prologue - welcome to my world

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

Sooooo, I thought it would be helpful to explain some things before this story starts. Eventually, I will mention and/or explain everything in the story again, however, in the case it will be confusing or I forget some explanation... here you are ^^;

 


Facts about society in general

Firstly, there are two different kinds of people. The normal ones, called 'Averages', and the ones with special powers, called 'Blessed'. Nobody knows where those powers come from and what decides who is born with a special ablilty.

The Blessed

The Blessed´s powers cannot be inherited. People think of them as holy given and therefore worship the Blessed in general. That´s the reason every Blessed gets a certain amount of money from the government without doing anything in return to earn it. Each Blessed has to be registered, otherwise their power´s use is illegal. Once a month, a Blessed has to report his health status and how often he used his power (also called his "Blessing").

A Blessed is either called pure or impure. That depends on the nature of their Blessing, as there are various kinds of powers. With being a pure or impure Blessed, you are more or less branded good or evil.

Depending on the power´s effect, the Blessed are divided  into four groups: Giver, Alterer, Taker and Vague.

Giver: almost alway pure. Adds something to the world, mostly saves or gives life.

Alterer: neutral, as often pure as impure. Changes the nature, the core of something in whatever way.

Taker: almost always impure. Takes something from the world, mostly in taking lifes. Alas, many Takers are killers and therefore feared and detested.

Vague: neutral, as often pure as impure. Everybody who doesn´t fit in one of the three groups above gets the title Vague. They are the most strange persons, often not belonging anywhere.

The Blessing

The use of one´s Blessing gets visible as a soft breeze seeming to erupt from within the Blessed. It is required that the Blessing gets used or else the Blessed might die. Cause for this is the fact that the Blessing is an overnatural power and the human body originally isn´t meant to wield such a strong foreign power. Therefore the Blessing builds an inner pressure continuosly and threatens to destroy the Blessed´s body from within if the power doesn´t get used. For every Blessed an alternate method exists to relieve the pressure without using the Blessing: the Relief. But it´s a different Relief for everybody and some people never discover their personal Relief.

Only one way is known to block the Blessing and that is a blocking by the shock of a highly traumatizing experience. However, it doesn´t always work therefore is not a recommended therapy or anything like that.