chapter 37

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Soaked as they were Jungkook made no compromises. He declared they had to change into dry clothes no matter what.

Safety first, safety second and coolness third.

He didn´t want to catch a cold and even less for Taehyung to get sick. Only problem: where were they supposed to get a full set of dry clothes? Like, some shirt with a logo printed on was no problem but what about trousers and underwear? Jungkook was just now typing a message for his second to bring spare clothes asap. He wasn´t looking for maybe three seconds but it was enough for Tae to vanish into thin air. Confused, the raven-head took a full turn because how? They were on a wide open place and he´d have to see the brunet wherever he went.

But he was all alone.

"Hyung?" He scanned his surroundings once more and tried not to panic.

"HYUNG?!"

No answer. Sh*t! What was going on now again? With swift fingers he dialed Tae´s number and prayed the other would pick up. Fortunately, he did.

"Y-"

"HYUNG WHAT THE WHERE ARE YOU!"

The brunet on the other phone laughed. "Kookie, chillax~ I just had an idea how to get dry clothes. I´ll be back in no time, okay?"

"But-but you will get lost", Jungkook whined.

"Aish, I won´t, I won´t. But I just had that great idea so please don´t freak out, yeah?"

Jungkook pinched his nose. "I don´t like it if you have ideas. Especially not alone", he muttered under his breath.

"Huh? What?"

"Nothing. Please hurry and be careful, hyung."

Jungkook ended the call and huffed angrily. Both hands on his waist he glared up to the still grey sky. This is the most stressful date ever ever ever. At least it had stopped raining. But still. How could Tae leave him alone here and go off to whereever? He´d gotten lost in a children´s labyrinth not even ten minutes before.

Why don´t you just let me help you?

He was still pondering (and glaring at everybody who gave him a daring look due to the sweater sticking to him and leaving few to imagination) as he heard a familiar step pattern. And he didn´t even question recognizing Tae on the sound of his steps because if it was Tae-related then of course he knew by now. 

"SURPRIIIIIIIISE" the brunet yelled across the whole place, storming towards Jungkook with two huge bags in his hands.

"Hyung, what-"

But Tae was already there, first jumping at him and squeezing him in a tight hug then shoving one bag at him. He grinned. Jungkook dared a look inside the bag and---

"No. No. ing. way. No!"

The brunet´s grin grew impossibly wider.

"I´m not gonna wear this! No! I refuse!" Jungkook shook his head vigorously.

"Yes, you will", Tae chirped happily and this time it was Jungkook´s turn to be dragged somewhere. Somewhere meaning the nearest public toilets.

Jungkook was not done though. He dug his heels in the ground and pulled at the happy singer´s arm. "Hyuuuung, nooooo... don´t make me do this, please", he begged. "Do you even know how bad it is if I am actually begging you? Please, please, don´t make me do this."

At that the brunet turned around, his gaze softening.

"Kookie..." he whispered calmingly, long fingers caressing Jungkook´s face. "I just don´t want you to get sick and this is the only thing I found. So please, for the sake of your health, put this on. It might not even be that bad, you never know, hm? I know you can do it."

He leaned in and placed a small peck on Jungkook´s cheek. With a last encoraging look he pulled away and went to one of the stalls. And Jungkook just stood there rooted to the place, hand pressed against the cheek Tae had kissed and mouth slightly ajar. Only as a kid came by and laughed at his dumfounded expression he snapped out of his trance, manned up and went to change too.

Fifteen minutes later, a joyful snow white and a very very grumpy cinderella exited the gentlemen´s toilet.

"I swear if you were anybody else hyung, you´d be burried six feed under by now already", Jungkook hissed, clutching the glittering blue fabric of his ridiculous skirt, knuckles turned stark white already. Tae just laughed brightly, big red ribbon on his head bobbing up and down at the action.

The younger glared at him. "I hate you."

"No... you don´t."

"No, I don´t", Jungkook huffed. "Which makes it even worse. I´m supposed to hate you for this, this... humilation but nooo, you are Kim Taeyhung of all people and I physically can´t hate you. Why does it always have to be so complicated with you?!" He threw up his arms in an overdramatic gesture.

