CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT / You're Worth it to Me, my Darling Seungwan

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Cautiously, Taeyeon brushed the tangled knots out of Seungwan’s wavy, blue hair. 

Even though it was as smooth as silk, it was a serious task to do considering how a bit thick it was.

Whenever her sister or her friends brush her hair or play with its strands, it reminded her of her beloved mother. If she closed her eyes, it would have been her mom holding the comb. 

As Seungwan stared at her reflection in the mirror, a knock suddenly came on her door, dragging her back to reality. 

Taeyeon dashed to the door, and the moment after she opened it, a wide smile spread across her face. 

“Hey, Hyunnie.” 

“Hey, Taeng-noona.”

Upon seeing her boyfriend, the girl stood up, and crossed her arms over her chest, feeling slightly vulnerable. She was in her pajamas. Although a year and half had passed since she and Joohyun became a couple, she was still uncomfortable whenever he comes to her while she was wearing a nightwear. 

“Am I interrupting something?” Joohyun asked as he approached his girlfriend.

“Not at all.” said the girl. “Unnie was just playing with my hair.” 

“Okay, let’s go out then.” 

Holy crap! Seungwan cussed mentally. A date? Is he here on a date? And I’m in my freaking pajamas, face tired, hair tangled and half brushed?

“But I’m a horrible mess right now.” Seungwan pouted as if she was saying, should I change or not?

“No need to change. You look fine.” Joohyun smiled, offering his arm. 

“Okay then.” The girl grinned shyly as she happily linked her arm with the boy. “Catch you up later, big sis.” 

“Have fun, lovey doves!” Taeyeon shot the couple a wink before they exited the room.

 

* *

 

They went to a house that Seungwan had never been before.

At first, she panicked, thinking that Joohyun broke in, but turned out it belonged to his late paternal grandparents. 

It might look simple, and average from the outside, but behind the mask of its simpleness was a luxurious mansion in the inside. 

The Bae family was wealthy, but it was never obvious since they were always known for being kind, and humble. 

Looks like a royal palace more than a mansion. Seungwan thought as they headed upstairs when she suddenly heard the soft pitter patter of the rain. 

“It’s raining.” A bright smile played on Joohyun’s face the moment he caught glimpse of the raindrops on the glassy windows. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter