chapter 36

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Jungkook was by no means a coward. He fought hard to keep up to the nickname given to him, 'golden maknae'. He always tried his best to prove he could literally do everything, was capable and could protect his hyungs. However, date? That was like endboss level. Because it was not one of the many dates being part of his work, it was a very real date with the person he loved. And he was lowkey freaking out. 

Three days ago Jimin had tricked Tae and him into that date at the amusement park. As result, since two nights Jungkook couldn´t sleep well. He was like an overexcited puppy but at the same time he dreaded the whole thing. To sum it up, he was on edge. To the extend where he had almost wetted himself as Yoongi had casually mentioned Tae´s name.

The last two days had been excruciating, Jungkook had felt like floating above the earth and couldn´t be bothered to concentrate on anything. Nothing new, actually, as it was because of a certain cute brunet. Still Jungkook´s legs tried their best to turn around 180 degrees and carry away the body attached to them, away from the cause of the black-haired man´s nervousness so that every step towards the amusement park was a struggle. Because apparently, today was the day. The day of all days. And him running away was very close to self-protection.

But then Jungkook spotted the singer waiting at the entrance and his mind went still. He thought of those super cheesy movies were the hero sees his betrothed and the actions go to slow motion and a soft music starts to play. All of his nervousness, his excitement, uneasiness and fear rushed out of Jungkook like water because he simply couldn´t think any longer. There was no space for complicated feelings or hesitation and stuff. Just... Tae.

Before he knew it Jungkook stood infront of the brunet who smiled shyly at him, took his hand and lead him to the entrance to buy their tickets. Jungkook cherished every glorious inch of the big hand holding his and he couldn´t stop running his tumb over Tae´s knuckles even if he wanted to.

As they had cleared the gate he tugged at Tae´s hand to make him pause. Made himself now take a few steps back and look, really look at his beloved hyung. Clad in chic black trousers, shining black shoes and a tucked in baby blue shirt with snakes embroidered on the collar Tae was practically screaming 'celebrity'. Combined with the huge sunglasses the silent shout turned into 'celebrity incognito, do not touch!'. Jungkook chuckled as he noticed the not-so-subtle red snakes on the collar. Gucci. What else? At the eyebrow raised in question at him he pointed at the snakes and shook his head in mock-defeat. 

"Unbelievable." He snorted.

"What?" Tae tried to defend himself. "I already chose a different piece than planned originally with almost no Gucci red on it so it wouldn´t sting in the eyes when I walk next to you. Because different shades of red y´know. I am being considerate here!"

But he too was smiling, remaining serious for long wasn´t a Tae thing anyway. "On that note..." he came closer and touched the material of Jungkook´s slightly oversized orange-red sweater. "Nice one. Wow, and so soft! Feeling comfy in there?"

"Mhm, very", Jungkook hummed as Tae kept his sweater. The touches were heaven. Heaven! But it bugged him he couldn´t see the sparkle in those magnificent brown eyes, only a dull reflection of himself. Jungkook really did not need a reflection of himself now, did not want to look at a contourted version of his own. He remembered his hyung´s advice to say what´s bothering him instead of being uneasy for the whole date.

So he did just that. "Would be more comfy with you not wearing those glasses tho." Whoa, he felt so incredibly bold and straight-forward and un-Jungkook. But with Tae it was okay.

The brunet now furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? I like those! Why should I take them down?"

"Because" Jungkook sighed and took a deep breath "because I want to see your eyes, hyung." There, he said it. And if there was some hole close by to jump in, that would be pretty convenient now...

But as he looked back to Tae, slightly disappointed to find no hole (We are at a ing amusement park, there´s supposed to be weird stuff at every corner so why no holes?!), he was lucky to witness the slight blush on Tae´s face as the brunet indeed put down his glasses. And Jungkook internally cooed, he cooed which must´ve been another first as Tae casted his gaze down, too shy and sweet to make eye contact with Jungkook.

Jungkook didn´t have it though. With two large steps he was there and lifted up the singer´s chin to force him to look up to him. Wide brown eyes stared back, spots of gold and orange dancing in them, whirling around in a stream of molten chocolate as the sun tried her best to show Jungkook a whole new world in those eyes he loved so much. He couldn´t stop a small sigh escaping as he got lost in the miracle that was Tae´s eyes.

"Much better" he rasped after what felt like forever.

"So, uhm..." Jungkook made some vague gestures as he struggled to come back to this world. What is casuality? "Where, I mean where-where do you want to go first uh... hyung?"

Tae´s whole face lit up in a split-second, his wonderful eyes turning into crescends. "ROLLERCOASTER!"

And with that single word the spell was broken. Jungkook didn´t know whether to be relieved or disappointed.

But his possibly-there disappointment was forgotten and turned into utter confusion as Tae didn´t drag him to the nearest rollercoaster but a toy shop instead. As Jungkook was still blocking the entrance because what the ?!, Tae was breezing through the rows and seconds later standing infront of him with full hands.

"Okay, we need this and this and this", he exlaimed happily.

At first, Jungkook did not get it. But as he understood a few moments later, an excited grin crept over his face. "Hyung, you are a genius."

"I am", Tae aggreed while clutching a pack of balloons, a deck of cards, sunglasses and two masks to his chest. He gave Jungkook one of his rectangular smiles as the younger deliberately took all the stuff from him and went to pay it.

After everything was tucked away safely in Jungkook´s backback (because the other´s bag was fashionable and fancy but actually not practical at all) they were quick to aggree starting with what they deemed the second-coolest rollercoaster. At the most thrilling one they wanted to simply enjoy the ride. But for now... Tae had other plans. And Jungkook was so down for it.

They really must´ve gotten a lucky day, there were only a few people standing in line to their rollercoaster. 

"Hyung..." Jungkook took the singer´s wrist to stop him in thinking out loud what to do first. "Let´s take this as a practice round, okay? To see where the cameras are located."

So they did. But Tae could call him brilliant and the voice of reason all he wanted - truth was the younger was giddy and just wanted to clutch Tae´s hand through the whole ride and preferably never let go again. The ride ended far too soon for his liking though. That´s why he came up with another suggestion.

"Hey, how about we make this a competition? Let´s try taking all those funny shots while holding hands. Who lets go first is the looser and needs to pay for lunch."

He knew it was sneaky but if that was how he could get his way then so be it. Tae didn´t even need to say 'yes', the glint in his eyes was all the confirmation Jungkook needed. Jimin had been right as he´d mentioned the brunet loving competitions maybe just as much as Jungkook did.

Tae took hold of his hand once more. "Deal!"

And with that, their mission to make it in the hall of fame with the funniest photoshoots - and at the same time their little competition -  began. It started easy enough: at the first 'serious ride' they both leaned out and held their phones against their ear, acting as if making a phone call and having a hard time understanding the person calling them over all those shouts and noises around. A rollercoaster is not a quiet place afterall.

The second round was no big deal either, they just wore funny sunglasses each (Tae one with painted-on swirls and thick fake eyebrows attached, Jungkook one with various hearts standing up from the frame in all directions) and had to stay completely serious as if being on a business trip and wearing normal sunglasses. They succeeded - but barely and only because they both made a point not to look at the other until they´d passed the camera. As soon as they faced each other afterwards, they lost it.

It took them minutes to calm down again. Because every time they had collected themselves Tae would either touch one of those ridiculous hearts on Jungkook´s glasses and watch them swing back and forth, repeatedly hitting the younger´s face or head in the process. Or the brunet would pout purposefully which in combination with his Rock Lee eyebrows was too hilarious a sight for Jungkook to bear. Really, the only thing that helped to put an end to this was taking off those things and stuffing them back deep into Jungkook´s backpack.

From then on the actual challenge took place. Because next was wearing masks and striking a fitting pose.

Tae was lucky here as he had chosen a smiling harlequin mask with long nose for himself. He just added his free hand to make the long-nose-pose, thumb at the mask´s nose and fingers stretched upwards. Jungkook on the other hand was struggling to look buddha-like with only one hand doing the Om sign. He didn´t feel like a very convincing buddha with only doing half the pose. 

"What was this even supposed to be?! Oh my god, Jungkookie!"

"Well, I want to see you trying to immitate buddha with one hand only!"

Tae raised a mocking eyebrow. "Oh? Watch me."

"Pfft, I´m so not convinced, hyung."

As they got in line for the next round the brunet was still mocking him over his poor job. From then on it got personal. And Jungkook was determined to be successful the next round.

For the records: they both failed doing the mission. Jungkook swore if he couldn´t do it (and he was far from succeeding) then it was impossible. So they tried again on steady ground to do it, wrap balloon animals with only one hand. Tae even took his teeth to help. Which, as one can imagine if it involves balloons, was not very clever. After a good ten minutes they gave up as no, they both hadn´t gotten past one knot.

However, the camera pictures from that round still were quite great with Tae desperately squeezing a bright green balloon between his thighs and twisting it in this and that direction whereas Jungkook had his red balloon tucked in his arm pit and was staring at it with furrowed eyebrows as if to form an animal of it with sheer will power. On his hand clutching the brunet´s, veins were showing and Tae´s fingers were already sporting a dark red from the squeeze. But none of them had let go so far.

"Okay, here goes nothing." Tae pulled out the set of cards for their final photoshooting. "Let´s play a game, Kookie~" And just like before there was that twinkle in his eyes.

Turns out the people who had done that playing-card-thing before them already must´ve had their cards glued together in advance. For Jungkook and Tae kept loosing their cards one after another, the paper being ripped from their hands by the speedy wind until Jungkook was holding tight on two cards and Tae on one.

You can´t play cards properly with three cards only. Even less so with only two. So as the last card was slipping from the brunet´s grasp he lunged forward on instinct, dropping Jungkook´s hand. His attempt to save his final card was in vain though. And now Tae had lost their competition and ruined the photoshoot. Jungkook was making the best of it, quick-wittedly changing plans and using his two cards as a fan while sporting an arrogant expression, just like some high lady from the 17th century.

"It was an accident", Tae tried to defend himself as Jungkook urged him to admit defeat.

"Too bad, hyung. But you lost anyway so now you have to buy me lunch and hold my hand as long as I want." Jungkook was very very happy with the outcome and could not stop grinning. 

"But-"

"Hyuuuung~" the younger whined. "Come on. Let´s see if we can get some lamb squewers here, yeah? Please~"

"Hmpf, okay..." The older couldn´t help but smile. Noticing that, Jungkook pulled him along, humming happily and swinging their joined hands forth and back between them.

It took a while but they indeed found a place where Tae could buy lamb squewers for the younger and jajangmyeon for himself. Jungkook snickered.

"Poor hyung, to chose noodles when you can´t use your right hand because I definitely won´t let go... guess I´ll just have to feed you, huh?" he asked cheekily.

However, to his utter dismay the brunet just raised an eyebrow in a Try-me manner. "Well sadly for you I can use both of my hands rather well. Therefore eating with left won´t be a problem."

Jungkook´s jaw dropped to the table. "Wha- hyung, that´s not how you´re supposed to do it! That´s cheating!"

Tae grinned. "Suit yourself, Kookie~"

"Not fair", the younger grumbled repeatedly as he dug in. This is not the end. I am going to feed you, Kim Taehyung. 

As they were both done eating Jungkook wasted no time to drag the brunet to the nearest candy shop. There he bought one of those smurf-shaped blue jellies and some roasted almonds.

"Here, eat." He all but shoved half of the smurf in Tae´s mouth who let out a surprised groan but did not protest. And while the brunet now was occupied nibbling at the candy Jungkook kept tossing in sugar-coated almond after almond.

He was still not satisfied. So as Tae gulped down the last smurf-bit, Jungkook watching the movement of his adam´s apple intensely, the younger had already gripped another almond and was pressing it against Tae´s closed mouth. And this time, there was some protest.

"Yah, Kookie! I just ate a smurf and by the way I´m already feeling bad for it and we just had lunch..."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "But hyung, we are in an amusement park. We have to eat sickenly sweet candies in masses by law. So for god´s sake, let me feed you already!" He even went as far to stomp his foot as emphasition.

Tae giggled. "Okay, okay~" Obediently, he opened his mouth for Jungkook to drop the almond.

The younger hummed. "Much better. But let´s not stand in the way here, yeah?" That being said he took advantage of still holding hands and lead Tae to an empty bench. Then he fed him the almonds one after another.

And it wouldn´t have been a problem, it really wouldn´t if the brunet had stuck to opening his mouth wide for Jungkook to toss in the sweets. But instead, at some point he decided the younger was taking too long so he leaned forward, snatching the treat away with his teeth.

And maybe Jungkook would´ve been fine still but suddenly Tae was wrapping his lips around his fingers, stealing the next candy and everything Jungkook could think of, could feel were those lips on his fingers. His breath hitched. He was not okay.

On auto-pilot Jungkook fumbled for a new almond. It left his hand in the same manner, the brunet´s mouth around his thumb and index finger. The third time it happened Tae took his sweet time. Through long lashes he looked up to Jungkook with innocent eyes, so in contrast to the tongue swirling around his digits and doing things to the younger he couldn´t even start describing.

As soon as it had begun, it ended. Tae pulled away with a nervous giggle then got up as if nothing had happened and stated he wanted to go to the labyrinth next. Leaving a dumbstruck Jungkook behind, hand still hovering in the air.

"...What...?"

Turned out the labyrinth thing was a good idea. They had decided to start from different spots searching for the middle. It was drizzling by now and most visitors had fled to the nearest indoor attraction so Jungkook was effectively all alone.

The slight rain together with the lone walk were a big help to find his chills again. Tae´s simple action of his fingers had him riled up enough to want nothing more but smash their mouths together, feel those lips pressing against his own. The mere thought made him shudder. He was lucky, so lucky the singer had stopped. Jungkook didn´t even want to start imagining what could´ve happened easily. 

As he´d reached the center marked with a fairy statue he just stood there, face turned towards the sky. Rain had never felt this holy, this... cleansing. Jungkook remained still as he imagined the rain drops washing away his desire to kiss Tae like a crusted layer of dirt.

I mustn´t give in.

Five minutes passed like that. Ten. More. Then his phone vibrated.

 

From: Tae <3

Subject: HEEEEEEELP

 

Message:

Kookie~

I´m lost ><

 

Jungkook shook his head in disbelief. Actually he wasn´t even surprised.

 

To: Tae <3

Subject: ...what...

 

Message:

Hyung

I know it´s a labyrinth but still...

I mean, how?

How???

It´s not that big. I don´t know whether I should be impressed at you managing to get lost in here.

 

JK

 

He could´ve sworn he heard a whine somewhere to his left short after he´d sent the message. The answer didn´t take long.

 

From: Tae <3

Subject: YAH!

 

Message:

ing right, this is a labyrinth! And it actually hates me. Also, did you forget the sole purpose of such things is to get lost? Huh? Now help hyung get out here already! Damn! I swear this hedge wall looks familiar. Do something, Kookie! Save meeee~

(Oh, I can do that initials thingy too. Only mine is cooler bc it´s not part of my actual name. Watch me.)

 

V

 

Jungkook sighed. As curious as he was to learn what the letter V had to do with Tae´s name, that was a matter for another time.

 

To: Tae <3

Subject: I´m shaking my head now

 

Message:

Okay just... follow my voice or something.

But seriously... whatever, nevermind. I´m waiting for you in the middle.

 

Q (in case the random usage of single letters makes you happy)

 

And like that Jungkook began to sing. All of those beautiful ballads from Tae, as beautiful and enchanting as the singer was himself. Soaked to the bone he kept singing song after song, the wind coming from him a soft rustle in the hedges.

He closed his eyes and tried to listen to approaching footsteps, frustrated shouts or steps speeding up while getting closer but all he could hear were the rustling leaves and the rain. He sang louder, raised his voice to be audible over the sounds. With the singing going on he kept the beast that was his Blessing at bay for now.

Jungkook couldn´t say how much time had passed. He had just ended another song - the one that had sent him to the realms of mist and shadows as he´d heard it in Tae´s concert - when familiar arms wrapped around his torso from behind.

"Jiminie was right", Tae murmured with his chin rested on Jungkook´s shoulder. "You really do have an amazing voice. I´m glad I could finally hear you sing. Could listen to it all day."

It was a physical effort to take calm breaths. That deep rough voice so close to his ear was not healthy for Jungkook. Even less so as he could feel every breath the brunet made, pressed against him. Could feel the vibration of that very voice.

"Please sing some more for me. One more song." Tae spoke slow, with low and soft tone as if not to scare off Jungkook. Because it was scary. Singing infront of other people was damn scary,  especially if it was Tae. But who was Jungkook to deny him that one wish?

He remained quiet for one or two minutes, gathering his nerves. The singer hugging him didn´t urge him on but simply waited which Jungkook was very grateful for. And then he sang. Not as loud as before, just loud enough for his words to be solid. It was for Tae´s ears only anyway. This time though he didn´t opt for another song from Tae. Jungkook wasn´t sure of a title yet but for now, 'Begin' sounded relatively fitting.

His voice faltered mid-way as Tae turned his head to lay warm soft lips on the skin where Jungkook´s neck and shoulder met. Still he continued singing. Didn´t try to block out the sensation of Tae´s nose brushing his neck as he nuzzled in the crook but included it to the song instead. Made it part of the emotions he poured in.

As he finished his chest was rising and falling heavily. And for once the brunet still hugging him took his time to say something. Jungkook didn´t dare turning around to face the other.

"What is this song about?", Tae croaked finally.

"...What do you think, hyung?" His response was barely more than a whisper, so quiet Jungkook couldn´t tell if the brunet had caught it. But he sure enough felt a slight tremble going through the body pressed against him.

And it was such a perfect moment, practically screaming 'kissing scene!' and Jungkook wanted nothing to do more than turn around, cup Tae´s angelic face in his hands and plant the softest kiss ever existing on his mouth but- he couldn´t. He ing couldn´t!

So he detached himself rather forcefully from the one person he loved so much, lept for the nearest hedge and shoved his hands and arms inside, welcoming the sting and scratch, the pain that kept him rooted and sane and most importantly, kept him away from Taehyung´s lips.

 

 


Originally I planned to make the Vkook date one long chapter but y´know, stuff happened and the last sentence screamed at me 'I´m a cliffhanger, I´m a cliffhanger, leave me as last line for now wohoooo!'

Also, as result of my procastination (what a word) I began writing a short Jikook flowershopau. It´s called "Through the flower" (am I not creative?). So if you like, check it out. And if not... plz don´t hate me.