chapter 14

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Once more Jungkook jogged through a certain park.

The statement of his kind-of-doc had him confused and cleared his mind at the same time but he still was not sure if Seokjin was right. The doubts bugged him. He needed certainity for once and quick.

The clouds above were flying fast, sprinting towards the horizon. Almost forming pictures but not quite. Just like Jungkook´s thoughts. Words were running through his mind, after some time always getting back to the term of 'love'. 

As long as I keep running everything is alright. But as soon as I rest and begin to think the world around me turns into an unsolvable riddle. Running is so much more easy. I should keep running like I always had these past years. Not running away though - just... running. Moving on. Although... I have the feeling I am missing something important. And I hate it to keep things uncompleted. But what is it? What?

His phone buzzed, dragging him out of his unevolving inner monologue.

"Yes?"

"Jungkook, I forgot to ask you something rather important earlier", Seokjin confessed in excitement.

The younger was surprised, it was unusual he got called on his phone by the elder.

"You told me you almost died recently. But it´s not because you forgot your Relief, I hope?"

...

...

"SH*T! I am so stupid! How can I even forget about it? Am I dumb or something?!" The younger face-palmed.

Seokjin snickered in the background as Jungkook kept scolding himself. "Hahaha, I thought so. Now have a nice day and don´t die on your forgetfulness, alright? Bye."

"I am such an idiot", the younger groaned.

He still couldn´t believe his own stupidity. Maybe it was also Tae´s fault he forgot about his Relief. The list of what the charming brunette had done to him got longer and longer. Just then his phone buzzed anew, indicating he had received a message.

From: cool grumpy hyung

subject: ...

message:

tonight 8pm town hall free entry don´t be late.

"O-kay...?" Jungkook didn´t really get it but it seemed to be urgent. He texted Yoongi a quick 'understood' then made his way to the head quarter to get dressed for whatever was going to be happening at 8pm.

 


This should do. Not bad, really not bad.

Content with his looks, Jungkook left the head quarter for the town hall. He dared to think of himself as good-looking right now. It had been some time since he had worn a classy black suit but he enjoyed it every single time. The evening could begin.

It was rare not to need tickets for getting into the town hall therefore a crowd had formed at the entry. Not that it was a problem. If Jungkook was determined to get in somewhere then nothing could stop him.

Except if it is about a newly released CD, that´s something completely else.

So it was no wonder he found himself in a seat at the side, waiting what would come. Why he had to get here. He scanned the people around him for familiar faces, for certain icey blue hair but there was no trace of his second or a client or whoever he should meet here. The time passed and slowly the awareness of being stuck in a crowd crept into Jungkook´s bones. He got restless as nothing happened. Only as he played with the thought to leave, the lights were put out and a single spotlight illuminated... a stage. A big stage empty except for one shadow. A person stepping into the light, holding a microphone in his large hands.

Jungkook´s breath hitched. For a reason he didn´t know, it was Tae standing on the stage all alone, broadly smiling down to the cheering people.

"Good evening, everyone", he greeted the guests.

"Thank you very much for coming. I am happy to see that actually no place is left empty. Whoa! Amazing! You know, a fan recently complained to me how difficult it is to get concert tickets so I had the idea to give a little concert for free. I didn´t know if and how it would work out but so far it seems to go well, don´t you think?" He chuckled lowly. "Ah, sorry. You aren´t here to hear me blabbering. Well then what else is left as for me to hope you will enjoy yourself? Let´s get started!"

There were some wild cheers but everybody went quiet fast as Taehyung took a seat on a stool and lifted the mic to his lips, eyes closed.

His soft deep voice filled the hall as he sang his first song - a balad. After some seconds a piano and a cello joined him, creating an ambient, delicate sound. It was a rather interesting move to add a cello instead of common violins but it went along with the brunette´s deep voice pretty well. And as he sang some higher notes, it was a nice contrast to the instrument.

Not that Jungkook could pay much attention to that. He was too lost in the elder´s warm voice full of genuine emotions, too lost in his stunning appearance, too lost in - Tae. How could he not have noticed his inner and outer beauty until now? His striking eyes framed with long lashes topped by expressive strong eyebrows, the straight nose, full lips, soft hair, perfectly tanned skin, toned body, small waist, slender hands (okay, he had noticed the hands) and those incredible tights? In other words, his completely enchanting looks? Had Jungkook been blind? It was as if he saw the singer for the first time but at the same time it felt as if they knew each other their whole life. A bitter-sweet contradiction.

But that wasn´t all Jungkook noticed. Still relishing in the wonderful voice, he thought about how honest Tae was in many kinds, how real, how unique, how... still human. Kind. Open-minded and optimistic. Things most grown-ups weren´t anymore.

Jungkook didn´t feel time passing as he was too distracted by his pondering. Every new realization lead him more in one direction. And though he hated and loved it, by the time everyone got up clapping the ravenhead had his answer. Yes. Yes, he loved Tae. Quite much it seemed. But he had no idea what to make of it. Because if that´s how it was - there were so many risks for everybody. And just as in answer, his Blessing rumored around some more.

He couldn´t get out of the building fast enough. Cold sweat erupted and coated his forehead as he hurried to the head quarter. Stumbling, Jungkook ran to the practice room, locked the door and, sliding down the wall, began to sing.

 


Jungkook stayed in the locked room for several hours and sang without a break.

Somewhen his voice broke but he kept singing nonetheless. He sang every song he knew and a soft breeze sept out of him the whole time. Small dust particles floated around him, never touching the ground of the empty room as long as he continued singing.

Depending on how intense he sang they whirled around in a spiral as fast as a blizzard or were just frozen in the air. His black hair tingled him from time to time, swaying in the neverending wind. He didn´t care though. Everything that counted was he keeping singing. Taking away the tiniest fracture of the familiar weight pressing onto him. Making him feel like being smashed into the ground a little less. Taking a bit from the edge. And goddamit, preventing him from doing more stupid things.

As there wasn´t a tone coming out his mouth anymore and he was just about to faint Jungkook scolded himself once more how dumb he had been to forget this. The dust fell down again and silence fell. Only his ragged breath resounded from the big empty walls. Exhausted as not in a long time the Blessed closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

 


"Hey."

"Hey", the soft concerned voice whispered again. Jungkook felt a nudge against his ribs. He groaned and pried his eyes open. Next to him sat Hoseok and looked at him in worry.

"How long did you relieve in here?"

The black-haired man mumbled some uncoherent words, coughed at his dry throat and finally opted for shrugging his shoulders.

Out of nowhere a bottle of water was dangling before his eyes. It was only then he noticed Yoongi being there too. He hastily grabbed the bottle and downed it in one go.

"Thanks", he croaked.

The forger and his second exchanged a quick view.

"Okay", Hoseok spoke up again. "So why did you sing yourself hoarse?"

He was prepared for the question so it didn´t take him as long to answer as it usually had. "Because I realized I love Tae."

Both his hyungs exhaled. Hoseok smiled at him broadly and Yoongi squeezed his shoulder. "That´s a great thing I assume?", the redhead questioned, not able to hide his excitement.

"No. No, I don´t think so."

"Why not? I am sure you would make a cute couple. And you are allowed to have feelings, you know? You don´t need to lock always everything away. Just give it a try."

Jungkook shook his head. "No."

"But why", Hoseok pouted. "You are making things complicated. I know you are affraid because of what happened but nobody says history will repeat itself. Just give it a try. How can´t you even consider a relationship with the person you love?"

The ravenhead didn´t respond. So Hoseok pushed further. "Why don´t you want to date him?"

...

"Because I would destroy him."

Yoongi got up and signaled the forger to follow him. With his back turned to Jungkook, he voiced up. "Brat, don´t you think Tae has a say in that too?"

Then they both left and Jungkook was alone again.

 


Yoongi sighed heavily and pinched his nose. "Damn."

Hoseok aggreed, the smile from before nowhere seen.

"Worst thing is he may be right."

"But he thinks too negative", the forger whined. "There has to be a possibility to make this work out. Though he doesn´t even consider it. Is there anything we could do to help him?"

The elder furrowed his brows and thought about it. He took his sweet time and Hoseok was already jumping from one leg to another as he answered.

"Maybe. Tomorrow they will meet again. We could try give him a push in the right direction..."

He went to his office, typed on his computer and printed out some sheet. Then Yoongi sneaked into the maknae´s room and stuffed the sheet into Jungkook´s bag. As he was done, he returned to Hoseok.

"Let´s see what happens."