CHAPTER TWENTY / Slowly Healing

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungwan lowered a bouquet of white snowdrop flowers on Yuki Hana’s tombstone. 

Although blue daises was her mother’s favorite, the girl always brought snowdrop flowers because it resembled the deceased woman’s name. 

Eleven years had passed since she left the world, but Seungwan still couldn’t grasp the fact that her mother was no longer here. 

For a soft-hearted person like her, she doesn’t think that she could ever forget someone who gave her so much memories to remember. She doesn’t think that she could ever let go of someone whom she spent the best times of her life with. 

Even though she only got to be with her mother until the age of seven, the woman was like a precious gem to her.

As crazy as it may sound, she’d rather live with the pain for a long time than to forget the person who loved her with all her heart—the one who brought her to the world. 

“Come back, mom.” Seungwan’s voice trembled a little. “Even as a shadow. Even as a dream.”

Joohyun felt a pang as he gipped his girlfriend’s wheelchair from behind. 

“It’s okay if you can’t let go of her.” Joohyun chimed in, reminding Seungwan of his presence, and that she wasn’t alone. “After all, she was your mother.”

 

* *

 

On the same day Seungwan visited her deceased mother’s memorial, she bumped into someone whom she didn’t expect to see ever again; her one and only sibling, Son Taeyeon. 

The one who killed their brutal, abúsive father three years ago.

The one who left her, and ran away from Seoul after she did t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter