CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE / The Little Things Are Really What Matters

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On Saturdays, they would watch the yellows and oranges of 5 am sunrises, and the breathtaking pinks and purples of 5 pm sunsets. Joohyun would describe the details, and Seungwan would simply try to picture them in her head.

On Sundays and Mondays, they would go on late night drives with the windows down, the soft breeze brushing against their faces.

On Tuesdays, they would go on bike rides, earphones attached to their ears to enjoy the ride. Joohyun would pedal in a middle speed while Seungwan would be seated behind him, her arms wrapped securely around the boy’s waist. 

On Wednesdays, they would play with the children in their neighborhood. They would surround themselves with those innocent, little angels to remind themselves that the world isn’t always a cold, harsh place. 

On Thursdays, they would compose and record love songs.

On Fridays, Joohyun would read books to his girlfriend, and Seungwan on the other side would sing old-school songs to her boyfriend. Amongst all their activities, those two were their favorites. 

 

* *

 

“Stop staring at me, it’s creepy.”

“How did you know I was staring?” Joohyun stammered, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. 

“Just because I’m blind doesn’t mean I can’t see. I can sense your eyes on me.” Seungwan replied, lips breaking into a small smile. 

Joohyun chuckled lightly. “Couldn’t help it. You looked really cute a while ago.” 

Seungwan laughed a little as she handed him Wonder Woman: War-bringer, a new novel that her best friend bought for her.

“Read to me.” she said.

Without saying a word, Joohyun took the book, and let his girlfriend lean on his shoulder. It had always been like that in case Seungwan suddenly dozes off in the middle of his reading.

 

 

You do not enter a race to lose.

Diana bounced lightly on her toes at the starting line, her calves taut as bowstrings, her mother’s words reverberating in her ears. A noisy crowd had gathered for the wrestling matches and javelin throws that would mark the start of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter