chapter 22

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Jungkook was early this day. After a much needed shower he had hurried to today´s workshop lessons and arrived before Tae. Thirty minutes before the whole thing began.

So here he sat, bored out of his mind and with no idea what to do, waiting for the brunet to arrive. And partly wishing he wouldn´t come soon. Because he wasn´t sure if he could look the older in the eye today after the previous night. Not without blushing madly and growing a . Jungkook tried calming down himself in advance with deep breathing (if that was even a thing) as the bragging of an other participant caught his interest. He listened closer.

"Yeah, she was really sweet. All shy and adorable and a real eye candy, nice voice and polite and everything. Totally my type. We even have the same music taste!"

"Wow, sounds great, dude" an other man complimented stranger number one. "So? Did you ask her out again?"

Stranger number one snarled. "Nah! Everything was nice and dandy but you know what freaked me out in the end?"

"What? C´mon, tell meee~"

"Turned out she was a ing wind machine. I can´t stand those pieces of sh*t, acting all high and mighty as if they were gods, snatching our money away and making our life a living hell. Ugh! No thank you. I will never date a Blessed, not in a thousand years. Bet the sweet attitude was only played too..."

"Dang, maaan... I feel you. Yeah, those wind machines ..."

Jungkook was frozen.

Oh my god, what do I do if Tae doesn´t like Blessed too? I mean, in best case he´ll never find out I am one but what if he does? He needn´t even know what is my Blessing to despise me, just the fact that I have one would be enough to make him dislike me. There are many people who don´t like Blessed and the way Tae spoke at the restaurant it wouldn´t surprise me if he was one of them. Sh*t, what am I gonna do? He mustn´t find out under any circumstances.

Then the raven-head´s thoughts took another direction. Calculating again. Because if Tae did have issues with Blessed it was much likely he didn´t know his best friend was one. So maybe Jungkook could use the information to press the author if necessary. But only if he had proof it was true...

He was stopped in his pondering as Tae burst in the room, ran to the younger with big smile and hugged him.

"Kookie! Look outside, isn´t the weather just great? Let´s get out later and enjoy the sun, yeah?", he chirped happily.

"Errr... well okay, yeah..." He hastily looked down.

"Great!" The brunet bumped their heads together. "Waaah, can´t wait for lunch break to go out already~"

Jungkook listened to his joyful chatter silently, sneaking a peek from time to time to Tae´s lips. He would not take photos of him today again or he would be so dead by the end of the week...

"...So? What do you think?" 

Jungkook spluttered. "What?" Damn, he had not the slightest idea what topic it was right now. Because maybe, just maybe it hadn´t been sneak peeks only. Had he been staring at the other´s mouth, too engrossed by it to mind for anything else? Probably. Uh, okay, well, yes.

His was saved by the professor walking in, checking the attendant´s list and starting the lesson. 

Jungkook tried to stay focussed, he did with all his might, really! However, it didn´t take two hours and he was back to daydreaming and pondering. Luckily, he hadn´t embarassed himself infront of Tae so far. Tae... His too-emotional-for-his-own-good side kicked in as he studied the other´s profile.

Why am I so affraid of losing you when you aren´t even mine?

 


"Finally! I thought you´d never come out" was defenitely not the greeting Jungkook expected as he stepped out of the building together with Tae. No, he expected no greeting whatsoever. But here he sat, Hoseok in person, bouncing up and down and throwing the both of them a sunshine smile. 

"Hyung, what are you doing here?", the maknae found his ability to speak again.

The red-head clutched his chest and threw his head back dramatically. "Ah, I am not even allowed to visit my cute dongsaeng anymore... What a cruel world..."

"I-I didn´t say that---", Jungkook tried to defend himself but Tae was faster.

"I´m happy you are here, Hopie-hyung." Now they both smiled at each other and everything was okay again. 

"Aw, I´m happy to see you too, Tae-Tae... you are so sweet~ not as grumpy as Jungkook."

The brunet giggled shyly and off they went, searching for a good spot to watch clouds together, Jungkook long since forgotten. Dreading, he followed them.

Am I already losing you?

His fear turned out to be wrong as they both included him in their random chit-chat, sharing food (Jungkook got fed by Tae and if that didn´t make his day he wouldn´t know what else) and dancing around funnily. The brunet had gotten out a box and soon all three of them were up, baltering around without a care. It was a ridiculous sight but Jungkook didn´t mind as long as Tae had fun and he himself wasn´t excluded.

