chapter 43

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

"Tae, now´s really not the time", Jungkook groaned.

"But I wanna knooow~", the brunet whined on the other end of the line. "Tell me the details, I wanna know what I missed. Pu-leaaase~"

Yoongi gave him a very displeased sideview from the driver´s seat. Jungkook gulped and smiled apologetically. 'Shut him up', his second mouthed at him and the young Blessed could do nothing but nod.

"Listen Tae, you know I love you and all but I won´t have this conversation with you about our first time right now. Period. This really ain´t the right time. Yoongi-hyung is gonna kill me any moment."

He sighed. "So please understand. If you don´t have something important to say now I´ll hang up. We can talk about everything if I´m back, okay?"

"No, wait!", the singer screeched. "At least tell me if I dry-humped you bef-"

Jungkook´s eyes went wide as plates. Tae´s voice had been loud enough to be heard by Yoongi aswell who was now scowling, teeth clenched. A scowling Yoongi wasn´t a good thing. Jungkook already felt the hot blood run to his head - he honestly hadn´t needed his second to hear this too.

"Bye!" Flustered like hell he ended the call, cutting his boyfriend mid-sentence. He slumped back into his seat and ran a hand across his face tiredly.

"I´m sorry", he mumbled, still avoiding eye contact with his hyung. Who remained quiet. Obviously pissed.

It had been more than a week since what they called 'The incident'. Or, if it went after Hoseok, the 'stingy mean attack of bad bad weapony flowers' but of course his idea had been outvoted. Jungkook and Yoongi had been busy trying to find out how much the "Thorned dustwind" knew about their five member´s absence, Hoseok helping to lay false traces. So far everything seemed alright that´s why now they were focusing again on the people chasing after Jimin (thanks to Jungkook´s not-amused former client). His second had said maybe he´d found something but he needed confirmation so here they both were, driving to the outer-skirts of the town, towards the old industrial area.

The elder parked in the shadow of an abandoned looming factory building and out they got. 

On silent feet they made to the centre of the long-unused halls and factories, giving signals to each other where to split up, where to go. The gravel beneath their feet taking away from their stealthiness as tiny stones scrunched beneath their feet no matter how light they stepped.

They combed through streets and complexes of tall and gray concrete houses but found nobody except for a bunch of teens smoking weed and looking quite upset as they´ve been found red-handed, sweet smoke hanging heavy in the air. And affraid, at the sight of two grown-up men, one with a weapon in his hand, clad in all-black because spying missions required badass black clothing no matter what.

Jungkook caught one of those dudes slurring "More of those black guys... fam needs to find their colors again I swear... colors, maaan... life ain´t nothing with no color..." And so on. He didn´t think deeper to it, maybe some emo kids had passed earlier and were now sitting in another corner lamenting about life and death and Jesus or whatever. So he just gave the boy who was still going on about being blue and yellow and needing more pink in his life a bland look before he turned away, following his hyung.

As they hadn´t been sucessful with their search for one of the author´s pursuers so far Yoongi had decided to check his laptop again. Just to be sure. That´s how they both found themselves perched against a crumbling wall, one typing around furiously and the other turning his head ever-so-often in search for traitorous movement. The silence only cut by the typing sound and...

A loud vibrate from Jungkook´s pocket. He shuddered and yelped at the sensation and his hand was shaken uncomfortably as he retreived his phone and unlocked it.

"Honestly Tae, I understand you are bored but can´t you at least-"

"You need to get away there asap!"

Jungkook furrowed his brows. "What? Why?"

In the background he heard Hoseok yell something,  there were hectic rustle and distinct noises. It all didn´t make sense. Yoongi looked up to him in confusion too. So Jungkook tried anew. "Babe, what´s wrong? I don´t understand..."

"RUN!"

And something in the brunet´s voice made Jungkook´s legs move before he could even process the word yelled at him through the phone. Like on auto-pilot he dragged his second up and with him, still not sure what was going on but slowly growing nervous. That was when the first bullet whistled past them.

Jungkook didn´t dare turn around, just ran in earnest now. Behind him Yoongi was cursing as he stumbled after him. Another bullet hit the pavement. Much closer this time. Jungkook ran faster.

They hurried around a corner, almost slipping and falling down. Their feet hammered over the loud gravel. Another turn. Two bullets, this time on their left. One on their right. Whoever was after them was not alone.

A few metres further a broad ditch cut into the soil. They jumped over it, landing harshly but scrambling up, ignoring the pain. From the corner of his eyes Jungkook saw Yoongi throwing something behind them. His laptop. Useful over so many years, now a dangerous burden slowing them down. It crashed onto the hard ground; not into thousand pieces but a black cloud of thick smoke and sparks. Whatever Yoongi had done with his laptop - it bought them valuable seconds.

They rounded another few buildings, running blindly just away, away, away! Stormed into some hall and blocked the door. Went farther up. Out and over a small bridge connecting the building with a tower. Up the stairs until they were on a platform, laying down and scurrying to the rim with back turned to each other. Scanning the area beneath them.

"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t", Yoongi cursed under his breath.

Jungkook nudged him with a foot to be quiet. Still, he aggreed.

Sh*t!

Because what they saw beneath was everything but reassuring.

"How many?"

Jungkook squinted his eyes. "Three. You?"

"...Five."

Well . Eight, maybe more. Eight people clad in black moved around on the ground, some running with heavy weapony in their hands, some limping and being covered in ash, some creeping from building to building. And some of them were getting close. For once Jungkook wished his hyung would´ve clung to Jenny and brought the rifle with him instead of the laptop. Because now all they had was his very own pistol. And it was definitely not enough to get them both out here. He felt panic bubble up in his body.

"Hyung..."

"I know. Sh*t, I know, brat! Don´t say it out loud."

Jungkook gulped. He didn´t even know what it was he had wanted to say but whatever Yoongi had assumed to sound so desperate made him loose confidence even more. I think this is a good time to start believing in good. Maybe I should pray in earnest now. Dear lord, please send a wonder to save our sorry a**es. Please don´t be bothered by my cursing just now. If you don´t want to save both of us then at least make sure to save my hyung and look over Tae. Just. Please.

"Brat? Whatcha doing?"

"Praying."

His second snorted.

"Damn it hyung, be quiet! We don´t know if there are Blessed down there, maybe one can hear like a lynx or something."

"..."

"So... any ideas, hyung?"

Jungkook more felt than heard the rustle as Yoongi shifted around next to him. 

"Well, I still have two small grenades in my pockets and some chili sauce..."

The younger shook his head and rubbed his face, sighing. "Do I even want to know why you carry that stuff around?"

"Probably not."

Their hushed conversation was interrupted by Jungkook´s phone vibrating once more. He blanched. Apparently he hadn´t been kidding about the lynx Blessed. And his phone was not exactly quiet. As it kept vibrating Yoongi kicked him in the leg. Slowly he got it out and accepted the call.

"Where. Are you", Hoseok demanded to know, voice sharp. Aggressive.

Jungkook turned around and mouthed the question to his hyung. 'Where are we?' Yoongi shrugged. He wasn´t good with directions anyway. With his stomach churning uncomfortably the youngest looked around.

"At some kind of tower. It´s squarish and has some kind of platform at - dunno, twenty, thirty? - metres height where we are hiding right now. We were roughly moving south-east... I think. I can see twin smokestacks with red stripes not far away. There seems to be a very large hall to our left. We also crossed a ditch and--- wait, can´t you actually track us?!"

"I´m not Yoongi-hyung, I don´t know sh*t about how this stuff works", the forger snapped. "So you better keep ing going. What else do you see?"

It was good to concentrate on a task he could fulfill. So Jungkook kept talking. About where the sun was standing, how many streets parted them from the twin smokestacks, how many people they could count on pursue. He heard the red-head driving around furiously, gravel splaying around beneath the wheels. And he imagined seeing a small spot in the distance coming closer and rushing towards them. It was only after a seemingly hard bump that Jungkook heard somebody else curse. And a whole new kind of distress added to the misery he was in.

"Sh*t hyung, was that Tae?!? You can´t be serious", he whisper-shouted, horrified. "Get him the hell out of here!!!"

But Hoseok just hang up on him.

Jungkook stared in disbelief on his now silent phone. "!" He slammed a fist on the concrete floor, gritting his teeth. Laid his forehead on the cold, unforgiving stone, nails scratching about the hard surface. How could you, hyung? Why the friggin' hell did you bring Tae with you? What are you doing? Maybe today was the day he would go insane.

"Kid", Yoongi reprimanded him. "You need to stay cool. Don´t let yourself be distracted."

The raven-head snarled. "How am I supposed to ing stay cool, huh?!"

The answer he got was simple. Brutal. "You need to."

And Jungkook cursed again because he knew his hyung was right. But he was also very human and hadn´t a clue how he should manage to calm down in this situation. They were all caught at a dead end. For once he had no idea what to do, not even a bad one. None. They were trapped. Because just then he´d spotted a sickenly familiar figure with blonde hair held into a firm ponytail, holding two ridicculously large daggers in her hands. It was without a doubt the woman from the "Thorned dustwind". The one who´d found Yoongi and dragged him out of his hiding place. The one supposed to be dead.

Jungkook gulped as he kept watching her. The way she moved confidently, shouting orders to the others and twirling one of the daggers impatiently it was clear she was on a hunt. Hunting them. She wouldn´t stop until she´d reached her goal.

Only a couple of minutes had passed and Jungkook was sending a second prayer to heaven. But this time he prayed Hoseok wouldn´t find them in time. Because when that woman found Yoongi and him, when she took her revenge on them then he wanted the forger and - most importantly - Taehyung to be as far away as possible.

"Hyung." His voice was firm, unwavering. "We are going to die with our heads held high."

 

 


Gotcha! You forgot, didn´t you? That I never explicitly wrote the dagger woman was dead too. Well she is not. And now sh*t is going to go down... 

Please don´t hate me.

 

 

...Thoughts? Comments?