CHAPTER EIGHT / Night Talks

For your eyes only (I show you my heart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sana was breathing heavily, and kept muttering curses one Saturday night.

Seungwan thought it was strange because her best friend rarely gets angry even if the issue was a big deal. Judging from the nerve-wracking atmosphere, something bad must’ve happened to the blonde girl. 

Seungwan waited patiently until Sana was ready to tell her what exactly was going on.

When Sana finally calmed a bit, she released a long sigh, and scooted closer to the other girl in the couch.

 

“You won’t believe who I bumped into at the grocery store.” 

“Spill out.” 

“Momo. Uh-huh, your cousin, Hirai Momo.” Sana blurted out. “I thought that that day at Joohyun’s basketball game practice will be the first and last time we’ll ever see her, but I’m so stupid to think like that. The world is small.”

“You sound so angry. Did she provoke you?” Seungwan asked, fingers digging into her palms until small crescents formed on her skin. 

Seungwan didn’t expect to hear about Momo again.

She didn’t expect that her cousin was the reason why her best friend was far from calm.

“No, I’m angry at myself.” 

“Did you curse her in public, and got yourself embarrassed?”

“That’s not funny, Wan-ah.” Sana groaned. 

“Why are you mad then?” Seungwan chuckled. 

“I was supposed to walk away after we bumped into each other, but I ended up initiating a conversation, and asked her what happened to her and your sister for the past three years. Ugh, curiosity got the best of me.” 

 

And so, Sana told Seungwan everything.

Although the latter didn’t want to hear about them, she deserved to know because after all they were her family. 

After Taeyeon and Momo ran away from their crime three years ago, they went into hiding for five days before they decided to getaway from Seoul to Europe—Germany to be exact. 

They continued their studies there, and came back home this year after realizing that they missed Korea, and Seungwan.

During their stay in Germany, a few of their family members contacted them, but they ignored all of their calls and messages, except for Momo’s older sister. Momo lied to her by saying that she and Taeyeon were bored in Korea so they wanted to be somewhere else for a long while. 

Momo confessed that she and Taeyeon killed Taeyeon and Seungwan’s father.

Although Momo’s sister was shocked, she promised not to tell anyone despite knowing that hiding it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter