chapter 40

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Jungkook felt sick. Sick from the hungry eyes watching him lay in his own vomit without any strength left. He couldn´t even move a finger, too worn out from the attacks of that woman. His breath came flat and shallow, every intake of air stinging like crazy. He was in dire need of water, water and days of sleep. Not that the three members from the Thorned dustwind would grant him anything. No, they were thoroughly enjoying his suffering, staring down at him with a feverish glim. The acid stung in his nose and the liquid disgustingly cooled down on his skin, soaking his shirt as Jungkook could do nothing but lay flat on the ground. He couldn´t move. Why couldn´t he move? He had to, had to carry out the plan, had to get away, had to put up a fight! Jungkook tried - tried so hard, thinking of all the people important to him, his friends he had to protect, of Tae.

There was no such thing as a sudden burst of energy. No hidden powers activated by the 'power of love'. And Jungkook bitterly realized the wondrous, heroic strength helping every hero in books and films to overcome their obstacles and win against their enemy - it was all bullsh*t.

He wished he´d never found out.

Jungkook still couldn´t move.

The young Blessed peered up to his bloodthirsty butcherers in pure hate. They eyed him like some piece of expensive flesh, waiting. For what, he didn´t know. So he just continued staring at them, his lips slowly curling back as he snarled. The boy snickered lightly. And for a moment Jungkook stupidly wished nothing else but to be a dragon. He wanted to roar at them loud enough to rattle the stars, wanted to bathe that witch in flames as she´d done it with him, wanted to rip off their heads with his fangs for how they tortured him, what they´d done to him and were about to do. Why wasn´t he a dragon?

"Well well well", lanky dude clapped his hands while grinning from one ear to the other. "Why don´t we play a game? I bet you know 'two truths, one lie'. If you guess right, you can make a request. But if you are wrong..." his grin widened. "If you´re wrong, we´ll take turns on having some fun with you. How does it sound?"

The boy chuckled. "Not like you have a choice, mister."

"Of course he doesn´t", Rosie drawled. "Now pick him up so we can start already, mosquito. I´m getting bored."

"Yes, ma´am~" The boy been called mosquito tucked his hands under Jungkook´s arms and hoisted him up in a sitting position then dragged him backwards so he could lean against a container. Jungkook winced. He heard Yoongi instructing him to play along and buy time until he could move again. Because with the abilities of these sadistic psychopaths his second didn´t dare shooting. If he´d shoot the woman there was no telling what the other two would do to Jungkook before Yoongi could hit them too. And then there were two more persons still waiting in the cars. Jungkook had to take care of at least two of his pursurers. Somehow.

Maybe there was hope. Maybe they had a tiny chance as the feeling slowly crept back into Jungkook´s limbs. With uttermost care to not draw attention to it he bent his pinky. He willed his expression to neutrality, giving nothing away as he lifted his head, chin high.

"Bring it on."

Lanky dude weighed his head from side to side then sat down, unfazed by the remnants of Jungkook´s meal beneath his . Hands around his shoes and legs wipping up and down in a butterfly movement. Like a child. But he hardly was one, maybe had never been in the first place, not in the common sense. He held up a digit.

"Alright, here I go: one, I stabbed my gramps with a fork. Two, I proposed to our dear Rosie twice. Three, I have a pet lizzard called Lincoln and I like crafting tiny costumes for him. Guess the lie." With that, lanky dude  took a handful of waffles out of his pocket, munching away on them as he waited for Jungkook to answer.

He didn´t have to wait long. For some reason Jungkook was sure the guy wasn´t the type to propose only twice to get his way. "The answer is number two." His voice didn´t falter.

"Very good, very good", lanky dude applauded. "Now what do you want as reward?"

Jungkook contemplated his words. It was obvious he couldn´t just request them to let him go. That wouldn´t make the cut. He still couldn´t move much so what...?

"I want to know your names. Pseudomyns and birth names." An approving hum from Yoongi sounding through the ear piece.

Lanky dude complied, properly introducing the three of them. And while Jungkook for once wasn´t able to memorize the names as he was planning his next step he knew for a fact his second had recorded everything.

"If we are done with the chit-chat I would like to continue", Rosie snapped. The white-haired man gestured at her in a 'he´s all yours'-manner and stuffed another waffle in his mouth.

The woman crossed the distance to Jungkook, heavy boots squelching in the mess he´d made. Without a warning, she swung her right leg and kicked Jungkook in the side. He gasped.

"One. I killed more than thrice as many people as I am years old." Another kick. Jungkook pressed his teeth together. "Two. I hate cheese." Kick. "Three. I can ride exceptionelly well." A kick with her other foot. "Answer."

Jungkook gulped. The woman was already lifting her foot for another kick. His thoughts were racing. She kicked her heel against the asphalt and a small blade snapped free at the tip of her boot. Jungkook´s eyes widened. She pulled back her leg-

"Three", the raven-head blurted. "Number three is a lie!"

The woman smirked. She crouched down until she was at eye-level with him, her dark lips slowly stretching and revealing pearly white teeth. The woman leaned in, her crimson red hair tickling at Jungkook´s cheek.

"Wrong", she breathed right in his ear.

And Jungkook went down screaming.

 


Jungkook didn´t know how long he´d out from the immense pain.

But that damned woman harshly kicking him again and again while barking at him to get up was definitely not helping his cause.

That was when a very hard kick made him roll over and he felt something hard pressing in his stomach. His Kimber!

Jungkook groaned and made a show of getting up, twisting and shielding his pistol until he had tucked it away. He let his hand fall down to his side were the weapon was hidden. Now this was a chance. 

"My turn, mister" the boy chirped. He was laying flat on his tummy, legs swinging in the air and chin propped up on his hands. "Number one, I can play flute. Number two, my best friend once tried to poison me but I noticed and swapped the drinks. And number three, I don´t like my name. Which one is it, mister?" With eyes big and innocent one would never believe the boy could harm a fly he waited for Jungkook´s answer.

The raven-head weighed his options. Flute? He could see that, could imagine the boy playing a bright and mocking tune. Knowingly killing his best friend? He didn´t look like it. But his gut feeling told Jungkook the boy had learned a lot from his hyungs in the gang. And he probably really didn´t want to be at the kid´s mercy. So maybe it was his name. He hadn´t looked upset at the woman for calling him mosquito. Was it just a mask, a farce? Perhaps. But still...

"Number three", Jungkook replied. "This time it´s really number three."

The boy pouted. "You are boring, mister. Not letting me have some playtime too." The next moment his childish smile was back again. "You are right, I like my name. It reminds me that I´m not worthy of own tasks yet, that I still have a long way to go for being like hyung. Right now I´m just dirt but I´ll train hard until I can choose a new name and go on the hunt alone. I´ll make hyungs proud and kill many many people. Just like hyung right now." He turned to beam up to lanky dude who fondly ruffled the future mass-murderer´s hair.

Annoyed by the scene, the woman cut in. "Your reward, shrimp. Name it."

This time Jungkook didn´t need to think long. "Let me get up, stretch and move around. I´m sore everywhere and I can´t think properly under these conditions."

The woman jerked her head. Jungkook supposed this was closest to a nod he would get so he pressed his palms flat on the ground and forced himself up. Hissing through clenched teeth he circled his arms, always subtly turning away so the pistol couldn´t be seen. He cracked his neck, stretched his legs. And gave his damn hardest to make it look like he randomly wandered around. He was almost there as he noticed the other three made no attempts to follow him.

"Won´t you join me?" Jungkook prayed it sounded casual.

"No", the woman stated matter-of-factly. "You are going to come back to us."

"B-but", Jungkook felt his heart racing. They needed to get over here. "I don´t want to sit in my lunch again. It stinks and it´s disgusting. Can´t you come here instead?"

Rosie narrowed her eyes. She mumbled something in a walkie-talkie, gaze rooting Jungkook to the place. He heard a car door slamming shut. A long time nothing happened then there was an agonized scream. It sounded an awful lot like Yoongi.

"What have you-"

Lanky dude shook his head in disappointment. "Really, that was not nice of you, hiding your friend so he can´t play with us together. Where are your manners?"

Jungkook blanched.

A shot ripped through the night. Then there were fighting sounds and more screams from Yoongi. Jungkook wanted nothing more than getting his hyung to the rescue but if he moved away from his spot - then they could never hope to get rid of all of them. He shivered in cold rage, clenching his hands to fists.

Then his second was dragged to lanky dude, Rosie and mosquito. From the distance Jungkook couldn´t see everything but he didn´t miss the black paint smeared on his hyung´s face in a fat streak, most likely from a heavy punch. Didn´t miss the limp from his left leg, didn´t miss the glistening of a dark wetness on more than one place and the knive pressed against his throat by a slender young woman with strict blonde ponytail. She was clad in tight black pants and a black leather jacket. Daggers fastened on both legs and more utensils hanging on a heavy belt.

Rosie averted her gaze for a split-second to scan Yoongi before she looked back at Jungkook, smacking her lips. "An Average, how boring. We don´t have use for him." She lazily waved a hand at the mute blonde, dismissingly. "Make him look what we do to his friend then get rid of that lame nobody."

"Hyung", Jungkook breathed. He helplessly watched as dagger-woman forced his second on his knees then pressed him down with her body weight until he was laying on the ground, head jerked up by his hair so he could watch Jungkook. The older tossed around, tried to get the dead-weight down from him, cursing and his eyes spraying venom. To no avail. And his Jenny was nowhere to be seen.

"Hyung", Jungkook tried again, hands twitching and weight shifting as he leaned towards his second.