Just then a boy passed them and snickered, pointing at Jungkook and tugging at his mum´s arm who turned around just to giggle too. Jungkook´s jaw slackened.

"Did-did you just see that?! That was the twelfth kid laughing at me just now. The ing twelfth!" He pointed at the small boy accusingly, his face flaming red both from embarassement and anger.

"Awww, my poor Kookie, suffering so much", Tae cooed, once more hugging the younger and squishing their wide skirts uncomfortably between them in the process.

Jungkook didn´t reciprocate the gesture. "Don´t you 'awww' me now, hyung! I still hate you, remember?"

"But you don´t", the brunet whined. "You don´t, do you?"

"Psssh, whatever."

Jungkook turned his head away to avoid the puppy eye attack directed to him. And like that missed the figure rushing towards them.

"Turned-into-a-princess-lady-hug!" a strange female voice screamed and the next moment a Belle was jumping at both men, squeezing them in a deathly group hug.

"What the , let go, let go, let go", Jungkook pounded at the overexcited woman.

But as answer she only squeezed harder, devilishly smirking up to the raven-head. So Jungkook didn´t see an other way, he forcefully shoved her away from himself. And as she glued herself to his Tae then, he roughly gripped her waist, lifted her up and carried her away like some piece of furniture, setting her down far away from the brunet and, with a last glare over his shoulder, ran back to him.

"What was all that about?", Tae questioned as Jungkook cuddled him in a possessive manner.

"I don´t like skinship", the younger simply said.

"You are literally hugging me just right now tho", the brunet deadpanned.

"Yes, but you are different, hyung. You are the exception. And I didn´t fancy it at first too. Because I dislike skinship generally. Touching other people is ew."

"But I am not 'ew'?"

"No hyung, you are not." At that, he could feel Tae smiling against his skin and it warmed his heart in the best way possible.

Their little moment was interrupted from the vibration of Jungkook´s phone. Yoongi had arrived. Oh joy.

Jungkook slowly detached himself from the brunet until only their hands were joined, like most part of the day. Hand in hand they made for the entrance, a shyly fidgeting and blushing snow white and a still pissed but now tamed cinderella.

True to his word, Yoongi was standing at the gate with a bag in his hands, scanning the small crowd with his usual bored expression. As he beheld the sight of Jungkook strutting towards him in a huge sparkling dress and with a bow on his head his eyes went wide like saucers, mouth falling open. His lips began to quiver. He slowly turned away and crouched down, a small ball shaking with surpressed laughter.

As he´d calmed down enough to get up and finally hand Jungkook the spare clothes, a sh*t-eating grin on his face, one death glare from the younger was enough to keep his mouth shut.

"Don´t you even dare saying something", the youngest threatened in low voice and snatched the bag away. His second pressed his lips tightly together.

"Thanks for coming." And with that, Jungkook his heels and rushed to the toilets, Taehyung in tow.

Fifteen minutes, and Jungkook was wandering around the amusement park together with the brunet and he couldn´t stop smile, couldn´t stop sighing every now and then.

"I feel human again", he exclaimed happily.

Tae in the meanwhile was still busy fumbling at the black hoodie he wore, Jungkook´s black hoodie. The younger´s chest swelled with pride at the sight. Seing the singer wear his clothes was a whole new level of satisfaction. Even more so as Tae seemed to genuinely like his new set of clothes. Jungkook grinned. But again that moment couldn´t hold on for long.

"Look mommy, there are the princess-boys but they aren´t princesses anymore! I like the real princesses better anyway. The cinderella-mister was scary."

"...Taeee...", Jungkook pressed out through gritted teeth. "Can we go to the rollercoaster now? I think I really really need a distraction."

Tae chuckled but didn´t comment the incident any further. Like that, they both found themselves on the wildest ride of their life. The thrill was amazing, adrenaline rushing through Jungkook´s body at every sharp curve, every falling point, every loop. They were still holding hands, arms raised high above their heads and shouting in extasy. Needless to say they went more than once.

After the fifth time it became old though and they decided to see what other attractions were close-by.

Nearest thing was a shady hut. Some ancient, mysterious, haunted... house? They weren´t sure but got in anyway.

Inside was just one empty room. Empty for the decoration, that is. In each corner was placed one candle, illuminating the room just enough to make out contours. There were no windows but on the walls stood some painted paravents and between them bamboo was reaching from floor to ceiling. An earthy smell filled the room, accompanied by the sound of a single shakuhachi flute playing a meditative tune.

Jungkook had his eyes closed to listen to the lonely melody as Tae nudged him to look up. The younger complied and it was only then he saw the animals hanging from the ceiling, made of dark paper and various layers of transparent paper in shades of orange and red attached to it.

And in the glow of the dancind and flickering candle flames it almost looked as if... as if they were alive! Hovering above their heads, silently gliding through a starless night, lurking in trees and watching... Jungkook didn´t know how to feel about it. The whole thing was unsettling and kind of disturbing - but only kind of. At the same time it was calming, soothing. And that, Jungkook realized, that was the twist about it.

One couldn´t decide what to feel, whether the setting was creating an atmosphere of uneasiness or rather meditative calmness or if it was actually none of those things. In a way, it was even more than those haunted house attractions. Because there one knew how to feel, what to expect but here it was neither this nor that and the visitor was stuck in uncertainity about his own emotions. Jungkook silently paid credit to whoever had come up with the concept. 

Then he looked down at Tae again who was still glancing up to the ceiling. The dim candle light gave his skin an amber and russet glow and his face was all impossibly soft curves. Jungkook´s eyes darted to the brunet´s lips which had taken a dark brownish-red shade and looked so smooth... as smooth as they´d felt against his fingers. Jungkook wanted to feel it again, wanted to feel more.

He didn´t think any further - thinking was such a nuisance when Tae was this close - and let his thumb draw the line of Tae´s lower lip. The brunet´s head snapped down at the touch and with wide eyes he stared at Jungkook as he went very very still. Jungkook dragged his index finger across Tae´s upper lip, traced the outline. He watched in amazement how the lower lip curved as he pressed his thumb against it, how the blood rushed back as he let go.

So soft... how can his lips be so soft when he keeps them all the time?

He dragged his finger along those velvet lips again, savouring how they felt against him. Tae´s mouth fell open slightly and Jungkook could feel his breath on his hand as he went for another round tracing the shape of the brunet´s lips. The younger didn´t allow his digits to slip in and explore the inside of Tae´s inviting mouth. He was positive he couldnt´ve handle it. It was becoming too much already.

Jungkook leaned in until their noses touched, his breath going ragged. They remained just like that, chests heaving and sharing heavy breath, the hot air passing from one to the other. And maybe it was just his imagination but Jungkook could´ve sworn he could taste Tae´s breath on his tongue. Sparks of electricity were passing between them, drawing them in and the younger tilted his head ever so slightly until their lips were brushing, a ghost of a sensation setting him on fire...

Gripping Tae´s shoulders harshly, Jungkook shoved the brunet away. Then he spun around and lept to the closest wall, banging his head against it.

Taehyung remained frozen in his spot. "Jung...kookie?", he whispered insecurely.

Jungkook groaned in response. "Gosh, Tae... You have no idea how bad I want to kiss you right now. It´s driving me mad." He inhaled sharply. "I need fresh air..." Before he´d even ended the sentence he was already out.

Tae kept staring blankly at the spot were Jungkook had been moments ago. At one high screeching note of the flute still playing he came back to reality. The singer scrambled out of the hut and was already close to freaking out because he didn´t know how long he´d spaced out and how was he supposed to find Jungkook? But there was the raven-head, sitting on the ground and leaning against the house´s outer wall.

As he noticed the brunet staring at him like some rare reptile Jungkook smiled up to him sheepishly, scratching his head. "Ah, sorry about that, hyung..."

But Tae shook his head to stop him from apologizing further. "It´s alright", he assured even though they both knew it was not. Then he got shy again. "Uhm, so... I heard they have a really cool and huge ferris wheel here and... so... yeah..." He hid the flushed face behind his hands.

Jungkook didn´t have words for that sweet and cute behavior.

Oh my god, shy Taehyung is a concept I love to the moon and back!

And on cue, his Blessing stirred. As if remembering the last and first time Jungkook had witnessed Tae hiding behind his own hands in embarassement. The day where hell had broken loose after he´d gotten cheesecake from the brunet. Where he´d been frighteningly close to dying.

Stop! Stop thinking about it. You are alive, aren´t you? And for the Blessing... shut the up you strange alien power, I´m on a date and busy.

Jungkook smiled as if everything was okay. Because it was. He wouldn´t let anything ruin his day, least his stupid Blessing. It could go to hell for all he cared. Nobody was gonna die today by his hands - or more specifically power.

"Let´s search the ferris wheel then, hyung", he beamed and took the bright red brunet´s hand. Their hands were fitting so well into each other Jungkook thought it was naturally and they were supposed to hold hands for the rest of their lives now, being cheesy and all.

Finding said ferris wheel was no big deal because apparently Taehyung had been right - it was huge.

Freaking huge! Big enough and with so many cars hanging on it the line of people waiting there was constantly moving and never got long. It took less than five minutes until it was their turn and Jungkook and Taehyung climbed in a car together. There would´ve been enough space for four people but Jungkook was quick to close the door before anybody else could enter. And off they went. The brunet didn´t question his rude behavior which was unusual but Tae once more was preoccupied with being shy.

Gosh, I wish I had my camera with me now...

Careful not to upset the other, Jungkook peeled Tae´s hands from his face.

"Tae... you know you can tell me everything, right?" , the younger murmured, thumbs gently caressing the hands he held down, stopping them from shooting up and covering the brunet´s face again.

Tae nodded slowly.

"Or you don´t have to tell me anything if you don´t want to. But... I´m here."

The brunet shook his head. "No, it´s just, I, uhm..."

He stumbled over the words, suddenly eager to say something and assure Jungkook he wanted to talk to him, wanted to tell him what was on his mind. "Y´know, the problem is not that I trust you because I really do but... it´s so embarassing to say out loud." Tae sighed.

The younger nodded encouragingly, signalling him to go on. The slow rattle of the ferris wheel was for a moment the only sound in the car. But eventually, Tae manned up.

"So, you said that you want to... well... kiss me. God, I feel like a right now and it´s only because of you", he groaned, tugging at Jungkook´s hands to free his own and hide again but without effort.

"A-and, I just thought... I mean, kissing is nice and I would love to kiss you too but... it doesn´t... have to be... the mouth, right? Like, you kissed me on the forehead that time in the hospital and actually that felt... very... nice... and I didn´t die from it so I thought maybe, uhm..." He couldn´t end the sentence as he was about to explode by now. 

Jungkook lovingly cupped the brunet´s red face in his hands, locking eyes with him. "Hyung... this is nothing to be embarassed about. You like me kissing your forehead. So what? There´s nothing wrong about it. Don´t be affraid saying such things. And in case it helps you", he guided Tae´s head to his chest. "I´m just as nervous as you. Because it´s you. But that is okay, it is alright. Also because it´s you."

He chuckled as Tae muttered a soft "Wow", ear pressed against his chest and listening to Jungkook´s galloping heart.

"Kookie, that´s crazy! How are you still alive with your heart beating this fast?"

"I ask myself the same question every time I meet you", Jungkook sighed dramatically.

The brunet stared at him in disbelief. "What, for real?!"

Jungkook nodded seriously. "Yes, for real. It´s always like that if you are around. That´s what love does to people, I guess."

And he could see Tae practically melting infront of his eyes. The rattle moved to the back of Jungkook´s awareness unless there was only the sound of Tae´s quickening breath and his own wildly beating heart left.

The younger closed the distance, brushing away the silken bangs and laid his lips on Tae´s forehead. Lingered for a while, just like the first time. Then he moved slowly downwards, brushing the straight nose bridge and placing a peck on the tip of Tae´s perfectly formed nose. Earning a breathy giggle. Jungkook smiled. He ran a finger down the brunet´s nose again.

"Such a wonderful nose, hyung", he murmured.

Leaned in to trace the brunet´s strong eyebrows with his lips, Tae´s eyes fluttering shut at the sensation. "So magnificient and expressive eyebrows."

He placed a peck on both closed eyelids, first the left then the right one. "I love your eyes. You have no idea how much I love your unique eyes when different emotions are dancing in them, when they go wide because you are excited, when they turn into a whole caleidoscope under the sun, when you stare at me and I feel like being stripped , like you can see right into my soul. So astonishing."

Jungkook pulled away slightly and took one of Tae´s hands. One after another he placed the whisper of a kiss on each fingerpad.

"God, and your hands", he groaned. "I freaked out about you for the first time because of those. So big, so well-formed, so graceful. I swear, your hands are going to be the death to me."

Even more so as Tae caressed Jungkook´s cheek with this very hand. Jungkook loosened a shuddering breath. Those long fingers wandering his face were sending hot sparks through him like tiny New year´s sparklers. He tilted his head and placed another kiss on Tae´s palm, looking at the brunet through his lashes. Who watched him in awe, eyes wide and mouth hanging open.

Damn, this mouth...

Jungkook´s hands twitched. All he wanted to do now was gripping the brunet´s neck and pulling him in for a kiss, a real kiss. But- sh*t, ! He opted for guiding Tae´s head back to rest on his shoulder again. It felt so right Jungkook decided for himself that Tae´s head officially belonged there. He absentmindedly threaded his fingers through the light brown strands, the singer humming and holding onto him tightly.

And like that their ride with the ferris wheel ended, both men stumbling out of the car as they were chased away to make place for the next ones.

An arm thrown around the giggling Tae, Jungkook strolled past the line of waiting people as if he was being thrown out somewhere for cuddling too long on a daily basis.

"Alright, where next?"

The young Blessed glanced at his watch. "Hmmm... it´s getting late. Let´s search a plan and choose one more attraction, okay?"

"Okaaaay~"

A plan of the amusement park was found fast and a decision met even faster ("Oh my gawd, Hyung, they have a mirror house, I´ve never been in a mirror house! Can we go there? Pleasepleaseplease!" "...Hell yeah!"). To the mirror house Jungkook wanted, to the mirror house they went. 

It was hilarious. Jungkook cackled as he saw one particular reflection of the brunet. "Pffft, hyung... you look like a ball with hands. Taeball. Or Tae-pumpkin. No wait - now I know! You are Wario! Only the beard is missing. Does that make you 'Tario' then?" He smirked.

Tae pouted mockingly. "Oh yeah? You are one to speak, Jungparagus!" Then his face lit up. "Waaah, do you see that wavy mirror over there? Let´s go, let´s go, let´s go!"

They both aligned infront of said mirror. Jungkook gasped. "Oh my god! We look like... like..."

"Like. Minced. From. A. Magician", The other forced out under loud laughter. He wasn´t that wrong.

They fouled around some more - "Kookie, look, if I´m standing in this corner I have six nose holes!" ... "Divers beware, I´m Jungkoctopus!" ... "My long-lost twenty twin-brothers, finally we meet again~" - and savely made their way through the whole mirror house.

As they came to the last room there was nothing but one giant common mirror. They both took the opportunity to savour the view, the view of them, of Jungkook back-hugging Taehyung who wore a serene smile, their hands intertwined.

"It´s my turn to brag about your looks now, I guess..."

"Hyung, you really don´t-"

"Shush, let me speak! First off, your skin. You have so soft, fair skin. I always want to touch. What do you think why I´m so extremely touchy with you? I want to feel you on me, preferably always." The brunet made a point his hand creeping inside one of Jungkook´s sleeves and the younger´s arm.

Jungkook was hit by a wave of heat, a thousand needles piercing his skin where Tae had touched. "You too", he rasped. "So tender skin, such a nice tan... wanna paint my room in that color."

The elder hummed in acknowledgement before he went on.

"And you are so strong. My Superkookie. You might be even stronger than Jiminie and he is ridiculously strong for his size. Don´t think I haven´t noticed." He clutched Jungkook´s biceps. "I think I glimpsed abs too. But honestly, the worst are those thighs of yours. Why do you have to wear tight pants so often, do you want me to die or what?" Now as Tae had begun rambling he couldn´t stop anymore. "Next your hair! Gosh, I could write songs about your beautiful thick black locks."

He reached up to ruffle Jungkook´s hair. "And then... then there is the matter of your eyes."

Tae sighed as he held the dark gaze in the mirror. "You praised my eyes so much earlier but have you ever looked at yourself? Seriously! I don´t really know how to put it but... your eyes, they me in. People say the eyes are the windows to a person´s soul. However, when you look at me I feel like I´m free-falling in a whole new galaxy."

Jungkook just kept staring at the remark, his pupils blown wide and unconsciously, his grip tightened.

"I love it when you look at me like that", Tae whispered with breaking voice.

"Like what?"

"Like... like you want to consume me. Like I´m the only thing in the world, the only one that matters and you see nothing else."

"You are", Jungkook assured, pressing his nose against the singer´s neck, inhaling deeply the scent that screamed 'Tae', at the juncture. "You are my world." He nosed up the back of the brunet´s neck until his teeth caught Tae´s earlobe and slightly pulled at it. His hands were already roaming the lithe body beneath.

"My everything", he breathed in Tae´s ear, making him shudder. Jungkook pressed closer, dotting his jawline with sloppy kisses and enjoying how the brunet arched in his touch with half-closed eyes. One particular had the older man and god, Jungkook ing loved that sound. He felt his pants getting uncomfortably tight as-

"Ladies and gentlemen, the amusement park is closing in fifteen minutes. Please head to the exit slowly. We hope you enjoyed your stay and come back soon..."

 

They both jumped at the loud announcement, Taehyung screeching.

Way to kill the mood.

Jungkook ran a hand over his face.

Thing about Yoongi-hyung. Yoongi pointing Jenny at you. Yup, definitely a -killer. 

"Alright, hyung... let´s go." He stretched out a hand for Tae to grab and together they left the mirror house, both equally flushed.

Jungkook still had too much energy pent up though. So on their way to the exit he spontaneously stopped at a target-throwing stand and fired the small balls with all his strength at the aims, winning a big plush tiger from the whimpering worker.

"Uhm... here. You can have it." He shoved it against Tae.

Smooth Jungkook, very very smooth.

"Th-thank you", the stunned brunet stuttered. "Wow, so fluffy..."

They made it out in time. But it was a close call. And as they were sitting in the train on their way back, cuddled together and a nice day coming to an end while Tae kept exlaiming 'Best date ever!'... Jungkook whole-eartedly aggreed.

"So... hyung...", he fumbled with his earplugs. "I know this has been only our first date but... I mean... are we...to-together now?" Every word was quieter and higher than the one before. Jungkook gulped.

"Jeon Jungkook! I am seriously offended here. Did you really just ask me that?"

"...Y-yes?", he squeaked.

"And they call me dense... I shall tell Jiminie-pabo about this." Tae shook his head. "Of course we are, silly!" He grinned his wide rectangular smile and Jungkook couldn´t do a thing as his mouth turned upwards and he smiled too, smiled so much his cheeks hurt. Indeed, 'perfect' was a very fitting description for the day. At that moment Jungkook gave not a damn about his Blessing because they both had it made alive through the whole day with all its up´s and down´s. They would figure it out. It would be okay.

Jungkook hummed his song from earlier again, the brunet´s hair and lulling him to sleep while he watched the sun setting. They would be fine. With that certainity, Jungkook leaned in to place one more tender kiss on the crown of Tae´s head...

...and they lived happily ever after.

 

 


Two quite strange things happened to me recently here. First, in the section between the chapters and comments I saw an advertisement for my own story. It felt... awkward to say the least. I don´t really know how this happened too. Second, I read through some previous chapters of this story and I was like... oh, so that´s how I wrote this? Wait, chapter 28, were do 28 chapters come from, waaaait, this has been 10 chapters prior, wtf what did I even do here?! 

On that note, special thanks to ELFSonal and ParkMisun for staying with me through the story and not getting tired of commenting the sweetest things. I purple you!

Of course I am forever thankful for every other comment because every single one makes my day. I scrolled through the comments of this story today and I almost cried. THANK YOU!