chapter 33

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

"Tae-Tae, you are an idiot", Jimin sighed.

There was an angry huff at the other end of the phone connection. "Did you by any chance not listen to me?!"

Being a soulmate and best friend could be so difficult sometimes. Like just right now. Jimin flipped back his hair and sighed again. "I did listen, but... Tae-Tae, you trust me, right?"

There was a small break, enough time for Hoseok to pat Jimin´s back and give him a thumbs-up while mouthing 'Jiminie, fighting!'. The blond smiled weakly.

It had been an hour already since his best friend called. An hour of listening to the brunet wailing about his broken heart, in between admitting he had been jealous of Jimin and suing Jungkook while he was getting everything wrong. As pretty much always.

And honestly, Jimin´s patience was running thin by now. He was already restless, being trapped in a cave without a possibility to get out was not really his life-style. Sometimes he could swear the walls were moving closer and closer, caging him even more. But rather than for himself he was worried for Jungkook, for his well-being as the younger seemed to struggle a lot with his Blessing.

And now Tae-Tae was being an overdramatic diva because he had seen the maknae at the worst moment ever and Jimin didn´t know at whom to be more angry of those two fools. Hoseok must have seen how his mood had dropped as he now was doing random silly poses. Jimin smiled tiredly. Then the brunet finally answered.

"...Yes?"

Jimin had already forgotten what was the question. "Yes what?" he blurted out. Heat rose to his face.

He could practically hear his friend rolling his eyes. "Really now? Yes hyung, I trust you."

Nevermind it hadn´t been about Tae-Tae being more polite but about getting the topic. Though being called 'hyung' definitely was refreshing... Jimin grinned.

"Good. Then I need you to listen clearly to me now and trust me I am saying the truth, okay?"

"...Okaaay..." 

Jimin took a deep breath. He didn´t fancy acting behind Jungkook´s back but the whole thing was becoming ridiculous. After he knew the truth about the young Blessed he had grown quite attached to him. And of course he loved his best friend from the bottom of his heart. But it was obvious his friends were both hurting right now so sue him if he wanted to get things right. Even if it meant sticking his nose in other people´s business.

"Okay, don´t tell him I told you but Jungkook-ah has clearly fallen in love with you. And whatever you saw there means nothing to him. Do you hear me? Nothing. That boy is literally an idiot for you but he has some personal stuff going on. Serious sh*t if I´m not mistaken. I don´t know the details and I´m just guessing here. But he really has some issues. That´s why he never told you how he feels but I swear he loves you so much and you love him too. So please, please don´t be rash. Give him a chance."

"...He loves me?"

Jimin slammed a hand on the table. How could one possibly be so dense?

"Duh! Really now?! Did you never see how he looks at you as if you are a miracle or the 8th world wonder? Or how he gets all red and shy whenever you are touchy on him? Or how his face lights up as if a light bulb in his head was switched on whenever he sees you? Or how he subconsciously mimics you? Do I even need to go on for proving my point here?"

"Yes please." And Taehyung no longer sounded like a wounded animal but... awed. Awed, desperate and hungry for every bit he could get.

Jimin caressed the table in apologize for the hit before. Flipped his hair back again. Did his best friend really never notice all those things?

"You are insufferable. And blind actually. This kid is socially awkward, how often do you think he goes out eating with friends or doing something together? But he always said yes whenever you suggested something, or not? Do you think he would have gone out eating every day if anybody but you had asked him? Hell no! And I bet my balls he wouldn´t have been going to the photography couple workshop ever if you hadn´t insisted and invited yourself to it. He probably wouldn´t have bothered doing anything about his photography skills at all if it hadn´t been for you."

Across the table Hoseok was giggling and whisper-yelling 'our baby had been found out~' and having a hard time to remain quiet. Jimin clasped a hand over his mouth to not burst out in laughter.

"And the other day you... pffft~... sorry. The other day you told me he showed you a hidden place beneath a bridge. I bet you two are the only ones knowing that place." He gave the red-head a questioning look who shook his head in answer. 'Never heard of it.'

Jimin puffed out his chest as he was doing such great job as detective.

"See? I mean, actually no, you can´t see, aaah, forget what I said. But not even his closest friends know that place he showed you. And he praised your music, right? I mean, that´s nothing unusual but he had big pink hearts in his eyes I bet. Actually he listens to your music only by now. He was such a big GD fan but now he listens to your songs without expectation. I swear Jungkook-ah can sing 90 percent of your songs out of the cold by now. Gosh Tae, I could go on forever. He madly loves you, you dumb spinach! So for the sake of god, give him a chance."

There was the big silence again. Jimin could practically see the wheels turning in his best friend´s head as the brunet was reassessing every encounter with Jungkook and searching for the twist. Couldn´t that just accept he and the maknae were meant to be? Geez.

"Tae-Tae, stop thinking so loud."

"But... doesn´t he love you? I mean he was after you for so long and I even helped him with project Jikook and---"

"KIM TAEHYUNG!"

"I´m sorry", his friend whimpered. Hoseok in the meanwhile had fallen from the chair and was gaping at Jimin from the floor.

"HE LOVES YOU AND NOT ME! END OF STORY!"

"I´m sorry, I´m sorry hyung..."

"AND DON`T YOU DARE TELL JUNGKOOK I TOLD YOU ANY OF THOSE THINGS!"

"I won´t, I´m sorry hyung, I swear...."

Jimin couldn´t listen to this nonsense any longer. Almost punching through his phone he ended the call and threw the phone on the table. Then he crashed back in his chair with a furious huff and blew the hair from his face. "Unbelievable! How can one be so stupid?!" He glared at Hoseok who was desperately trying to become one with the wall, as if the red-head knew the answer.

"...Who are you and what have you done to my cutie Jiminie?"

 


"Hello?"

"Hyung? Uhm, hi", Jimin whispered in his phone. It was night and he was crouching under a tree. He had sneaked out to get fresh air for once and at the same time hopefully a better signal.

"Aaaaah, Jimin-sshi~ It´s been a while! You don´t call me often these days."

"Uh... Yeah, I´m sorry about that, hyung. Work has been really busy lately and right now I´m hiding from someone so I couldn´t really communicate that well recently."

Jimin looked back to the hidden house, listening at noises from Hoseok. He didn´t want to be found out. Because even though the elder had been nothing but nice to him he didn´t know how much he´d appreciate Jimin sticking his nose deeper and deeper in Jungkook´s business. Probably not much.

"What?! Hiding? What happened, are you okay? Are you hurt? Can I help you somehow?"

"Aish hyung, it´s not me who needs help right now." He glanced back again. Everything was quiet. "But can you do me a favour please? If I send you an adress, can you go there and use your Blessing on a young man with black hair called Jungkook? Please, it´s really important."

"...What do I get of it? And you know I don´t mean money."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "How about freening two souls which are destined to be together climbing over the walls they built themselves to unite them and allow the universe to do its work or something like that?"

"Ah~ don´t we all in the end strive to bless the universe, if knowingly or not? Isn´t fulfilling one´s destiny the most joyous thing one can ever hope for yet a goal so far out of reach it seems to be impossible to accomplish?"

"...Sure?" Here he was talking in philosophy again. Not that normal human beings like a Park Jimin could ever get what this guy said if he was in his brain mood.

"Tell me more, what walls are we talking about?"

Jimin huffed. "One is fear and the other dense unawareness."

"...Is your buddy Taehyung probably involved?

The author gasped. "How do you---"

"Oh please. You said dense and that it´s important. Who else could it possibly be? So your friend and that Jungkook, huh?"

"Y-yes..."

The other hummed. "I see. Well then, send me the adress and I´ll do my part. I---"

"Thank you so much, hyung!"

"...Can I please end my sentence?"

Jimin clasped a hand above his mouth and turned to the house. He hadn´t meant to actually yell. But no lights were , no approaching foot steps heard. He loosened a breath of relief. "Sorry, hyung", Jimin murmured.

"It´s alright. What I wanted to say, you calling me and asking me that favour means you have already checked on and approve that other guy, right? I really don´t do this light-headed."

Although the other couldn´t see it, Jimin nodded in the darkness. "Yes, I was very suspicious of him at first but not long ago I learned the real story and I used my Blessing to verify his words. He might not seem so but Jungkook has a good heart. And right now they are bot being such big idiots I really don´t know what else to do than asking you for help. It physically hurts watching that mess going on and on."

"Don´t worry, I got this. Do you want me to stay until they have talked it out or done whatever to get over those walls or...?"

Jimin thought about it. "Hm... actually yes, if it´s not a too big bother. I have a feeling Tae-Tae will be running away like a coward and that won´t solve anything."

"Alright, then it´s settled. Send me the location, I´ll go tomorrow. Sounds good?"

"Very good! Thank you so much hyung, I owe you big time if it works out. Good night~"

With a happy sigh Jimin ended the call and pressed his phone on his chest. He prayed this would work out, for both of his friends. If not, he would be at a loss for real.

A sudden voice behind him startled him. Shrieking and stumbling away, Jimin turned around.

"I just hope you know what you are doing", Hoseok said gravelly from his spot right behind the small blond, arms crossed and features hidden in shadows. There was no trace from his sunshine personality as he stared down at the crouching author. "Because if Jungkookie gets hurt thanks to your little game I won´t care that we are friends."

 

 


And it´s Jimin´s turn to play cupid ^^

Besides, you know who is entering the stage in the next chapter, right? I mean, it´s pretty obvious whom Jimine was talking with... Guess what is is Blessing?

Aaaah, this short chapter was fun writing. Especially Jimine loosing his sh*t ^^ What, me, a sadist? Neverrrr!