chapter 9

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

"Wanna make a deal?"

"A deal?", Jungkook echoed the stranger with hoarse voice.

She strolled closer, swaying her hips, the smile of a predator on her face. Unbothered by the weather thanks to a giant red umbrella in her hand. Walking around as if she owned the world. A woman who knew what she wanted.

"Yes, a deal", she confirmed with sweet voice. "I remember seeing you running around everywhere, looking for one of those CDs."

At that, she pulled something out of her bag, something small, flat and rectangular. One of the newest Taeyang tapes. It even had an autograph on its cover. Jungkook gasped, earning him a chuckle of the woman.

"Seems I am right. So as you are quite desperate to get one of those tapes in your fingers, I thought..." she came so close he could smell some heavy expensive parfume on her. "I thought I might be willing to give it to you as I have two of those." She grinned wide enough to show her perfect pearl white teeth. "But only for payment of course. What do you say, sweety?" Her fingers travelled over his jawline, the long nails scraping over his clammy skin.

THROB THROB THROB! And something clicked in the Blessed's head.

Agonizing slowly, Jungkook took a deep breath, always remembering the faint line on his  upper body, the crack inside. And it did cost him, cost him every last ounce of self control to force his lips to quirk up, mirroring the stranger's smirk. To make the show more appealing for her as he was well aware he probably looked like sh*t right now. Gradually, not breaking eye contact, he leaned closer and let their breaths mingle.

"You are a life saver on so many levels", he whispered in the woman's ear with low husky voice, nibbling on her earlobe.

A shiver of anticipation ran through her curvy body as she leaned into the touch, keening.

Gotcha! Jungkook moved his lips along the woman's neck, placing sloppy kisses everywhere, tasting the bitter parfume liquid which almost got him choking. His hands roamed all over the stranger's body until they stopped at her hips, fingers digging deep into soft flesh as he scrambled for something, anything to hold on whilst his vision turned more and more black. And he disliked it, loathed every second of the body contact with that woman. But he had run out of options. It was a do or die thing by now.

So he moved his mouth to her's, all the while subtly dragging her further into the dark alley until they were both swallowed by shadows. And as he was only mere inches away from her hungry red lips, the woman already tip toeing as her patience grew short, he withdrew. Locking eyes with the disgusting woman again. "So you want to bribe me into some dirty fun, yeah? Bad girl." He almost growled the last words. Because he knew she would like it. They were all the same. And indeed the stranger her lips at the tone, eyes glimmering. He didn't need to see very good for noticing it. This time, his smirk wasn't faked. Finally. You´re already dead meat.

Jungkook pulled the woman against him and the next moment their lips met. The kiss wasn't sweet and seductive at all but a wild and fiery clashing of wet flesh. Their movements grew more and more uncoordinated with every second, desparate as the raven-haired clung to dear life. into the stranger's greedy mouth, at her tongue, pulling away for fresh air, reconnecting. And on the inside he recoiled at that, at the saliva, at the stinking parfume, at the foreign body touching his, at the behavior of the woman. But on the outside...

A strong squall suddenly burst out of his body and threw the woman against the nearest wall, her umbrella flying deep into the alley. With an unpleasant sound she collided with the stone but there was no panic in her eyes, not yet. Just confusion. So Jungkook simply closed the gap between them again, the strong wind still leaving him, leaking out of him and holding the woman in place. The target. His prey. He latched onto her, dove deep in her gaping mouth and kept kissing her hard, muffling every traitorous sound. the life out of her.

It wasn't much of a fight as eventually the target abandoned her fear and confusion, falling for the lust and kissed him back with the same intensity until she went limp and slumped to the ground. Jungkook pulled the damned CD from her grasp. He didn't feel triumph about finally holding it in his hands. Just... disgusting! He retched several times, tried to get the dirty spit out of his mouth. Then he left the alley, still emitting a faint breeze. But it didn't matter for once because it was dark and rainy and stormy, nobody would notice. The woman's corpse had already been drenched and gone cold.

 


Jungkook kept humming the whole way back. With light steps, he entered the head quarter. And ran straight into Hoseok.

"Welcome back", the elder greeted enthusiastically. "I take it you were sucessful. And you look much better. How are you feeling?"

"I'm great", the younger replied and meant it. Physically speaking he felt amazing. The pressure in his chest was almost gone, he could see clear again and didn't feel like being ripped in two parts any longer. Besides, the woman's life energy seemed to cope rather well with his Blessing as the fight between the different powers inside him had already been settled without problems. He was no longer on the verge of death but vibrant again. It was great being alive. It was great Tae was still alive. Yeah, he felt good. Mentally speaking though...

Jungkook made a point taking a very long hot bath. He scrubbed every inch of his skin until he was red as a crab. Rubbed off the red lipstick, pulled some long hairs from his wet clothes and threw them in the washing maschine. Then he went to clean his teeth for fifteen minutes straight and put on a big amount of lip balm. Kissing was a rough thing to do.

