CHAPTER SIXTEEN / A Dream and A Stolen Kiss

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A parade of sweet humming marched past Joohyun’s ears.

It was as soothing as a lullaby. Tardily, his eyes opened only to see Seungwan with an apologetic expression. 

“I didn’t mean to disturb you, Hyun.”

“It’s okay,” The boy chuckled. “What song was that?”

“As long as you love me.” Seungwan answered sheepishly.

“It’s by Backstreet Boys, isn’t it?” asked Joohyun.

The latter simply nodded her head. 

There was a brief pause. Then Seungwan was the first to speak again. 

“Have you ever felt like you belong to someone? Not in a possessive way, but like those cute soulmate stuffs that happen in novels and fanfics.”  

“I do,” said Joohyun. “Why’d you ask?”

“Just curious.” Seungwan fiddled with her shirt, nervousness rising within her. “Actually I have something to tell you, but I’m scared.”

Joohyun brushed the girl’s fringe that fell over her face before resting his hand atop hers.

“Do tell me. I won’t judge you or anything.”


Seungwan took a deep breath. She couldn’t believe herself that she was about to say this.

She couldn’t believe herself that she was about to tell Joohyun that she had feelings for him.

“You know,” she began. “I’ve always wanted to find someone who knows how to love me when I’m sad or depressed. Someone who loves the features that I hate the most in myself. Someone who will look at me as if I’m the stars in his night sky.” 

“I found him, and that person is you, Bae Joohyun.” she carried on with a gentle smile, tiny tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. “But I will never be beautiful enough to make us beautiful together.”

Joohyun wasn’t shocked by the confession, but he was speechless. He didn’t except that the girl he was in love with harbored romantic feelings for him too. 

And Seungwan’s last line confused him. It totally confused him because the girl couldn’t see the beaming sunlight shining through her battle scars, and that was enough to make her beautiful.

“Believe me, Wan-ah, you’re perfectly beautiful.”

“You t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter