chapter 48

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Taehyung gasped, as the words finally settled in.

Under arrest.

Slowly he turned to the younger with wide eyes. Jungkook, however, was faster in reaction. For he was not surprised another fear of his came true. Would've been too easy if not. While the brunet was still trying to grasp the situation Jungkook pulled his hand away and placed his palms on his boyfriend's back, gently. The barrel still pressing against his head he leaned in slowly until his lips were against Taehyung's ear.

"Go", he whispered.

And then pushed Taehyung away, away from him and out of the circle made of policemen.

The brunet stumbled and fell on all fours as the policemen let him pass, closing the gap as soon as he was out. Jungkook watched how he got up and turned around, confusion, hurt and panic flashing across the singer's face. His chest tightened. He locked eyes with Taehyung, maybe for the last time, tried to take in everything swimming in there. Those remarkable eyes which he loved so much. But the guy who pressed a gun against his head didn't give him more time, didn't leave him the chance to get lost in the silver-lined orbs as he pulled at the chackles roughly. Jungkook jerked backwards, breaking the eye contact with Taehyung. 

On some sign Jungkook didn't catch two other policemen stepped forward, took one of his arms each and forced him on his knees. Strong hands wrapped around his neck, tightening, pressing against his air pipe, pressing, choking him - no, no hands. A... collar? Cold and so tight it was painful and-

Jungkook's whole body jerked and he yelped at sudden pain shooting through him. Like a shock. There was a sizzling scratching on his neck. Instinctively he clawed at the collar, tried to take it off, to make the pain stop!

Another impulse had him falling to the ground. It lasted longer this time and the uncomfortable tingle on his neck remained. A hand pulled up his head by the hair. Tears shot into Jungkook's eyes.

"How do you like that, huh?", the man snarled in his ear, a third impulse making Jungkook thrash against the hold. 

"Get comfy, monster. This nice little thing won't come off soon."

And then he was pulled onto his feet and shoved away. 

At some rustling in the back Jungkook turned his head. Just to see Taehyung struggling to get back in the ring, to him. 

"Get your hands off my man you bastards", the brunet yelled, pushing against the policemen keeping him out. Oh, he certainly was livid. For a moment Jungkook allowed himself to admire his fiery boyfriend who was kicking and throwing hands to get to him. Astonishing fury. Then he saw a small movement and he sobered up. A taser.

"No. No Tae, leave it, get away from here! Just go already!"

But Taehyung didn't even think of listening to him, not even as he was manhandled, taser inching closer. "THE I WILL, YOU BETTER BE ALRIGHT WHEN I COME FOR YOU JEON ING JUNGKOOK YOU HEAR ME?!" Angry tears glistening at his beautiful face.

"Tae, please..."

The singer was still struggling as one of the policemen kneed him in the stomach. Hard. All air whooshed out and he doubled over groaning. Jungkook watched horrified as Taehyung glared up, actually hissing before he crashed his head up against the policeman's chin. The following slap in the brunet's face echoed in Jungkook's head, in his heart, setting itself on repeat. And Jungkook didn't have it any longer.

Ignoring the collar's scratch he barrelled into one of the men closest to him, send him to the ground. Hands immobilized behind his back he brought up a leg and kicked another policeman right in the balls. Moves uncoordinated without using his arms he spun around and stumbled towards the pile of raging Tae and policemen. He never made it. A fourth shock had him on the ground once again. He couldn't surpress a hoarse cry this time. Immediately Taehyung's shouts and struggles grew stronger and Jungkook found himself answering.

", LET GO OF ME YOU--- JUNGKOOK!"

"Tae! Please, please just let it be, I don't want you to get hurt, can't get you hurt, please-"

Then the leading police officer or whatever stepped in. "Shut yo dirty mouth!" 

He gagged Jungkook with a cloth, then his hand closed around the maknae's arm and he mercilessly dragged him to the awaiting paddy wagon. Jungkook still tried to fight him, thrashing and kicking around but the police officer just pressed a button on his remote control, sending another electric shock wave through him. As he went limp, some policemen just lifted him up like a sack of potatoes and carried him the remaining metres to the vehicle. Jungkook could do nothing, only watch how the distance between him and Taehyung grew bigger and bigger, the brunet now on his knees with arms painfully twisted on his back, tears streaming down his face and teeth gritted.

They threw him inside the car and fastened chains on him before the door slammed shut, cutting him off from Taehyung and the world.

Taehyung!

The police officer with his giant claws had taken a seat right infront of him, eyening him like prey. Jungkook had a very bad feeling about it. However, he refused to show his fear. Mouth stuffed with the cloth, he raised his chin and held the other's gaze. The officer had the nerve to chuckle at him.

"Honestly, I don't get it. The government treats all Blessed like some Saints, even abominations like you. Let creatures like you feast on our money, the money we earned with hard work and never get to see because we are no creeps with superpowers; throwing our money after you bastards while you flaunt around and don't have to care for a thing."

Jungkook tried to scoff. Don't care for a thing? You have no idea. I've probably suffered more this month than you have your whole life, you  rassistic hypocrite.

"But you know what?" And as the man grinned there was nothing warm, nothing human in his face. "Now you've killed for the hundreth time. And that means you are no longer under protection. Now you are officially a danger for civilants. In other words you are..."

He leaned closer and whispered the last word in Jungkook's ear, "Carrion."

In the movement of leaning back he casually pressed the button again, making Jungkook shake and quiver, cold sweat running down his back and his sight turning blurry.

The younger tried to form coherent words, wanted to explain he no longer was a Blessed. But everything that came out were muffled groans earning him a fist in his face.

Jungkook had a feeling this would turn out to be a very very long ride. And judging the police officer's expression it had just begun.

He wished he could black out like he did so often recently, to escape the pain that was about to come, the pain and the pictures of Taehyung on the ground haunting him. The fear.

He didn't have such luck.

This time, the soothing blackness lingered but never took him into oblivion.

So he had to go through everything consciously.

It was hell.

 


"Taehyung, you need to calm down and explain everything properly", Jimin reprimanded his best friend to no avail.

The brunet's head snapped up. "How the am I supposed to calm down, they are KILLING HIM IS WHAT HAPPENS!" He slammed a fist into the wall then jerked back and curled into a ball, whimpering. Jimin closed in on him and began to his best friend's soft hair, soothing him.

"Ssshhh, it's gonna be alright. We are going to save him, okay?"

Taehyung sniffed. "You promise?"

The author pulled him in a tight warm hug. "I promise. Now tell me everything."

 


When Jungkook woke up after maybe the longest night in his life he had two thoughts:

I hate that guy

and

I didn't get to say 'I love you' one last time.

Maybe it was stupid to bother with the second one in his current situation - except for him it wasn't. This was a serious matter.

The next few minutes he switched from sorrow about his beloved one to being bitter because the one thing he'd dreaded for so long, the government betraying him, had come true.

His thoughts were interrupted by that man slamming the door open with a bang and climbing back inside the car's prison part, a steaming cup of coffee, fries and two burgers in his hand. The delicious smell filled up the car and made Jungkook' mouth water. His stomach growled loudly.

The man smirked. He took his initial position across from Jungkook and started eating slowly. Enjoying his meal. He even went at lengths to moan every now and then and the sauce from his fingers. Jungkook's stomach growled louder. Laughing, the man held his half-eaten burger right under Jungkook's twitching nose before he pulled back and took another bite, closing his eyes and sighing contendly.

This new kind of torment seemed to drag on forever, albeit everything that man did seemed to take forever. So Jungkook was taken by surprise as he announced they would arrive soon, humming. Arrive where, Jungkook had no idea. Maybe some kind of high security prison, maybe the middle of nowhere so he could be executed, maybe a laboratory, maybe somewhere else. And of course the jerk didn't give any hint except it wouldn't be pleasing for him.

There was nothing Jungkook could do. But he supposed in the end he deserved most of it. Wasn't it true, was't he a monster? The man at least had no doubt about it. He'd cut the seven letters in Jungkook's left arm last night, slow and deep.

With every passing minute the police officer grew more restless, like an excited kid. "You'll soon get what you deserve, just you wait~", he sang.

Jungkook felt sick.

 


Jimin blanched as he read the text message over and over.

 

From: government guy

Subject: your safety

 

Message:

Dear Mister Park,

after receiving your previous message we grew worried about your well-being and took it upon ourselves to start our own investigations. Afterall we care for your precious life and wouldn't like to see you leave us early. Soon we found the subject of your insecurity and had to discover you indeed were in imminent danger. But rest assure the problem is taken care of and you are once again safe. Thank you for your always hard work.

All the best

W

 

"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t", Jimin cursed under his breath. 

Beneath him Taehyung stirred in his lap. Slowly he pried one eye open and blinked up to the author owlishly. "Mmmmnminie? Whadds wrong", he slurred.

Jimin ruffled the younger's hair and tried to set up a light tone. "Nothing, don't worry Tae-Tae. I just need to make a call real quick, yeah?" With that being said he gently lifted up the brunet's head and laid it on a cushion as he stood up and went to the balcony. The night breeze sent chills over his arms as he stood there, a sea of lights beneath him and a finally calm best friend in the apartment behind him. His fingers shook as he dialed the number.

"Yes", an only slightly familiar voice answered the call curtly. Jimin had maybe talked with the man three times in total. He always sounded polite, crisp, efficient. Like an empty room with white tiles. Nothing unnecessary, nothing warm. Jimin steeled himself for an unhelpful, correct and cold talk.

"Good evening Sir, it's Park Jimin. I'm sorry to disturb you at such an unholy hour..."

"Mister Park." The voice was polite, a trained friendliness swinging with it. "You are never a disturbance. How can I help you?"

"Well..." Jimin stuffed his free hand in a pocket while the other hand holding his phone was on the best way to grow numb in the cold. "I'm affraid I didn't understand something in the message you just sent me. So I'd like to ask you what was meant with 'the problem is taken care of'?"

The man answered in a calm, slow manner as if talking to a child. "Mister Park, you really don't need to worry about that. We have the whole situation under control. Everything is alright now, you are safe. This is all that matters."

"Still I'd like to know what happens to Jungkook, Sir. I'm personally involved in the case and I've delivered hints about criminals of whatever kind since many years to you. With all due to respect Sir, don't you think I deserve to know some more details?"

"Mister Park, those informations are top secret. I tried to explain that to you just now. So no, you won't get more details, I'm affraid. Good evening, Mister Park."

If Jimin could be one thing then it was being stubborn. Especially when his closest friends were involved. So he decided to play his trump card. "Is it true there is a prison island at the west coast were you bring Blessed to either make experiments on them to study the Blessing or quietly kill them without anybody ever getting to know? Where no Blessed ever comes out, not even dead? Is this were you are bringing Jungkook?"

For a moment, there was only silence. Then-

"This conversation is over. Good-bye, Mister Park."

"Oh, but it is not. If you hang up now, I'll just call again and again until I get my answers. I have all night", the author threatened. "And if you don't take my calls I will go into public with the things I know. So you better stop feeding me nothings right now, I have to discuss matters with you."

 

 


Uh, who said something about a quick update? What, me? Nooo... *laughs uncomfortably*

Actually I changed half of the script because...

'..."Shut yo dirty mouth". And he rammed the grip of his gun against Jungkook's head.'

JK: *looks at me with raised eyebrow, tapping his foot, judging hard*

Me: *tries to force a smile*

JK: Really? You let me black out again? Like maybe five times before in that story whenever you didn't know how to make a transition? Really? Are you serious?

Me: *sweats nervously*

Me: *deletes half of the chapter, rewrites everything*

 

Also question: Would you like me to do some illustrations to this whole story or rather start writing a new story once this one is finished?