CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR / The Dark Side of the Rainbow

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Silent moments between Joohyun and Seungwan were usually calming, and comfortable, but at the moment the silence that engulfed them was somehow suffocating.

“Is there something bothering you?” 

“H-huh… I’m fine.” Seungwan broke out of her trance upon hearing the boy’s worried voice. 

“You look troubled.” Joohyun scoffed.

The blind girl looked away, and awkwardly shifted on the sofa. 

“What is it? Sana told me that you’ve been looking distressed since yesterday. I won’t be able to rest tonight unless you tell me what’s wrong.” 

“I don’t wanna burden you.” The girl mumbled. 

“Just tell me.” Joohyun said, scooting close to Seungwan. 

“My nightmares are back, but this time they aren’t about my late mother.” Seungwan blurted, voice shaking. “They’re about my sister, and it’s even more scarier and disturbing than my old nightmares.” 

“I just welcomed Taeyeon-unnie back in my life a month ago. I don’t want her to be taken away from me.” she carried on, tears started to emerge in her eyes. 

In an instant, Joohyun pulled her into a hug. 

“Don’t think on it too much.” He said in his usual gentle tone.

“Nobody’s gonna take your sister away from you, you hear me Wan-ah?” He held her tightly, and kissed her forehead. 

In response, Seungwan weakly nodded her head, tears falling and soaking Joohyun’s shirt.

 

* *

 

Jessica casted a worried glance at Seungwan who hadn’t touched her food since they sat on the dining table. Her head was set downcast, and she seemed a little bit nervous.

It was Saturday night, and Seungwan invited Joohyun’s family for pasta and homemade pizza. It was the Bae family’s favorite dishes.

However, the teenage girl didn’t really have them over to chill out. 

It was because she wanted to finally tell them the dark side of her story, the side that only Joohyun knows about.

And now, it was about time for them to know. 

“What’s wrong, sweetie? You look nervous, or am I just imagining?” Jessica placed a hand over the girl’s shoulder. 

“I-I’m s-sorry to ruin the mood, but there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you long time ago.” Seungwan let out a heavy breath that she didn’t realize she was holding. 

“What is it, unnie?” Joy and Roseanne said in unison. 

Seungwan clasped her hands on her lap to calm her nerves. 

“Even rainbows have a dark side, and you’re about to hear the dark side of mine.” 

Despite feeling jittery, she managed to tell them about her black past, the torture and all the struggles she went through.


Seungwan told them about her brutal father who began treating her badly at the age of six. Mr Son would slap or beat her whenever she does a little mistake, and he woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter