PROLOGUE / Part Three.

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The last thing that crossed Seungwan’s mind was seeing the house surrounded by the police two days after Taeyeon and Momo brutally killed Mr Son.

They hid the body in the basement since nobody goes down there, but little did they know that one of the maids caught them. 

The cops didn’t have a chance to arrest Taeyeon and Momo though. 

Turns out, the two girls were carrying guns, and they shot the cops without any hesitation. 

After that they ran away. 

Yes, they ran away without even bothering to drag Seungwan along with them.

That day passed like a blur. Then three days, then five days, then a week, and then a whole month. 

Neither Taeyeon or Momo came back since the day they ran off. 

A lot of people searched for the two girls, but there was no sign of them. 

That sent the fifteen year old Seungwan into a horrible shock and trauma.

First she witnessed her beloved mother being killed eight years ago, then a month ago Taeyeon confessed that she killed their father, and now the older girl left her all alone. 

Seungwan became blind, but she wasn’t surprised by that at all.

She once heard from her aunt that some people lose their eyesight due to being terribly shocked and traumatized. 

Although it made her a bit sad, she admitted that she didn’t mind being blind.

For her, it felt good not being able to see the horrors of the world anymore. 

 

* *

 

“Are you free tonight, Sana-chan?” asked Seungwan as she set her cup of tea on the table. 

“Yup.” replied Sana, móuth full of cookies. “Wanna go somewhere?” 

“Han River,” said the other girl. “And seriously you should stop doing that.”

“Doing what?”

“Speaking when your móuth is full.” 

“Oh c’mon, I’ve been doing that since forever.” Sana snorted in an unladylike manner. 

That earned her a laugh from Seungwan. 

You haven’t changed at all.

You still don’t know how to be ladylike, and you don’t care if you eat like a pig.

But that’s alright. You’re just being yourself. 

 

“Whatcha laughing at, baka usagi?” Sana jabbed her best friend on the forehead. 

“I’m not a stupid rabbit. I’m a kawaii risu.” Seungwan giggled childishly.

“Heh, you’re obviously not a cute squirrel. I’m the cute squirrel in here.”

“Tsk tsk, Son Seungwan and Minatozaki Sana, you two never stop being silly.” 

“Miss Hwang, you’re here.” Seungwan grinned. 

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world. I always loved your little tea and cookie parties. Did you make them?” The woman grabbed a cookie as she settled on the sofa between the two youngsters. 

“Sana did both, but I helped a teeny tiny bit.” 

“It taste so good as usual.” Miss Hwang ruffled their hair affectionately. 

“Thank you, sensei.” The two girls said sheepishly, and the woman simply flashed them her endearing eye-smile.

They continued to munch on cookies and drink their tea in a comfortable silence. 

When they were done, Seungwan excused herself and went to her room to rest so she won’t feel tired or sleepy when she and Sana take a stroll in Han River after three hours. 


“So, how’s my bestie doing with her studies, sensei?” Sana asked while picking the crumbs on the floor which fell from her dress. 

“She’s doing great, sweetie.” replied Miss Hwang.

“That’s good to hear.”

“You know, I suggested that she enrolls in a school for disabled students, but she refused. She said that she doesn’t mind being homeschooled e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter