chapter 13

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

"Come in", a familiar voice answered Jungkook´s knock.

He pushed the door open and was greeted by the warm smile of the civil servant responsible for him. After he had successfully failed to get an appointment at the first try this month, he had had no problems at the second try. Seems they were finally done with restructuring in the department.

Not that he had been keen on getting this appointment - the raven haired had always disliked giving reports and putting himself under surveillance but what was the option? Losing the money coming from the government (he cared least about that part), getting branded an illegal Blessed and being chased for not letting himself be controlled and facing the wrath of Min Yoongi for getting all the paperwork connected to do? No thanks.

So Jungkook gulped down his distaste and entered the sterile bureau. Padding to the other man like a dog following his owner.

"Uhm, good afternoon."

"Sit down, please" the pink haired man demanded friendly but firm.

Jungkook did as he was told.

The elder then sat down himself again and started looking through his files. "Sooo... what do you have for me? How often did you use your Blessing last month? What about the powers coping? Any irregularities?"

Jungkook stared at his hands in the lap. Why do I need to talk about how many people I made out with? How many people´s life I took the previous month? And what is even wrong with society for strangers to randomly ask me how the murdering was going, without flinching? This is weird and sick.

"Thrice" he answered blantly. "The coping went well the first and third time, the second time it was... challenging."

The elder nodded along, scribbling something down. "And could you figure out the rules of how smooth the coping goes, could you draw some connections, find similarities?"

Relucantly, the Blessed shook his head. It not to be able to figure his body out - or better, the foreign thing occupying his body.

"Aish, I see, I see" Seokjin waved his hand. "But what about uncommon events? Did something happen?"

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. "Why do you keep asking, hyung?", he asked with threateningly lowered voice.

The other burst in an uncomfortable high pitched laugh, forcefully shaking his broad shoulders. "It´s nothing, I was just curious. You gave me the vibe of dramatic changes. I am good at receiving jibes by now, you know?"

"Jibes?" the younger raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, yes. You know, Jungkook vibes. Jibes, you got it? Ha, hahaha, jibes...," He gave one of his strange squeaky laughs, then glowered at Jungkook who had remained silent.

"Okay, you are allowed to laugh now."

Jungkook kept his mouth shut.

As did Seokjin then. Just like Hoseok before, he waited. And it worked because after some time the younger asked.

"What happens with my Blessing if I die?"

The pink haired man tilted his head. "That, I cannot answer with certainity. Why do you ask?"

Screw it, Jungkook thought. I don´t need to mention names.

"Well, uh... the third time I used my Blessing it was not intentional. I hadn´t used it for a long time and I... I thought that, you know... for a moment I thought that´s it. And I was affra- I wondered what happens if I die. What my Blessing would do. To... to others."

Seokjin smirked knowingly. "You were affraid? For others? Certain others?"

"I wasn´t affraid!", the younger protested.

But the elder ignored it. "Certain others~", he sang again.

Gritting his teeth and avoiding the other´s eyes, Jungkook slowly nodded in confirmation.

"Wah, how interesting" the pink haired man clapped his hands enthusiastically. "Tell me more about the 'others'."

And Jungkook did. At first hesitant but as he had begun talking it felt like the weight from his chest got slowly taken away.

It felt good to tell everything to somebody. To anybody who didn´t really know him. And wouldn´t judge him. He didn´t know why he was so sure about the last part though. Seokjin sat behind his table and listened to him like some kind of therapist, interrupting him to ask something once in a while.

As Jungkook had told everything there was to tell without making himself seem too weak - too vulnerable - and silence fell once again, Seokjin stared into the distance, contemplating the given informations, assessing, weighing them. And came to a conclusion.

"My dearest Jungkook, I hereby declare you for inlove with the 'other'. Congratulations!" he stated in triumph.

Jungkook´s jaw dropped past the floor. Earning him a windshield-like laughter from the other, and this time it was genuine.

"Wait, what?! No no no no no! Didn´t you even listen? I am mad at Tae because he is making me like this!"

"Aw, Tae is it? How cuuute~", the elder cooed.

"Not the point, hyung!"

"Yeah, whatever. But he makes you feel, he changes you and if that aint true love then I don´t know what is."

"But I am not inlove with him!!!"

Seokjin gave him the I-am-the-hyung-I-know-better look. "Yah, Jungkook! Can´t you listen to me once?! I am an expert in coupling matters, I know the signs. Because I am handsome. You know those things if you are worldwide handsome. And if the way you talk wouldn´t give you away then the spark in your eyes would. I have sharp eyes, you know? So don´t call me a liar", he complained.

"But you are wrong!" Jungkook shouted and stormed off the room. Ignoring the bright amused smile of the elder.

I don´t love Tae! That can´t be the answer. I-I don´t feel this way. But the words were already stuck in his mind.

I am not inlove...

Am I?

 


Hey guys ^^

Sorry for the short chapter. But there is vkook in sight. I am finally getting started...

Have a nice day.