show as the younger kept staring after the waiter in poorly hidden fury. A faint breeze played with their hair, making the air even chillier. Jungkook shuddered. He got used to it after a while though. And his target didn´t seem to mind at all.

They made some small talk and things went surprisingly well. In his  own opinion, Jungkook managed just fine to act the way he needed to, considering the doubts he´d had. Then he caught the elder glancing to his backpack a few times. He allowed himself the faintest smirk. Had he known what a big fan the author was, he could have saved himself the trouble of running after him like a puppy.

Eventually, they came to the topic of favorites. Favorite colors, weather, meals, music.

"G-Dragon" Jungkook exclaimed passionately. "He is just the most amazing legend ever, you can´t convince me otherwise!"

The author again laughed his high-pitched laugh, eyes almost disappearing, whole body flinging from one side to the other and barely remaining on the chair. And once more the younger half-heartedly pondered whether Tae with his alluring deep voice and the author with a much higher one found each other and were best friends to compensate each other. Like, a deep voice plus a high one equals two normal common voices or something.

"I don´t need to tell you who´s my favorite singer though, right?", the elder just asked, giggling again in slight embarassement.

Amused, Jungkook nodded along.

"But really, you have no idea how much I appreciate you going through the trouble of getting a Taeyang CD for me, on top of it a signed one."

And now the younger made a huge mistake. Because he couldn´t waste the opportunity to show a bit of his cheeky side, playing the lying-through-saying-the-truth card.

"Uhum, you better be" he bragged. "I literally killed to get you this."

The blonde stopped giggling. His eyes went wide in shock and fear and all color drained from his face.

"What? It was just a joke, hyung", the younger tried to save his , internally cursing because something had just went incredibly wrong.

But the author didn´t listen to him. Slowly, he got up, grabbed his bag, backed away and then ran away in zig zag as fast as he could.

Leaving a puzzled Jungkook behind.

What the ing hell did just happen right now?

Confused didn´t even get near how he was feeling that moment. He still stared at the now empty space, not believing his eyes. What had gone wrong? The fake-lie trick had never failed him so far.

At least the annoying cold wind is finally gone...