CHAPTER FIVE / Take Care of Her

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Looking terrible, Panda Girl.”

That was the first thing that came out from Seungwan and Momo the moment Taeyeon sat on the breakfast table.

How nice… Just when she thought that her sister and her cousin wouldn’t notice the horrible dark circles around her eyes.

“Is that a new term for good morning?” Taeyeon yawned as she poured herself a cup of coffee. 

“It is.” Momo stuck her tongue out. 

“I can’t go to school like this.” Taeyeon huffed. 

“There’s something called concealer.” Seungwan said as she finished the last piece of pancake on her plate. 

“But I never wear makeup.” Taeyeon pouted. 

“It’s just a concealer. You’re not going to die if you apply a little.” Momo snorted, earning a sharp glare from the older girl. 

“Why so grumpy at broad daylight.” Seungwan, and Momo teased as they tickled Taeyeon on both sides. 

In return, she lightly whacked their heads. 

“If you tickle me again, I won’t talk to you for a whole week.”

“Oooooh, our Taeng-unnie is in a bad mood.” 

This time, Taeyeon kicked the bottom of their chairs.

 

* *

 

Seungwan was lying flat on her stomach on the floor of her bedroom, hair down and disheveled, damp rose-tinted cheeks, tears flowing from her tired eyes, and a picture of Taeyeon and Momo was clutched tight in her right hand that it’s almost crumbled. 

She hated it whenever a memory of her older sister, and her favorite cousin crosses her mind.

She hated it to the guts because she always ends up breaking down.

No matter how strong she is, and no matter how she looks like a tough warrior in front of people, she shatters like a glass when she’s all alone under the roof of her house.


There was a soft knock on her slightly opened door. 

It was strange because Sana never knocks, and she just went out to the grocery store. It couldn’t be Myoui Mina either; one of Sana’s maternal cousins who crashes in their house from time to time.

Mina doesn’t knock either. 

Maybe it was Sana’s mother, she thought. The woman visits the two girls sometimes to check up on them, and she has a spare key. 

When Seungwan didn’t respond, the person slowly pushed the door open, and rushed to her.

“Aunt Erina?” The blind girl spoke up. “Is that you, aunt Erina?”

“No, it’s Joohyun.”

Upon hearing that, Seungwan panicked. 

What was he doi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter