CHAPTER FOUR / Of Pure Admiration and a Teasing Friend

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyun-oppa, we demand you to stop.” Joy and Roseanne, Joohyun’s little sisters shouted breathlessly, limbs aching and giving up already.

“Not my fault that you’re slow runners. Besides, you were the ones who wanted to play.” The teenage boy chuckled, not sparing a glance behind. 

“Please, we’re out of breath!” Roseanne whined.

But Joohyun kept running when all of a sudden, he bumped into something hard, sending him into an endless fall. He clutched his knees, and a faint groan escaped his lips.


“Oh God, I’m so sorry. Are you hurt somewhere, mister?” 

When Joohyun was back on his feet, he blinked thrice, making sure he wasn’t hallucinating. 

“Ah, Seungwan, it’s you.” He said in a greeting way. 

“Joohyun?” A small smile spread across the girl’s face. 

“Yeah, it’s me. Sorry, I was running so fast and I wasn’t looking.” 

“It’s alright. Are you perhaps playing with someone?” 

Joohyun hummed. “I’m playing with my younger sisters. They enjoy chasing me around in the neighborhood whenever it’s weekend.” 

“Sounds fun,” Seungwan said longingly. “Umm, is it okay if you take me back to my house? I can’t wheel myself at the moment, my hands are a bit tired.”

“Of course it’s fine.” The boy didn’t hesitate as he went behind, and cautiously pushed the girl’s wheelchair. 


Silence engulfed them, but it was a comfortable quietness.

Seungwan wasn’t much of a talker. In fact, the only time she really talks was when she’s around the people she’d known for a long time or when she has something interesting in mind. 

Joohyun on the other side loved to talk. If he stayed silent more than twenty minutes, he would’ve exploded. 

He was kinda anxious whether to start a conversation or not. 

He wanted to get to know more about Seungwan because the only things he knew about her was: she’s half Japanese and she’s fluent in it more than Korean, she’s the same age as him, she loves making music and being surrounded by nature, and she had known Sana since they were six. 

Just when Joohyun was about to speak, a holler of his name could be heard behind, making him freeze on his track. 

He didn’t expect Joy and Roseanne to continue chasing him, but here they were, hands on their thighs while panting heavily. 

“God, I can’t feel my legs and feet.” Joy said between ragged breaths. 

“Serves you right for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter