chapter 18

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

"Brat, we are in trouble."

Sighing, Jungkook looked up to his second.

"Why do I hate hearing that sentence coming out of your mouth? Ah, yes! Because whenever that´s the case, it means sh*t is going down."

"I don´t like to admit it but you are right", Yoongi confirmed. "We are running out of time even though it seems that author didn´t make a move against you - us - yet."

"Please elaborate. We are running out of time in several times right now."

The icey-blue haired man slumped down on a chair, head laying back, eyes closed.

"Our target is almost done writing and publishing his new book. Which was the reason we got the job. We, or mostly you, was supposed to kill him before he could bring out the book with whatever kind of information about our client. So, what shall we do now?"

Jungkook cursed under his breath.

"Yeah, just what I thought", the elder mumbled with still closed eyes. They both went silent, pondering about the new problem.

"I assume you are aware about the most crucial details", the younger eventually broke the silence. Receiving a nod in confirmation. "Just as I thought", Jungkook smirked. "So. Let´s go on a sabotage trip, hyung."

Neither did he complain about the decision, nor did he point out risks or flaws - which meant a successful sabotage was very possible. Instead, his second merely said "It´s offense, then."

The young leader hummed in aggreement.

"For now, we need more time. Maybe the task isn´t a lost case yet. And we are prepared now, so if anything goes wrong we can disappear. But as long as it´s still possible, we are staying. We can run later."

Yoongi got up again and stretched a bit on his way out.

"Then I´ll go planning and preparing a sabotage now. See ya~"

 


"Waah, we are going on a criminal mission, how exciting~", Hoseok sang happily, clapping his hands in joy.

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, because killing every month isn´t criminal enough for you it seems."

"Oh, come on, you know what I mean!" The red-head slapped the youngster´s arm. "Normally only you get to do the cool, scary and criminal part. And Yoongi-hyung cleans up behind you and does all the preparation whilst I sit in my room and write some goodbye-letters or stuff. That´s not the fancy criminal part y´know."

"Go ahead and switch with me then. I´ll show you fancy when you feel like your insides are ripped out and your organs are melting away so you have no other choice but to get intimate with total strangers, often some of the most disgusting people in town. Yes, very fancy indeed", the Blessed snapped.

"Ooooooh, did I hit a spot there? My bad. Sorry for being excited about doing something different and interesting for once!"

The bickering went on until Yoongi entered the room. At his sight, both youngers instantly went silent. They´ve had enough of angry Yoongi for the next couple years for now.

"Before I´ll explain the plan to you-" the small man with ice-blue undercut started- "I want to point out something about the task." He made a dramatic pause as he took a seat on the table, enjoying the curiosity of the others.

"As you both are aware, we normally don´t ask many questions if we get a new task. Because certain details don´t concern us. Sometimes we aren´t even sure why we are supposed to kill somebody. This time the reason named to us was that our target Park Jimin has to be stopped from spreading sensible informations. Since we know now he is a veritas, that means he isn´t about to badmouth our clients so we need to get rid of him for publishing false accusions. But because he found out some very dirty truth."

Jungkook waved it off, seemingly bored. "Well, thanks Mr. Obvious for you know, stating the obvious. I´ve already come to the same conclusion."

His second only gave him a blank look. "Nice for you, brat."

"Uh... so what´s the plan for tonight then?" the forger asked in an obvious attempt to soothe the tension in the air.

Yoongi´s head snapped around to Hoseok, an eager and apologetic expression on his face and the tension was gone. "Ah. Yes. Right, the plan." He got out a big sheet  of paper and laid it on the table. It was covered with lines and dots in different colors.

Jungkook and Hoseok tilted their heads, then turned the sheet around, trying to figure it out. "Sorry, but is this supposed to make sense?"

"Listen!" The second pinched his nose in annoyance.

"This. Is a ground plan of the printing house where the books our target writes are printed. These are the outer walls, those are inner walls, these are doors, these are columns, this is the first floor, that is the second floor, there is the third floor" he explained, pointing at the spots he meant.

The other ones looked confused for a little longer, then one could literally see the light bulbs appearing above their heads.

"...Aaaaaaah~"

"I see!"

"Finally", Yoongi muttered, unheard of his dongsaengs. "Okay. Now as that´s clear, I need one of you to go here and cut the main power force and the other one to go there and destroy or disable the emergency generator. The emergency engine works with petrol or diesel so pouring sand in it would be a beginning. Any questions so far?"

Jungkook raised a hand. "Hyung, who shall take care of what."

The elder grunted. "Why do I care? Rock-paper-scissor it out or throw a coin or something."

Leader and forger locked eyes. "The winner gets to do the main thingy."

"Deal."

And in unison they yelled: "Kai bai bo! Kai bai bo! Kai bai bo!"

"Yaaaay, I don´t need to carry around heavy sand bags" Hoseok celebrated his victory, waving around with his arms while Jungkook crossed his arms, grumbling complaints with a sour expression.

"Other questions" Yoongi interrupted the scene.

This time, it was the forger asking. "What are you going to do, hyung?"

The eldest smirked. "I´ll play hacker and save your sorry asses from being caught. Oh, actually I already started playing. I gained access to the author´s computer and right now, the whole book he had written is deleting itself."

His grin widened in a Go-ahead-and-praise-me-I-know-I-am-a-genius manner.

"Coooooool..." Hoseok gaped.

Jungkook on the other hand, didn´t like the answer very much. "Then why not do it like that from the beginning? Sitting on a computer, hacking in the target´s computer and just easily delete the files instead of making me go through all the trouble?"

"It was by all means NOT easy!", his second sneered. "And it´s not the solution because we can´t delete the author´s mind, only his writing. So all he needs to do is writing the story again, do you understand?"

"Sorry", the younger mumbled.

"You better be, brat" Yoongi huffed angrily. "By the way, just before I forget it. You two need a disguise." 

And with that being said, his evil smirk was back.

 


"No way. No. ing. Way" Jungkook stared at the mirror in disbelief.

"Oh my god, you look so damn hilarious, I can´t-" Hoseok snorted, rolling on the floor laughing loudly.

He had all reason to be amused. Jungkook was a joke. He wore a wig with ginger locks, green contact lenses (there were even freckles painted on his face to complete the 'irish type' look), thick rimmed glasses, several layers of clothing to make him seem fat and shoes three sizes too big for him. Not to forget gloves. Hell, he even wore some heavy perfume, just in case.

To his defense, Hoseok wasn´t much better. He was sporting the bleaching-gone-wrong-I-forgot-the-hair-roots / unhealthy gamer lifestyle look. It didn´t make the younger feel much better though. 

"I need to take a photo of you for later", the fake-blonde  gasped, clutching his sides which were hurting from the constant laughter.

"Are you stupid or what!" Yoongi yelled as he came running out of nowhere, sprinting to Hoseok and snatching the phone from his hands. "What you are wearing is a ing disguise! To prevent you being recognized. But the whole thing won´t work out if you take pictures of each other and post it on tumblr or something." 

Dumb-founded, Hoseok stared to the ground. But the elder had already moved on.

"Okay, whatever. Let´s get started." He went back to his office, entrenching behind computers. Jungkook and Hoseok meanwhile made their way to the printing house, fumbling with the ear pieces and silently teasing each other for their outfits.

 


"Jungkook, how´s it going?", Hoseok asked through the ear piece.

"Peachy", the younger retorted, grunting. "I am turning the generator into a sand pit. What about you?"

"Oh, I am great over here! I just---" There were some sickening noises in the background. Some metallic crunches, shrill squeaks and loud creaks. "Ooops... this... is not good."

"Do I even want to know what you are doing there?" Yoongi groaned in the headset.

"I just stuck some stuff between the machines..."

Jungkook emptied the fourth sand bag in the emergency generator. "And you really thought it helps?" he hissed into nothingness.

"Uhm, dunno? To be honest I have no clue but it´s worth a try, right? As long as we do some damage."

"Why do I even---" the younger stopped mid-sentence as as his phone buzzed. Out of reflex, he reached into his pockets and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey Kookie", Tae´s bubbly voice chided through the phone. "I am so glad you answered me. And I am really looking forward to seeing you at the workshop tomorrow. Oh gosh, I wouldn´t know what to do if you wouldn´t come..."

"Is that Tae I am hearing there, Jungkook?", Hoseok asked curiously in his other ear.

And of course, the brunette had heard it. "Kookie? Who is that? A friend of you? Can I meet your friends? Oh, but you are really coming tomorrow, yeah? Pinky promise and handshake it me!"

"I, uh" Jungkook gulped, overwhelmed with the sudden change of situation. "Uhm, Tae... is it okay if I call you back later? I am, uh--- I am working gramps through hacking the baker´s delivery system to get him free cheesecake for the rest of his life. See you tomorrow at the workshop, okay?" And he hung up.

"Oh my gosh, that was the lousiest excuse I´ve ever heard, hahahahaha" Hoseok couldn´t stop laughing. "Hacking the delivery system for free cheesecake, I can´t, this is fantastic..."

"Hyung", the Blessed whined. "I am sorry, okay? I didn´t know what to say a-and anyways, we are on a sabotage mission here, remember? Yoongi-hyung can´t keep us safe here forever, we need to get done and then leave as fast as possible."

"Okay, okay. I am done here, let´s go. The author can´t print books here for a while now."

The same way they´ve come, the both of them left the building again. But as they were almost out, the forger piped up once more.

"...Did he really just call you 'Kookie'?"

"..."

Yoongi groaned.

"I hate you both right now."

 

 


If I made you laugh or even just smile with that chapter then I´m happy ^^