chapter 38

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

"...and they lived happily ever after?"

Wait, wait, wait! No. No, they didn´t. Not long at least.

Everything was peachy for only a moment.

With whatever sixth sense Seokjin had he´d called Jungkook the very evening of their date, asking how it was going with the guy who kept messing up his Blessing. 

"Spill the beans! Are you finally a thing? Or do you need some advices from hyung how to date your crush? I have a break at two pm tomorrow, you could swing by and we´d have a chit-chat about that Tae. Come-on, talk to me already, I´m dying!"

Jungkook pinched his nose. He had no idea how his doctor/observer/whatever mother bear just knew!

"Yeah, I... we are a thing, I guess", he admitted, warmth spreading in his core as he said it out loud and he couldn´t help the smile splitting his face.

He looked down fondly at the brunet´s head resting on his lap, Tae sleeping unfazed by the phone call going on above him. As they´d gotten out of the train with sleepiness making their movements slow and drowsy from the long cuddling, Tae had just refused to part ways and made good use of his large hands to grab Jungkook´s wrist and pull him along, guide them to the apartment he shared with Jimin.

Like that Jungkook had ended up staying over night. Not that he minded as he got to thread his fingers through the singer´s soft brown strands to his heart´s content, leaning down to place a peck on his nose ever so often.

He was drifting off in his dreamland namely Kim Taehyung as Seokjin found his voice again.

"ing finally!"

Jungkook flinched at the loud voice and looked down at his hyung in alarm. Tae just snuggled closer but his eyes remained shut. The younger loosened a relieved sigh. 

"Hyung, do you have to be that loud? Don´t you have to bother somebody else?" He just wanted to end the damn phone call, pull Tae in his arms and succumb to the best slumber he´d ever had.

"Yes I do", his hyung retorted snidely. "This is a god-damned festive occiassion close to a wonder that you finally grew some balls and asked him out or the other way around, whatever. Now you better text me your ing adress so I can come over and cook something worthy the celebration of you finally getting together, do you even know how many grey hairs I got in the past weeks beause of you, you brat?!"

The opportunity was to good to let it slide. "But you´re old, old people just get grey hair." 

"Jeon ing Jungkook, you little sh*t, I am going to MINCE you tomorrow!"

Jungkook smirked. "Alright, see you tomorrow, then. Make some lamb skewers too. G´night~"

As he tilted his head back down, dark coffee brown eyes stared up to him with amusement and curiosity dancing in them. Jungkook´s evil smirk morphed to a tender little smile in a split-second.

"Sorry, hyung. Didn´t want to wake you up", he mumbled as his hands were wandering off, deliberately tracing patterns on Tae´s shoulder.

"`S okay", the singer slurred. "You coming down cuddling me now?"

How could Jungkook say no to that? Phone discharged somewhere on the ground he let himself fall back onto the matress, tugging Tae with him and shifting until he was hugging his hyung, the brunet´s head resting at his chest and tucked under his chin.

He pressed his nose in Tae´s hair, inhaling the scent of almond shampoo mixed with the one being so undeniably 'Taehyung' and real that his grip tightened. How was it possible all of this was reality? With the nose still buried in brown hair he rapidly blinked away the tears stinging in the corners of his eyes.

"I heard something about a celebration?" Tae´s voice was muffled against his chest and heavy with sleep.

"Mhm, a kinda-friend of me wants to throw a party for us becoming a couple. He more or less invited himself to my place so I guess we have to go along with it. He can be... difficult if he doesn´t get what he wants."

The singer turned his head a bit, pressing impossibly closer. "Can you do that again?"

"Do what?"

"Humming. It feels nice when your body vibrates like that. Can literally feel you speak. I... like that."

Jungkook obligued, humming a random melody, effectively lulling the both of them to sleep. Just before the night could claim him, Tae spoke up again.

"Does that mean I get to see your home tomorrow?

"...Hmmm, I guess so", the younger drawled.

"Mmn... sounds great..." Tae jawned, his hands clutching Jungkook´s shirt.

Two minutes later, his breath had evened out and he was fast asleep. Jungkook was still dumbly smiling in his hair and trying to wrap his mind around the fact Tae was now officially his boyfriend, wanted to have him, shared the feelings he had. But thinking was so difficult and his lids so heavy... it didn´t take long for him to follow the brunet to the land of dreams and wonders. Or more accurately, a different land of dreams and wonders than the one he lived in right now.

It made the sting of pain in his upper body so much more bearable, made him no longer think about the Blessing going almost Berserk inside of him as it was so close to Tae. He would endure all kinds of pain if he could continue to hold the brunet who caught his heart in his arms and bask in his warmth.

The sting numbed out and he fell asleep with a dull thrum in his chest, a thrum he dared to control.

 


 

"Kookie, you´ll stay with me, right?", the singer begged, tucking himself behind the younger´s frame.

Jungkook had stayed true to his word, had sent his (actually very secret but what should he do) adress to Seokjin and brought Tae over. But now the brunet refused to leave his side at the sight of Min Yoongi. His second had given Tae an icey glare and cracked his fingers without saying anything as greeting, going in over-protective mode about Jungkook and reminding Tae of their first encounter. Had put him in his place as being the cause of so much pain their leader had endured.

And for once it seemed the brunet had understood all the nonverbal signs as he was still clutching Jungkook´s arm tightly. Not that the youngest minded. His boyfriend - god felt it great to think the word - could be clingy 24/7 if he wanted to. Jungkook would die in happiness like that.

Luckily Tae´s suffering was ended with the arrival of Kim Seokjin. Carrying heavy bags filled to the brim with food and clad in a pink coat, the older man marked the fourth person in the building. And there was only so much Yoongi would take. Muttering something about the quarter being 'too peopley', the swag-haired man left with a laptop under his arm and more grumpy expression than ever. 

Finally Tae could breathe freely again. He immediately indulged himself in a lively chatter with the stranger and offered his help at cooking. After not even five minutes he got banned from the kitchen though.

So Jungkook gave him a quick tour, trying his very best not to make the head quarter of a tiny killer group aspects too obvious. The brunet showed a special interest in the empty practice room as he heard how much time the younger spent there singing. Needless to say Jungkook had to sing for him on the spot.

Seokjin in the meanwhile didn´t remain alone in the kitchen for long. Jungkook hadn´t told Tae but there were more guests coming. It was so worth it watching the singer´s face light up like a switched-on lamp as a familiar high-pitched voice exclaimed loudly 'Well, this is what I call a real house!'. Within a blink Tae had dashed out of the room and in Jimin´s arms.

What followed were the most variations of the word 'pabo' Jungkook had ever heard as the long-lost best friends reunited and kept scolding each other. Still bickering happily, they made their way to the kitchen together, Taehyung only getting to deck the table. Bright laughter filled the house as soon as Jimin got to know Kim Seokjin.

Hoseok had pulled Jungkook aside to update him on Jimin´s safety, tell him of the precautions he´d taken to make sure they weren´t followed. But the younger couldn´t concentrate, not for everything as his boyfriend´s laughter chided from the kitchen. He was most likely laughing at Jimin for laughing at Seokjin´s lame jokes because 'what the hell Minie, that wasn´t even funny you pabo~'. The poor red-head had to stop his report mid-ways as Jungkook was just staring holes in the air and grinning stupidly.

Then the meals were done and it was time to gather and eat. Hoseok was putting in some subtle music to play in the background, Taehyung, Jimin and Seokjin arranging the lamb skewers, Japchae and whatnot on the too small table and Jungkook looking for some alcohol. As they were done and about to sit down he made a point in pulling Tae on his lap. He didn´t care Hoseok´s cooing nor Jimin´s snicker.

They were just about to start eating as Seokjin rose with his glass lifted.

"To my dear patient and friend Jungkook who after what felt like forever got the balls to go on a date with his worldwide crush. To god who makes sure he is still alive as it didn´t look good too often for my liking lately. And to his quite handsome ray of sunshine Taehyung who can´t laugh at my jokes either. You two will manage just fine like that. And I may say the words 'ing finally' were invented for the both of you. I hope you find long-lasting happiness in each other and grow on your better halves.Oh, and use condoms. Cheers!"

"I second that", Jimin shouted and lifted his glass too.

But Hoseok had to add something to it, raising his hand to stop the others from drinking just yet. "To Taehyungie leading Jungkookie back to the world of emotions, feelings and vulnerabity. And to my good friend the golden maknae for taking the risk. I´ve always got your back. Grant each other the gift of smiling every day, alright? Now, cheers! EEEEEEUH~"

With both of the love birds flushed red, they all clinked their glasses, reciprocating the archaic shout.

From then on it was a happy, noisy chaos. Jimin, Hoseok and Seokjin were alltogether complaining about their dumb friends and how hard life had been watching them suffering to be together but making stupid choices all the time. They were eagerly working up each other while stuffing their mouths and trying to outrank the other two as drama-queens, the red-head with wildly flaling arms and exaggerating expressions, the author with high-pitched voice and the over-use of the word 'pabo' and the eldest simply with his ego.

At some point Seokjin sniffed a chance to throw more dad jokes which resulted in Jimin falling from his chair and snorting noodles up his nose in laughter.

Taehyung and Jungkook were watching the events from the sidelines in amusement, content with stuffing the other one with food.

As the brunet kept opening his mouth wide and saying 'Aaaaah' along with Jungkook while feeding him, the younger began to make random sounds too with every bite he lead to Tae´s waiting mouth. They giggled, chopsticks clanking against each other in a mock-fight for the last piece of meat on the plate.

The brunet won, but only because he suddely mumbled 'Kook-ah' with deep, seductive voice, the change in demeanor catching Jungkook off-guard. He beamed like a child on christmas as he fetched the meat and fed it to Jungkook.

Content and sated, the younger nuzzled against Tae´s neck, pulling him closer even. He nipped lazily at the exposed skin and took in the breath of Tae. His boyfriend.

Mine. Idle in his movements, Jungkook retracted slightly - and was struck by the sheer fondness he could see in his favorite pair of eyes. With a shy smile, Tae reached up to caress Jungkook´s face. The black-haired leaned into the touch, savoured the jolts of heat and electricity it shot through his skin. But he never broke eye contact. Simply couldn´t.

It was as if time stopped moving for them as they stared at each other. His mouth fell slack and he made a tiny noise in awe because never, not in his wildest dreams would Jungkook have imagined somebody looking at him the way Taehyung did.

Their moment of shared eternity was shattered with Yoongi falling through the door.

"We need to go", he announced while still catching his breath, his skin ashen, eyes darting around. "Right now. It´s a code orange." Both hands he had gripping his rifle Jennie in a vice-like grip. A small trail of blood ran down his temple.

Jungkook blanched.

 

 


Lol

Did anybody of you actually think I would end this story just like that? Who would I be if I did?

You better buckle your seat belts for the next few chapters.

Hm, sorry for the short chapter. But you know me, I easily get carried away by lines jumping in my face and declaring they are the perfect end for this chapter...

And yeah uh, I kinda got bored of the old story cover so I made a new one ^^;

I know I revealed pretty much nothing but are there any assumptions what´s going to happen?