chapter 29

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

It was the first time Hoseok and Jimin went out to get new supplies.

Jungkook was glad he was alone for once. He had stayed behind and kept contact with his second. Yoongi didn´t report anything concerning in regards of Tae except him staying at home a lot. But the brunet still gave concerts and rumors had it he was working on a new tape too.

So yes, Jungkook was glad Tae didn´t do something stupid like searching for his best friend. Or getting himself in any other trouble. Though a tiny part of the younger wished it would be different. Wished Tae would show somehow how he was affected by the sudden leave of Jungkook and Jimin. Scratch that, a huge part of him secretly wished for it. He wanted Tae to show how much both of them - how much Jungkook - meant to him and how he missed them. And he felt guilty for that wish because if Tae would ever do such a thing he would be in danger.

Because rumors had it that the client wasn´t as laid-back as Tae.

The person who wanted to see Jimin dead for his knowledge and influence at society was hiring new assassins. According to Yoongi many of them had declined the offer so far, maybe they heard the target had been Jungkook´s at first. And people in his business roughly knew each other, knew their boundaries. The small group around Jungkook had held its ground so far, they were not known personally but as a strange and lurking presence. Since they had fought for their place amongt other murderers and established it the others had respected and feared them.

Only very few had dared to risk Jungkook´s and Yoongi´s wrath (mostly not Hoseok´s but if things got really bad and the forger´s friends were in vain, well, then you really did not want to be on his bad side). Those reckless idiots all had learned their lesson on the hard way which in the end had only strengthened Jungkook´s position. To make it short, people thought twice before accepting a job originally belonging to him.

Just three other assassins had accepted it so far. From one both Jungkook and Yoongi never heard of, a newbie possibly so he wouldn´t be the real threat. The two others though they knew and they were said to be quite good. Jungkook did avoid to mess with them so far. One was a small woman with cold eyes and sharp brain, called the Viper. She seemingly didn´t make a move yet which irritated Jungkook a lot but his second assured him he had an eye on her. The other one was a man going by RDX who was said to be wicked and impulsive. He was currently searching for Jimin like a madman but to no avail yet.

Yoongi spent much time to keep that one busy.

Just now his second informed him RDX was walking up and down the sewerage system of a neighboor town, taking the subtle bait. But Jungkook was past the point of serious concentration. His Blessing was getting at him real bad. Had he ignored the symptoms out of dire tiredness and because he already had his fair share of near-death experiences? Well yeah, maybe. Now he had to face the consequences as his Blessing hit him like a train. 

The laptop went crashing down on the ground as Jungkook fell of the chair. His breath was ragged and shallow and from one second to another cold sweat pearled down his forehead, neck and back. He clutched one hand at his chest, the other arm wrapped around his stomach as he curled into a ball. Sh*t! Not again! 

But this time one thing was different: Jungkook was in the middle of nowhere, all alone. So maybe he could still fight back?

His voice did betray him first, only high-pitched gasps and yelps leaving his mouth. After several minutes filled with pain, with harsh pants and what felt like small explosions beneath his chest ripping him apart his efforts paid off. Broken words tumbled from his lips. And he began to sing.

Singing as loud as he could, roaring the words out into the world with almost unrecognizable melody. The wind leaving him threw down the chair, knocked several books from the shelf and pushed the nasty couch against the wall. Parts of the former laptop flew around. It was a good thing there were no windows or else they might´ve been crashed by now too. All the while there was Jungkook cowering at the ground and screaming songs from the bottom of his lungs in the middle of the raging storm. 

Eventually, he got better. After some minutes, an hour or maybe an eternity the pain became bearable again. Jungkook took a break. Now everything left from him was a whimpering pathetic mess. Hugging his legs in a death grip he rocked back and forth. 

"I can´t--- I can´t anymore", he wailed.

The immense exhaustion, those lies in his hyungs´ faces each and every day, the concern about Tae´s and Jimin´s safety, being caged in like an animal, his Blessing which he hated so much - it had simply been too much. Still was too much to bear for him. All of those things regarded alone were already taking a considerable toll to his body and mind but everything together, at the same time... It was too much. He wasn´t strong enough. He couldn´t do this any longer. Didn´t want to anymore.

He was burnt empty. 

"Please make it stop, anyone, please make it stop", he weakly begged against the floor.

"I don´t--- I can´t, I---" The oh-so-strong Jeon Jeongguk was a crying wreck. 

Then from one second to another there were strong arms, wrapping around him from behind and filling him with warmth.

Jungkook screeched. "Wha---"

"Shhhh~ it´s gonna be okay", Jimin mumbled against his back. "You are not alone. Everything will be alright."

"S-since when are you here?!"

There was a muffled snort.

"I never left in the first place, pabo. Hoseok-hyung and I decided this morning it would be more safe for me to stay as I am the one being chased. You even were in the same room. Did you not catch any of it?"

Jungkook just shook his head.

"Wow", the blond laughed. "You´re really off, huh?"

His small fingers were drawing calming patterns on the younger´s arms. Time went by and Jungkook still didn´t calm down much. So Jimin decided to move positions. Now he was crouching infront of the distressed younger, pressing his head against his chest and holding him tight. That was much better.

Jungkook´s whimpers and pleas for help died down to some hiccups and sniffs. He apologized again and again at Jimin for having to witness that side of him. But just as he thought 'that´s it for now' his Blessing signalled him it wasn´t quite done with him yet. With wavering voice and hiccups interrupting him Jungkook started to sing anew.

He sang every ballad from Tae he knew, soothing himself. A constant breeze kept shards and bits and pieces of the laptop dancing around.

After some time Jungkook´s voice didn´t falter anymore. And he kept singing until he was sure it would be enough for a while.

"So your Relief is singing", Jimin stated as he was done. Something like admiration coating his words. "And you have a really beautiful voice. I´m actually pretty sure it would go along with Tae-tae´s voice well. Whoaaa~ it can´t be a coincidence you are both singing so nice..."

Jungkook shifted around uncomfortably. Though he did like the idea of singing together with the amazing brunet. Which of course would never happen.

"Uhm, so what´s your Relief then?", he tried to change the topic rather desparately.

The blond´s eyes darted around. "I, uh... I... do I need to answer this?"

"Dude, you just witnessed me crashing the whole floor with my Relief while having another huge low so yes", Jungkook deadpanned.

Jimin sighed. "Okay, okay. My Relief is... well... writing."

Jungkook barked a bitter laugh. "Unbelievable! And let me guess, what you are writing about are all those truths you learn with your Blessing so in fact both your Blessing and Relief are essential for your job."

"Uh..."

"Wow." The younger shook his head. "So that´s what Tae meant as he said you use your Relief pretty well..." He scrunched his brows. "That reminds me... does he know? Tae? That you are a Blessed? Or do you hide it because he doesn´t like us wind machines or something?"

"Of course he knows, duh! He always covers me if I introduce myself as an Average to safe my sorry ! There are no secrets between us, we are besties, remember? Not big secrets at least... And he doesn´t hate Blessed per se. It depends. He moreover is mallcontent with the whole system. But I can assure you he doesn´t and would never hate you if that makes you sleep better."

Jungkook hummed. How did the author know this was what bothered him all the time?

"Oh please, you are so obvious in matters of Tae-tae!" Jimin lazily waved a hand.

"Can you read minds now too or what?"

The blond only grinned.

"Whatever, let´s clean up before Hoseok-hyung comes back."

"Ugh!"

 


Hoseok´s jaw dropped past the floor as he came back. They were not even half done with tidying up.

Jimin giggled brightly at the expression on the red-head´s face.

"So basically poor Jungkookie here had a mental and blessical breakdown and I comforted him and now we are cleaning up", he piped up.

"Bu-but you have gotten better!" Hoseok accusingly but more confused pointed a finger at the youngest.

Who sighed deeply. "Hyung, I was never even close to getting better. I haven´t been sleeping and 'doing well' since the day you exclaimed I´m going too often in the lower room and you are concerned."

Only as both his hyungs´ eyes widened in disbelief he realized he had said it out loud.

Sh*t! ! This was supposed to be an as-if-I-would-tell-you-that thing. I´m really screwed up if I can´t even distinct the speaches in my head from the things I actually say...

"But that´s been weeks ago!", Hoseok shrieked.

In the meanwhile Jimin had gotten closer, staring with half-closed eyes at Jungkook. He then reached out and rubbed Jungkook´s skin under his eyes with his thumb. Revealing part of a huge black circle. 

"Oh my god", he gasped. "I-I had no idea..."

Jungkook turned away, trying to hide it but Jimin grabbed his head and with his long sleeve rubbed away all the makeup on his face. Hoseok took in a sharp breath as he saw the whole disaster of the condition Jungkook was in. Both hyungs exchanged a worried look.

"You are going to bed right now", they ordered unisono. 

It was that moment Jungkook remembered how extremely tired he indeed was. Without an other word he dragged himself to their sleeping chamber, fell onto the matress and closed his eyes.

 


As Jungkook finally woke up he noticed two things: one, he felt wonderfully refreshed. Two, he was dying from hunger. Blinking the sleep away he made for the kitchen.

"Welcome back to the living", Hoseok chirped and laughed at the youngest´s drowsiness, squeezing Jungkook in a tight hug. As he let go there was already standing Jimin with two loaded plates in his hands and urging Jungkook to take a seat.

"Here, eat, eat, eat~"

He hadn´t to be told twice.

Jungkook´s eyes widened in surprise as he saw Hoseok taking a picture of him digging in and typing something on his smartphone.

"Aah eeh aoued do use hones awan?" (Are we allowed to use phones again?) he asked around a mouthful of rice.

"Oh yes, you were already knocked out back then."

"Wait", Jungkook hold up a hand and swallowed. "Back then? How long did I sleep?!"

"Almost four days", Jimin exclaimed, hopping up and down and giggling like a child. "And whoa you were snoring!"

"Wha-- was not!"

"Were too~"

"To answer your former question", Hoseok interrupted the bickering "yes. Actually I got a new laptop along with tap- and track-proof phones. Yoongi-hyung wanted us to change our possibly trackable equipment once in a while anyway. I really didn´t know whether to laugh or to cry as Jiminie showed me what you left from our laptop and I already had a supply in my bag. In a way you saved me a step of work."

He laughed. "And now I´ll send this adorable picture to Yoongi-hyung and inform him you are alive again."

"...okay..." Jungkook mumbled. This was all a bit too much for him being barely five minutes awake after four days of sleep.

 


"Oh my god, the phone is ringing and it´s not Yoongi-sshi´s contact, what do I do?!" Jimin screeched. Apparently it was his turn to watch the phone as Hoseok was in the bathroom and Jungkook was busy doing the dishes.

"Answer it, duh!" , came the irritated response from the raven-head in the kitchen.

"O-okay." With trembling hands Jimin took the phone and pressed the button. "H-hello?"

"Minie?"

"Tae-tae?!"

"Ohmygosh, you are alive! I was worried dead here! Were the hell are you and why did you go without a word you huge pabo?!"

Jungkook had almost dropped a plate. In the blink of an eye he was standing right next to Jimin, leaning in to catch every word, drink in the distorted voice of the brunet he missed so much.

"I-I could´t, Tae-tae. I am really really sorry but I couldn´t tell you anything..." Jimin kept apologizing and begging for forgiveness for five minutes straight until his best friend cut him off.

"Jeez, calm down! I´m just happy you are alright."

Jungkook poked the author´s shoulder. "Ask him if he´s alright too. If he is sleeping well and eating enough and stuff", he whispered to Jimin. Not quiet enough though.

"Wait--- is that Jungkookie I hear there?"

Jimin shot him an alarmed yet questioning look. "I, uh, so how do you know this phone number, Tae-tae?"

On the other end Tae huffed. "Some stranger gave it to me and said I should call the saved number. Very cool guy. But scary and kinda... dunno. Strange. More or less as big as you, almost white hair and with an intimidating aura around him. But somehow he rocks. I don´t really know how to explain it."

'Yoongi', Jungkook mouthed at the confused author who hadn´t seen his second so far. 

"So basically you took a phone from somebody you never met before and did as you were told? Tae-tae, you are way too reckless for your own good!", Jimin scolded his best friend although being happy to talk to him again.

There was a short silence before the singer replied with small voice. "But there was a possibility it was connected to you. It could´ve been from your kidnappers and if I called they would´ve told me their conditions for letting you go or something like that. I would´ve known if you are still alive. Hyung, do you even know how much I miss you? How worried I was and still am? Where are you?"

Jungkook violently shook his head at him.

"Please, I need you to understand I can´t tell you anything. I am chased by people trying to kill me and if I reveal anything they could torture you for getting the information or maybe they are already hearing our conversation now and would come at me straight. And as much as I value your company and friendship I value my life too and I don´t want to say anything endangering us..."

Jungkook covered the phone with one hand. "That´s enough", he hissed.

"WHAT?!" The shout was clearly audible even through Jungkook´s hand. "Why the ing hell didn´t you tell me?!? I could have helped you!"

Jimin frantically scrambled for anything harmless he could reply. "So uh, did you know Jungkookie has a very beautiful voice?"

They heard Tae in a sharp breath. As he spoke again his voice was much colder than before. "I see. You are with Jungkook, huh? Having fun the both of you while I am dead-worried? Being at it and enjoying yourselves a lot? I thought I knew you better. both of you. the world! I´m done!" And he hang up.

Jimin stared at the silent device in his hand, tears welling in his eyes. "What have I done?"

 


Jungkook couldn´t sleep. He was worried sick about Tae. His gut feeling was telling him there was something wrong. And his gut feeling was mostly right. As he got a message of his second stating Tae was wandering around and loudly cursing at trees he couldn´t take it any longer. 

"Hyung", he whispered, shaking Hoseok´s shoulder. "I´m going back. Something is off with Tae."

"Mmmmmh, yeah, and mine with whipped cream", the forger mumbled and turned around, cuddling with coala-Min some more.

"..." 

it! Jungkook wrote a short message on a sticky note then texted Yoongi. Ten minutes later he sat in the car, license plate changed, and drew back to his town, back to Tae at high-speed.

 

 


So first of all I want thank you for your kind and sweet comments and for staying with me. Thank you so much! I love you all!!!

Second, I want to cry about the second episode of Burn the stage. I just hope BTS is taking care of themselves. now.. And honestly, if I would ever go to one of their concerts I wouldn´t mind some breaks inbetween if that means they are taking a proper rest. Please don´t over do it! Think of yourselves too!

And lastly, I want to apologize for sometimes getting distracted at writing lol. Hope you don´t mind too much. The whole first half of this chapter was based on my note "JK is having a mental breakdown and JM is comforting him". And look what happened ^^;

*mumble* ...so next chapter I´m gonna try to write ... phew!