chapter 3

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Jungkook entered his second's bureau without bothering to knock.

„So, what do we know? “

Yoongi wordlessly handed him the files, all the information gathered about that Park Jimin so far – photos, data about his physics, whereabouts, family and work, habits, preferred places in town and whatnot. The younger took them and flipped through the pages, read everything and took some time to view the pictures. After fifteen minutes he gave it back to the elder, everything memorized. He never risked to take the results and proofs of their research – one might call it stalking too – out of the headquarter. You never knew what could happen and who could get hold of them. Yoongi put the sheets in the printer and printed pictures, patterns and different text above the original texts before accurately shredding the paper to tiny pieces and burning them. He surely lived the motto ‘there is no such thing as being over-cautious’. As he was done, he turned back to the black-haired.

“Having something in mind already?”

Jungkook hummed in agreement. “I contemplated attending a certain lecture about a just recently published book called ‘Love yourself or go to hell’, you know.”

“I thought so. That's why I took the liberty to buy you said book. Enjoy the reading.” The smaller smirked evilly and Jungkook didn't even try to suppress his annoyed groan. No, he wasn't keen of reading. It was boring. But if he wanted to get close to his target it seemed to be inevitable to read at least one of his works. Without a further comment he left the bureau as the rare sight of him holding a book. And of course it didn't go unnoticed. He glared at everybody staring at him as he made his way back to his room. Not motivated at all Jungkook threw himself on the couch and began reading.

 


Well, there are worse books to read, the raven-haired man hesitantly admitted to himself. He didn't want to say per se that he had fun reading. It was just… interesting. Maybe a little bit entertaining. The book was a collection of short stories based on true incidents, showing different facets of belittling and underestimating oneself. Not that Jungkook could relate in any possible way. Maybe he could get at his target that way, saying he was curious about this topic as he never made such an experience but recently met somebody with similar issues and wanted to understand what was going on. But wait, this was no medical study-something book, it was still written in stories. Then maybe going the good old ‘a friend recommended this to me and I kinda liked it so here I am’-way. Yeah, that was more like it.

One look at his watch reminded Jungkook to get himself ready. He went for the cute and innocent yet y look: ripped jeans to his favorite Timberlands, pastel colored button up above a white tee and round glasses. Fitting for a downtown lecture and giving no reason to assume he was a serial killer. Content with his looks and background knowledge about mostly everything regarding his target, the young man went off to meet his next victim.

 


Jungkook raised his hand as if he was back to school again. "Is it correct that all stories in that book are based on true incidents?"

The author eyed him in slight amusement. They sat in an old small book shop on pillows, light dimmed and had listened to the target reading his latest publication. Jungkook had to say he hadn't expected the author's voice would be that unusually high. The fact had gone straight to all the other informations he had saved in his mind. Just like the amusement his target looked at him with. Surely assuming Jungkook to be naive and unknowing of the darkness life could hold. Well, the younger would roll with it and make sure to play it to his advantage.

"Yes, that's right", the elder confirmed, earning him a few acknowledging hums and gasps from the audience. "You have my word all happenings I wrote there had been exactly as how I wrote them. I merely changed the names of the characters."

Though that didn't make much a difference and one could easily guess some rather famous people in the stories. Or else Jungkook wouldn't be here now, working on his new killing order as his client feared to be recognized in the next book. All these thoughts were like a background programm running as everybody else only saw the interest and admiration he faked.

"Wooow, that's impressive, author-nim. Did you witness everything on your own so you can give me your word?"

And he didn't miss how the elder slightly tensed at the question but tried to hide it with a chuckle. If he wouldn't pay attention at details exactly like that Jungkook would have missed the nervousness contained in the sound.

"Are you by any means from the press, Sir?"

Jungkook didn't even have to fake his grin at that ridiculous idea. He shook his head softly. "Nah, I'm just curious."

"I see", the other answered clipped, tension not leaving. Oh, he is a cautious person. And actually seems to be aware of the danger he's living in. Jungkook smirked. This would be rather interesting. A little challenge once in a while wasn't too bad. Other people now started to ask questions, congratulate or get an autograph and one after another they left. Until only the owner of the shop, the author and Jungkook were left. The latter put his shy-but-so-interested-he-overcame-his-uneasiness-mask on and approached the author.

"Uhm... this might be a little too forward but in my opinion your books and your writing style are very interesting, actually fascinating, just as the stories behind and uh, you yourself - on a p-professional basis of course so... can I get to know you better?", he sputtered, just like a teen in front of his secret crush.

The target fidgeted around, obviously feeling uncomfortable. "I don't think that's possible right now. I am very busy writing on a new book and have barely any spare time left. I am sorry", he muttered.

He is polite enough not to reject me in general but just for now, assuming I will lose interest if time goes by. The book he is working on is the one with something written about my client and it shall not be published. Jungkook stared at him for a couple seconds. He rejects me because I am not his type. Well, I don't care.

Lowering his head as if in disappointment and defeat the younger bid his farewells and best wishes and left. From the corner of his eye he could see the author relaxing, thinking his eager fan had given up already. Little did he know the exact opposite was the case.

I won't let you breathe freely, hyung.

 


The author's shoulders fell as Jungkook entered the book shop. The raven-head grinned internally.

The last days had been quite a rallye for him as he kept going wherever the author was - signing events, literature cafés, writer's clubs... wherever. Today it was another lecture. Jungkook spotted a free place in the first row and oh-so-eagerly dove for it. During and after the author reading from his own book the younger didn't say anything. He just sat there, hanging on the elder's lips and absorbing every word coming from his mouth. Or so it would seem. In reality Jungkook was busy making plans about his next steps, refining, overthinking and abandoning them. Not that he was in a big hurry. There was plenty of time left for him to get his target to let him kiss him literally to death. However, Jimin wasn't unaffected by the younger's presence at all. Again and again the author would glance over to him and push his hair back out of nervosity. All the while Jungkook was staring at him without blinking once. He could play this game for hours.

He did. Reading time was over two hours later and the others left while Jungkook stayed behind, as always these days the last one to go. And he could practically see his target's defence crackling as this time it was the older who came to him and not the other way around.

"You will keep this up for forever, won't you", the author huffed in annoyance.

Jungkook didn't answer, only looked down with widened eyes as if being caught in a forbidden act. He didn't have to say anything as they both knew it was true.

No longer waiting for a response the smaller snatched a sheet of paper out of his bag, wrote down an address, date and time and handed it to Jungkook.

"Here. Get to know me better then and if you are done please give me some peace. It is an 'I shouldn't be here' party so dress up accordingly. Also, I will bring a friend so don't think you can do anything inappropriate", the author deadpanned and went off.

Jungkook almost, almost would have shown a dark evil smile. Now this was a development. Finally they were getting somewhere. And about that friend... he would make sure said friend wouldn't be an obstacle. How difficult could it be to snatch a kiss at a party?