chapter 17

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Jungkook sat alone on the table until the food arrived, wheels in his head turning.

But he had no other explanation except one. As he was absolutey sure and couldn't deny it any longer, he grabbed his phone and sent a message to his second. Then he asked the waiter to pack the two meals, he needed to go, thank you very much.

Eating in their kitchen he felt more comfortable than dining in public to begin with and one of his hyungs surely would be happy about the treat of the other meal. Deep in thoughts, the raven-head made his way back.

So that author is a veritas, probably. No, most likely. Quite surely. Definitely. Mhm. Okay, let's see what we've got... he lied about his status. Despite saying otherwise he is a Blessed. A pure Blessed with a Blessing that's not physically harming but dangerous in many other ways.

Because he is a veritas, a Vague who can tell if someone says the truth. At least better than reading thoughts, he only can tell if something is true or not, he doesn't know what is the truth if being lied to. And it only works if he uses his Blessing, not permanently.

Ah, I see... that's why he wanted to sit outside. So the wind erupting from him wouldn't be suspicious. Does that mean he used his Blessing on me the whole time? Seems to be the case. And now he knows I'm a murderer, I killed to get the stupid album. Not to forget if he's smart (of course he is, duh! That man is an author) then he'll notice how much at ease I've been whilst confessing the murder.

So he will conclude it's not the first time I killed somebody. Will he go to the police? Guess I really am in knee-deep sh*t now...

 


Even though he didn´t know the whole story, Yoongi was quite murderous as Jungkook arrived in the head-quarter.

Oh yes, he was livid - and the youngest would be lying if he´d say it didn´t scare the sh*t out of him. Hoseok sat in a corner, munching on the author´s meal and was silent for once.

The smallest of them was a real ice-blue thunderstorm.

"THE TARGET IS A GOD-DAMNED VERITAS???" he boomed.

Both Jungkook and Hoseok flinched.

"Y-yeah", the youngest whispered. And he really was affraid but he knew he needed to tell his second everything. Every detail so they could prepare themselves as best as possible.

So he did. And indeed it only worsened the situation.

"SO YOU  MADE AU ING JOKE AND NOW HE KNOWS YOU ARE A MASS MURDERER?!?"

"Uh, mmm~maybeee?", Jungkook forced out.

The forger in the background whined. That certain small noise seemed to pull some trigger as Yoongi slowly exhaled, sat down and took deep breaths. And now he just looked tired. So, so exhausted and tired.

"Okay. We still don´t know much about the whole situation, about what that author guy will do. So we need to be prepared for the worst." He locked eyes with first Hoseok, then their young leader and held their gaze. Effectively handing the the control back to the Blessed.

Jungkook nodded, fists clenching, eyes turning into steel.

"Take all the usual preparations", he ordered. "We need to be able to disappear quick and without leaving traces. For now, we´ll be staying but we will take precautions for a quick leave. We cannot say what will happen and I won´t take any chances here."

They all exchanged serious glances, nodded in grim confirmation and headed each to their respective rooms. To start packing, searching weapons, deleting data, cutting connections, changing numbers, doing everything else necessary to be done.

Even though they all were busy preparing stuff it was strangely silent in the house. Nobody said a word as they were running through each step how they´ve practiced it several times. Each movement was one of pure efficency. For death or worse was a very possible outcome if things went down badly. But not one of them was willing to give up or to easily go down yet. For many years now the three young men had been clinging to life and surely wouldn´t stop that now. 

 


Hours later the basic preparations were done and refinement had begun. Jungkook´s head slowly became clear. And he remembered something. So he called for his hyungs, made them sit on the kitchen table together and outright asked for an explanation.

"Whose idea was it?" He laid a familiar sheet of paper on the table. The one Tae had found, the one speaking about a certain crash course for photographers.

Hoseok nervously glanced at Yoongi whilst the latter unwaveringly returned Jungkook´s stare. "Mine."

"Why?"

"Because Tae is good for you, believe it or not", the second stated calmly. "He might be the best thing that ever happened to you. And we both want you to take that opportunity, to let the light in your life."

"We just wanted to help you find some happiness", the red-head chimed in.

Jungkook merely lifted an eyebrow. "So you force me on a whole week of dates with him?"

"Basically yes", Yoongi confirmed nonchalantly.

The raven-head stood up with gritted teeth. And as soon as the meeting had begun, it was ending.

"I don´t want you to tell me what to do. Nor do I want your pity or your coupling help. I´m fine by myself." With that being said, he stormed off, leaving his hyungs groaning, their heads resting in their hands.

 


Minutes later, Jungkook found himself under the bridge, were he lastly had seen Tae. For a moment, he wondered why he always came to the places where they had been together. But the answer was too obvious anyway so he let it be. 

Why do they need to mess with my private life? I don´t want to harm Tae and the only way not to do so is to keep him as uninvolved as possible or not? I can´t do that, I can´t go to the workshop and get even more close to him. I simply can´t!

He numbly stared at the river, lost in thoughts.

And what is with that stupid idea of sending me to a workshop? It- they know it won´t be an option for me to become a real photographer. To have a normal life.

I will never be able to achieve that - go to a professional school, become a photographer, chase my dream, live without looking over my shoulder every second. Have a family, love, be loved. My second might be a great tactician but he is stupid if he thinks that thing with me and Tae might work out and we could live happily ever after.

A single drop of salty wet liquid slid down his cheek.

Are my hyungs being cruel for showing me that opportunity? For acting as if I could be free? As if hope for a normal life for me wasn´t lost already.

He slung the arms around his knees, feeling cold, so cold. Much more colder than in Tae´s embrace.

 


"Jungkook, you are missing your workshop", Yoongi shouted, hammering against the door of the youngest.

"No", the Blessed screamed back, hugging his pillow.

"Kid, now! I mean it !"

Anger flooded his veins.

"I SAID NO!", Jungkook roared.

The shouted bickering through the door went on a while but eventually, his second had enough and returned to his office. Jungkook stayed stubborn. He didn´t want their help. And most of all he didn´t want to drag in Tae. So on the first day of the photography workshop, he stayed at home and didn´t leave his room.

Thorough the day, he received several messages from Tae, asking him where he was, if everything was alright, why the heck he didn´t come, he should drag his lazy here, he was missing him. Especially the last one got to him. So Jungkook sent one single reply.

To: Tae <3

Subject: ---

 

Message:

I am sorry, hyung. 

I can´t come to the workshop anymore.

...

Code Grand Canyon failed.

Good-bye, Tae.

Over and out, Jungkook

He wanted to cut ties with him, he really did. But he instantly got a reply.

From: Tae <3

Subject: What are you talking about?

 

Message:

Kookie, I am very sorry to hear that. I really am. And I understand that you need time after the jikook date failed. I can only imagine what you are going through.

But please, why does it sound like we´ll never see each other again? You can´t just leave me like that! You can´t just... dunno, open a door, step into my life and then go away all of a sudden! So take whatever time you need because of Jiminie-pabo. Maybe try again if you really love him and can´t forget him. But whatever you do, don´t just send me a message like that and cut ties with me. Please.

And yah!!! Don´t you "over an out" my just like that!

Sparkling tiger Tae

Jungkook´s breath hitched. He had been prepared for another sulking message, yes. But not for that. Was the damage already done? Or more importantly, another more unreasonable part of him wondered... had Tae just confessed to feel something for him, to want him staying in his life?

I can´t, I--- no, please, I´m sorry, Tae! I can´t--- I don´t know what to do. Tae, please!

...

To: Tae <3

Subject: tomorrow

 

Message:

I am sorry. I will come to the workshop tomorrow. Promise.

Jungkook

 

 


Thank you guys for commenting on this story. I am always thankful and happy to read your comments ^^