After five minutes they plummeted to the grass exhausted, and started a cloud picture recognizing contest. A look at the clock told Jungkook too soon the break was over. Groaning, he got up and went towards the building, waiting for Tae to join him. But the latter was gripped by his wrist and pulled down again from the forger. Shrugging, Jungkook proceeded to the building. Whatever Hoseok wanted to talk about, it was evident he shouldn´t listen.

Indeed he shouldn´t. Because now Hoseok ushered the confused singer to lean in closer as he was about to get into Jungkook´s personal space.

"I don´t know when we will see each other again so I´ll tell you a secret now", he whispered into Tae´s ear. "Jungkook likes you. Like, really really much if you get what I mean. But he would never admit it."

The brunet pulled back with a sceptical expression. "I trust you as a person hyung, but I can´t believe you that." He turned his head in the direction where the maknae had disappeared and fumbled at his shirt. "I mean, what about Jiminie-hyung? He loves him already, doesn´t he?" There was something like sadness and longing in his eyes before his expression grew unreadable again.

Hoseok lost a deep sigh. "Ow, my hearteu... This whole situation isn´t good for my hearteu. My hearteu is oh my god..."

 


"What did you talk about?", Jungkook asked as soon as his beloved hyung returned.

Tae avoided his stare. "Nothing", he mumbled.

Jungkook just nodded. He´d already thought so. As he was in no position to dig further, he could only let it be like that. It was Tae´s decision whether to tell him or not and he had to respect it. So for the rest of the workshop lessons they didn´t talk.

Jungkook was busy taking notes what the prof explained while he was even more busy patching himself together and closing the holes in his bowl-pan-thing. Since the relaxing and funny lunch break he felt like a swiss cheese - full of holes. If he wouldnt´ve been so busy reparing them he might´ve been very alarmed by the sheer number. But he was too occupied with the freaking-out matter to apparently freak out.

So he didn´t catch the contemplating gazes from Tae either.

 


Dinner with Jimin had become part of the daily workshop routine by now. This time neither were both Jungkook and Jimin surprised they saw each other, nor were they angry or unhappy about it. In fact, they didn´t mind at all. Which didn´t go unnoticed by Tae who cheered loudly. Yes, the three of them were... quite comfy with each other it seemed. 

"Okay but why do you wear something two people of your size fit in?", Jungkook asked while chewing, pointing his fork at the author´s oversized sweater.

"So I can smack annoying brats with my sleeves." Jimin grinned cheekily. 

The younger huffed at that. "You wouldn´t dare smacking me."

"Oh?", the author raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah", Jungkook confirmed and mockingly showed off his muscles.

Jimin smiled weakly. "Oh please, as if I´m not trained at all." And he lifted his fluffy sweater to reveal toned abs for a second.

The maknae gaped. "Wha- how come--- but whyyy? How- I don´t--- I don´t get it..."

While Jimin just snickered, Tae took some sympathy and explained it. "Well Kookie, didn´t you know Jiminie-hyung tends to work out like a madman from time to time? You just often don´t see it because of his clothes but there is a thoughness hidden beneath the squishy surface. Better not unerestimate my friend~"

"I see..." Jungkook and the blonde exchanged a strange glance. Indeed he had learned not to underestimate him again. 

Then Jimin giggled again. "To be honest I like this side of you much more than  the super shy one. You seem more relaxed and natural around me now."

Jungkook gulped. Had he fallen out of his role so much? Sh*t!

The food arrived and there was a short silence before Tae got back to business again. "Tell me guys, what have you been dreaming last night?"

The youngest flushed a deep shade of red.

You, you, you and you... Tae.

But he forced himself to gaze at Jimin instead as he mumbled "Dunno".

Tae slumped down but brightened up again immediately. "Well, that´s unfortunate but luckily I remember enough for the both of us."

He grinned at Jungkook who automatically smiled a little bit back. Then he went on. "I´ve been dreaming going to Hogwarts! Everything was fantastic, I made friends in the Hogwarts express already, McGonnagal didn´t smack me as I chased a magic butterfly and Dumbledore was nice. However, then the sorting ceremony started and I´ve been incredibly nervous because what if I get sorted to Slytherin? Also, I´ve made may tests online and always ended up either Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. So of course I wanted to get in one of those. But then it was my turn and the sorting head was just about to shout "Slytheriiiiiiiiiin" so I got desperate and started to argue. The sorting head got really mad as I tried to convince him with my online test results. He got so mad he even made up a whole new house for me so I would always be alone in the big hall..."

The wild gestures ended all of a sudden and the brunet continued to silently munch his food in sadness. 

Jungkook didn´t like seeing Tae sad at all. So he didn´t think twice as he grabbed the latters hand and made him look up to him. "I would always join you, hyung", he said with dead-serious tone.

"R-Really?"

"Really. I promise." And he meant it.

Tae gave him a sweet smile, melting his heart away before the brunet threw himself in a ramble about rabbits on the moon. Jungkook was just glad he wasn´t sad anymore. Seeing his beloved hyung being sad was hurting.

The rest of their dinner was a blur as Jungkook tried his best to stay sane. Yes, he was on edge thanks to his damned Blessing but they didn´t need to know. Nobody did. However, the moment Tae left for the bathroom his head fell on the table with a thud. Jungkook was knocked out.

 


I don´t understand you. What are you up to?

Jimin pondered as he watched the sleeping (he was just sleeping, right?) Jungkook. Because indeed he had noticed how different his behavior was towards his best friend. How he flushed a lot because of Tae, how he looked at him, how he stared at him, how he talked to him. It was so strange. Sure, the youngest had been acting madly inlove to Jimin too but that was the exact point - it felt like an act. It was different. While his reactions to the brunet felt... genuine. Not forced.

As if he wants to look like he loves me while he really loves Taehyungie. But why? Why would you do this? Did you loose a bet or something?

But then there was the other matter at hand. Jungkook had killed to get him a Taeyang CD. And it didn´t seem to bother him. What did that make him? A killer?

Would a killer behave like a highschooler with a big fat crush on my friend though?

"Who are you really?" Jimin mumbled and poked into the sleeping Jungkook´s cheek.

"............ Taeee~", the latter murmured, then he was silent again.

Which one is the real you?

Jimin´s pondering was interrupted as his phone buzzed. 

From: government-guy

Subject: the usual

 

Message:

Good evening, Mr. Park.

It has been a while, we just wanted to make sure if you are alright or maybe have to report anything/anybody to us. Your safety is very important to us so if there is something the matter please tell us. We are incredibly thankful for your cooperation with us and wish you only the best.

Yours sincerely

W.

P.S.: Of course we will take care of the problem you have publishing your book. Our experts are already on it.

Anybody, huh?

Jimin looked at the oblivious Jungkook. A murderer. A murderer who had most likely a crush on his best friend. But he didn´t know the whole story, didn´t know about the circumstances. So who was he to judge? He might make a big mistake reporting the younger. And what was just as bad: he could upset Taehyungie. Because there was no doubt how much the brunet liked  Jungkook. So if he was sent to prison for the rest of his life thanks to Jimin, Taehyung would never forgive him. Even if it would´ve been the right thing to do.

Aish, why can´t it just be a black-or-white decision?

To: government-guy

Sobject: the usual

 

Message:

Dear Mr. W.,

To be honest I am not sure yet. I met a person who seems to have a secret but so far it is just my gut feeling. I´d like to investigate more before giving you a clear answer as I don´t want to accuse somebody at fault. As far as I can tell I am not in imminent danger. Thank you very much for your patience. And for helping me.

Yours sincerely

Park Jimin

He barely hit the 'send'-button as Taehyung returned from the toilet. Jimin hastily kicked Jungkook awake under the table.

"Mmmh... Tae~", Jungkook slurred again and slowly popped open an eye.

"Yeah? What´s the matter?", the brunet asked, just having arrived but heard his name. 

Now the maknae was awake. He blinked rapidly, trying to process the situation and frantically looking around. "I, uh, I--- nothing", he stuttered, looking everywhere but at Taehyung.

Who was a bit confused, to say the least. "O...kay?"

But Jungkook had already turned to Jimin. "What happened? What did I do? Did I sleep? Did I say something? What did I say?", he hissed at the elder.

Wow, this is amusing.

"Yes to both." He smirked.

"So what did I say?!" the younger sounded quite desparate. Taehyung just stood there, still confused.

"You said my name", Jimin lied, giggling.

Let´s see where this goes...

Jungkook remained silent.

"And", the author added "you said Taehyungie´s name. Twice."

Jungkook spluttered and went dark red.

Well, that confirms it.

As they parted ways not much later and wished each other a good night, he still seemed quite flustered and embarassed. Jimin couldn´t help himself and gave him a soft, assuring smile. Why, he didn´t really know.

 


Of course Jungkook dreamed about Tae. How could he possibly not?

But this time it wasn´t a nice dream. It was a nightmare. A nightmare where Tae stared down on him coldly and in hatred, dark storm clouds rumbling above them. Without saying a single word he turned around and walked away, not looking back once. The storm broke loose.

Tae hadn´t needed to say anything - Jungkook knew it all.