chapter 26

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Jungkook wasn´t running away. No, he definitely wasn´t.

Running away was almost the same as giving up and 'giving up' was not part of Jungkook´s vocabulary. So no, he wasn´t avoiding his task to kill Jimin or instead get close enough for entrusting him with the truth.

He just happened to like photography. That was the sole reason he hadn´t made any move in regard to the saving/killing Jimin matter. Not because he didn´t have the guts. Which idiot is affraid of making friends and getting closer? Or of meeting his big love again who happens to be around the supposed-to-be-closer friend? Jeon Jeongguk? No way! That wasn´t the case. Let´s just pretend it wasn´t, okay?

The whole day he was strolling through the city, shooting everything that caught his interest. An old rotten bench in sepia, an abandoned building with obscuring effect, some sparrows bathing in a puddle, abstract sculptures in oversaturation and whatnot. His cellphone was switched off. If anything really important was going on, Yoongi had his ways to reach him. For now, the young Blessed was fully focused on photography. He didn´t shoot people though. Nobody else did Tae justice.

It was becoming dark and Jungkook contemplated heading home. That was, until he noticed an advertisement. In the masses of other advertisements it was noticeable thanks to its simpleness. Whilst everything around was colorful, with bold letters and bubbly pictures shouting 'Notice me!' and 'In your face!' at the passerbies, that one particular one was monochrome, only showing a head´s silhouette infront of white smoke. In the lower corners were a time and place written. 

Symplicity indeed can be a nice stylistic advice, Jungkook thought at first. And then he noticed the real reason he liked the ad. , that´s Tae! This is about a concert. And it´s... in half an hour!

All his thoughts about avoiding the task at hand (and Tae) flew out the window. The raven-head rushed to the nearest train station and made for the location mentioned on the ad. He didn´t even notice the people squeezing him in the train. All that mattered was him getting to that concert. He barely made it on time. Panting heavily and the camera still around his neck, he bought the last ticket.

It was a seat in the last row. Well, as long as I am here...

And then the lights went off and Tae already entered the stage. Jungkook pouted. He couldn´t see the singer at all from his place. Damn! Frustrated, he shifted in his seat, leaning to the left and to the right for a better view until the man next to him slapped his knee while glaring at him. Jungkook fell back with a deep sigh into his sh*tty seat. After some thinking he settled for closing his eyes and concentrating on the music only. And god, was he thankful for his decision! Although he should know this by now the different songs amazed him. Tae never failed to enchant him - be it as a singer and composer or as a human being in general. 

His body relaxed and tensed at the same time in an odd but good way as he allowed himself to get lost in the music. Jungkook got carried away to the the fantastical world of mist in the woods tae created with his deep, soulful and melancholic voice. The journey brought him to a city of steam and fog, hiding itself behind masks as the brunet´s voice turned raspy. Next, it was breaking on purpose, creating an unsettling atmosphere and Jungkook found he stood on the rim of a smoking active volcano. Then the keys got higher, the song changed from minor to major and Jungkook was diving through clouds. As the speed slowed down, he sank down from the sky to lay in a field during dusty morning hours. He could almost feel the slight wetness on his skin.

It was unbelievable! Jungkook had never experienced that while listening to music. You truly are a miracle, Tae. And Jungkook now understood perfectly fine why the advertisement had shown white smoke.

He dwelled in the music and its magic the whole performance. But as soon as the lights in the audience room were switched on, he shot up and rushed out of the room. Getting backstage was a piece of cake, he had had a task here once and remembered the way. During that time he had worked on the concert house for a short time so the workers and guards didn´t stop him as he entered the 'personal only' area. In opposite, they greeted him friendly and even tried to engage him in a conversation about how he was doing now. Trying not to be too rude, the young Blessed continued his way and didn´t let himself be stopped.

And then he reached his destiny, that one point uniting all strings and drawing him in. Tae sat laid back in a chair with closed eyes and sweat glistening on his skin, in his hair. His breath was still going heavy.

Jungkook took in the sight, wanted to keep the picture forever, that new side of Tae. He felt a bit dumb as he remembered he could indeed keep it. The raven-head lifted up his camera and took some pictures. As he took a close-up of the dripping hair on the brunet´s neck and the shutter went off right next to Tae´s ear, his eyes snapped open.

The singer was obviously confused as he spotted Jungkook kneeling to his side. His puzzlement was just too cute.

"You should´ve told me about your concert tonight, dude", the younger greeted him cheekily, nudging his side.

Tae just beamed at him. "Kookie~!" He made grabby movements with his hands and after a moment of hesitation Jungkook moved to get hugged by him. He prayed the other didn´t notice his slight shiver or how stiff he was.

Their little moment was interrupted as some stylist tripped and emptied a coffee mug above Jungkook with a high-pitched screech. His whole back was soaked with the brown bitter liquid. ! Great! Now he had another reason to dislike coffee. It tasted horrible, way too bitter to drink, smelled very strong and made dark stains. Gratefully, the coffee wasn´t brewing hot anymore or else Jungkook really might´ve jumped at the stylist. She apologized and bowed again and again as the Blessed was hovering above her, clenching and unclenching his hands to fists. Maybe he really looked as livid as he felt because Tae calmingly patted his shoulder.

"There there, it´s not the end of the world. You can just put on a jacket and change at home." Jungkook calmed down a bit.

"Oh, I know! Can I come with you? I never saw your home, Kookie! That would be so cool! Can I come?"

Wait what.

Jungkook whirled around, the clumsy stylist completely forgotten. There was no way he let Tae get near his home. His home literally was the head quarter of his murderous little gang, the place where they coordinated all their killing task. He would not bring the singer there no matter how much he begged. Not in a thousand years.

An idea popped up in his head how to save his .

"But hyung, then I can´t meet Jimin-hyung at all", he whined. "I really want to see him again, he is probably at your place now, right? Can I come over to you instead?"

At that, the singer´s expression visibly darkened. Hadn´t Jungkook known it better he would´ve said Tae was jealous.

"Fine", Tae snapped, grabbed his things and stormed off. For the whole way to his appartment he didn´t look Jungkook in the eyes. Jungkook was hurting. He knew his excited-idiot-in-love mask was not convincing at all right now but it didn´t matter, Tae didn´t see it anyway. And that hurt even more.

 


What should I say, sorry for the lame and short chapter. I felt it would be better to split it up in two parts. And tbh I don´t have it in my to write a long- chapter right now. I will continue writing tomorrow so the other half will be out in the following days. 

Btw I don´t drink coffee either so I really can relate to Tae and Kookie in the last run episode ^^; Which is quite funny bc at work all of us four volunteers don´t drink coffee but we have to clean the coffee machine. The deal is supposed to be we get one coffee for free every day and clean the thing in return but for us it doesn´t work out to our advances... well, however. There are worse problems. Enjoy your weekend ^^