"Don´t", Yoongi hissed. A command.

The woman above him dug her knee in his back and he yelled, arching in an unnatural angle. Her hand pressed in one of Yoongi´s open wounds and his mouth slackened, frozen in a silent scream. The boy crouched next to him and watched in interest.

"Leave him alone!" Jungkook could barely see clear pictures. Everything was clouded by his rage. Rage against those monsters, against himself for doing nothing.

But lanky dude approached him, clicking his tongue and wiggling a finger with an expression like a sad and disappointed father. "No no no, it´s not your place to give orders. You were bad. And bad children need to be punished." As if inviting the goth-dress woman to a dance he stretched out his hand, in the other one suddenly a long needle shining. "Shall we, my dear?"

Rosie  scoffed and breezed past him. Rising an arm and pointing at Jungkook accusingly. Jungkook´s knees buckled and he fell down. In the back of his mind he felt the pain of his fingers clawing on the ground. Grains of the asphalt drilling their way into his flesh. But it was nothing in comparison to the pain in his chest where the hook steadily pulled his Blessing through its containment. The power forcing its way through the wall Jungkook had built like mashed potatoes through fabric. Slowly, steadily, unevitably. Burning everything in its wake. Jungkook swore he felt his liver dripping away, molten by the sheer heat searing him, feasting on him. Maybe he was screaming again. Yoongi surely was, trapped to the ground. With blurry vision Jungkook could see his second trashing and bucking, clawing at the woman as he tried to get to his dongsaeng. Jungkook stretched out a hand towards his hyung, arm scraping over the ground, fingers longing. Yoongi only trashed wilder, fists hammering on the ground as he couldn´t get away. He was shouting something but Jungkook didn´t understand, his ears were filled with cotton. 

The cotton got pulled out of his ears and his Blessing slammed back inside, rattling every bone in Jungkook´s body. He was mush, mush splaying everywhere like a starfish. Laying flat on the ground Jungkook struggled to regain his composure or at least stay alive for now. He turned his head, glaring up to that woman hovering above him. She spit him in the face.

"Pathetic."

Lanky dude next to her swirled the needle between his fingers and sent her a questioning look. "Did you...?"

She shook her head. "No, not yet. I´m not planning on letting him off easily."

The man hummed then motioned for the boy to come. The child got up from his place next to Yoongi and ran to his hyung´s side. Lanky dude pattened his back then got a lighter out of his pocket, heating the needle´s tip. "Watch and learn little mosquito, watch and learn."

Jungkook´s eyes widened in fear as the glowing needle got closer and closer. And finally he could hear his hyung.

"Press the god-damned button" Yoongi roared.

He saw it now. The three members of the Thorned dustwind right infront of him, the weird angle of his second´s hand. His outstretched hand turned into a fist, slamming down. I won´t die here. Pressing his teeth together until his lips bursted he pushed himself up. Nor will hyung. Jungkook took one sharp breath, another, looked up. And then he was on his feet, bolting to the device hidden in the space between two containers. He pushed his hand in the gap and hit the button taped to the wall.

A ripple of energy went through the air. Like a wave it spread in a circle from where Jungkook was standing to the corners of eight other containers. There was a static crack. And then lightnings erupted from all directions of the circle. Dancing through the air in a giant pillar of light, deadly electric light. The loud crackle outpowering loud screams of agony as the three people inside the circle got roasted alive.

They didn´t scream for long.

Jungkook tiredly took his hand off the button and the spectacle died down, revealing three black smoking corpses. Coal. Dust. Nothing. Jungkook slumped down.

The blonde woman snatched out of her shock but Yoongi was faster, pulling out a hidden knive and ramming it in the woman´s side. She went down without a sound, probably dead. Hopefully. 

Then a bulky man rounded the corner, the fifth man, gun lifted and aiming at Yoongi. It was one fluid movement as Jungkook pulled out his Kimber and shot. The man hit the ground with a sickening crush and didn´t rise again. 

Slowly, Jungkook turned around. Stared at the five dead bodies. The gun slipped his grip and his whole body began to shake. On wobbly feet and a hand pressed against his mouth he hurried to his second. They didn´t say a word as they hugged tightly despite the wounds on their bodies.

After seconds, minutes, hours, maybe longer they let go. 

"Get inside the car", Yoongi rasped. "Tend to your wounds. Rest. I´ll clean up the mess."

Jungkook did just that.

After three minutes in the car he passed out.

 

 


Still alive~

It´s not over.

And I´ll try (try! I´m still bad at it) to write an [M] chap next... Fighting, myself!

Phew. This chapter went a bit out of hand. I didn´t plan it like this. Okay, I didn´t plan it at all. You got me.

Istg trying to get that boy right and thinking like a child broken beyond repair was draining af. And I´m not made for writing action. I think. Maybe I should stop writing chaps in one go... lol. Yolo.

So uh... thoughts? Opinions?