Wrapped in a fleecy bathrobe he emerged from the bathroom after more than an hour. In his big bunny slippers he made right to his second's bureau, not giving a damn he looked very un-leaderlike right now. Why should he go searching for some papers on his desk if he could annoy his second with asking him for information in person anytime? A devilish grin formed at his lips as he could hear the man in question busily typing on his computer. He was just about to push down the handle as Hoseok called for him and handed him a hot cocoa mug before disappearing again. And maybe it was the redhead's way of protecting the eldest of them as Jungkook blew onto the steaming liquid and decided to make his visit short.

He entered. "Hyung."

"Brat" was the instant response. As always. Jungkook scowled. He didn't like it to be called that but he supposed Yoongi would never stop it no matter how often he told him to.

The elder eventually turned towards him. "Hoseok said the fact you got one of those CDs is rather... impressive."

Jungkook nodded. Silence. So that was everything he got. Being acknowledged by the Min Yoongi indeed was a difficult thing. He waited some more moments but there was nothing more added.

"So", the younger queried after some time, "what can you tell me about the target's Blessing?"

The elder's eyebrows almost met in the middle. "Not much", he admitted. "I went through everything there is but found nothing. I was almost as far as believing he maybe isn't a Blessed before I found a file about him in the department of the Blessed's state recording. Unluckily I couldn't decipher it yet. It seems to be very well protected. So for now the only thing I can tell you is that the target indeed is a Blessed."

Jungkook groaned, pinching his nose bridge. "Really? That's it?"

"Well maybe you could try to sense-"

"Sense what?!", the younger snapped. "It's not like I could see his aura or ask my gut feeling to tell me at least if he is pure or impure. This ain't a stupid fantasy book! I am completely clueless who and what that Park Jimin is until he either tells and shows me or you find anything about it!" With every sentence he grew more rigid. "Oh my god his soul feels black he must be an impure, HOW THE AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL?!" His voice got higher and louder, his hands shook.

Enraged, Jungkook took a big gulp of his cocoa if only to prevent himself from spilling it right into Yoongi's face. With a milk beard he angrily stared down at the elder. The Average. Who would never understand how NOT easy it was to live with a Blessing lest to recognize another one's. This woun't get us anywhere.

"Unless you give me something, any piece of information I'm walking in the dark, maybe even offering myself on a silver plate. So I suggest you tell me as soon as possible what I have to deal with!" At that, Jungkook pointed threateningly at his second, then left as fast as he had come.

"I am surrounded by idiots", he mumbled, sipping his cocoa on the way to his room. Of course he didn't mean it but it wasn't that he overreacted either. After all everything thinkable and unthinkable could be a Blessing of somebody. Some were a mere joke and utterly harmless, some were way more dangerous than his own. And he didn't really feel like dying because of that stupid author, so!

Lying on his bed the screen of Jungkook's phone was lit, indicating he had received a new message. Chunking the last drops of his cocoa down, he checked his mails.

1 new message

From: Taehyung

Subject: project jikook (^^)

 

Message:

Hi, Jungkookie!

How's your day being? Piss-poor weather, eh? And trouble everywhere lol

Have you managed to get it?

 

Hope you have a warm and dry evening,

Tae ^^

"Tae", Jungkook read out loud. He liked the sound of it. "Tae." His lips pulled up into a faint smile at the undercover-like phrasing of the brunette. Oh yeah, it! Concentrated on typing a reply, Jungkook went to get the CD from the entrance hall where he had discarded it earlier. Not even looking up from his phone he pressed the empty mug in Hoseok's hands, grabbed the tape and hit the 'send'-button.

To: Taehyung

Subject: project jikook (^^)

 

Message:

Good evening, hyung.

Yes, I got it. Waiting for further instructions.

Warm and cozy over here.

 

Killer bunny over.

Before he even reached his room again he got a reply.

From: Taehyung

Subject: project jikook (^^)

 

Message:

Understood. Well done, killer bunny \(^^)/

Meet me tomorrow at 9am in the same spot as last time for receiving detailed instructions.

 

Sparkling tiger over.

Jungkook giggled at the name the elder had chosen for himself. Hoseok watched him as if he were another species. He didn't care.

To: Taehyung

Subject: project jikook (^^)

 

Message:

Roger.

Good night, hyung.

 

Killer bunny over and out.

It didn´t take a full minute before his phone vibrated once more.

From: Taehyung

Subject: project jikook (^^)

 

Message:

Good night, sleep well ^^

 

Sparkling tiger over and out.

Before Jungkook got to bed he changed the contact name from Taehyung to Tae. And for once, he slept remarkably well.

 


Three men had gathered around the dead woman's corpse.

"Interesting", one of them murmured. "Let's see what our friend thinks about it."

The others nodded in confirmation. Together, they carried the limp body to their car, put it in the trunk and drove away.

 

 


Hmmm, who might be the three strangers or more important, their 'friend'? Any idea? Let me know your suspections~