Chapter 46: Calling for an Emergency Meeting

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What kind of approach should we go with?”

Hanbin crosses his arms across his chest and gives it some thought. “We tell her she can leave after–,”

“But, we don’t want her to leave.”

Hanbin looks up and stares at the four faces across from him– Junhoe, Bobby, Jennie, and Jisoo. 

“I know, but you guys need to use your heads a little more,” he points out. 

“Says the kid who only knows how to use his brain for pranks,” Jennie retorts. 

Far from being offended, Hanbin chuckles. “A creative mind definitely is useful in this situation, isn’t it?” 

Biting her tongue, Jennie reluctantly allows him to continue. 

“We find out exactly when she’s trying to leave and try to prolong it. Then, we use the time to convince her to stay.”

“How could we convince her?” Junhoe asks. 

“By finding out why she wants to leave in the first place.”

“Well, how do we do that?” Bobby asks. 

“Aren’t you going to include us?” 

The four turn around towards the doorway to find Mino and the other residents standing behind him. 

***

“Hayi, we have some questions.”

The boys decided it would be best to leave the job to the girls. In other words, they didn’t want to do the whole ‘heart to heart’ stuff. 

“How much do you know about Mina?” Jennie asks. 

Jisoo notices Hayi wringing her hands underneath the common room’s table. “We’re just trying to prevent Yiseul from leaving. But, we also don’t want to make you uncomfortable–,”

“If it gets Yiseul to stay, I’ll tell you guys.”

The initially nervous girl now seems to have a different glint in her eyes. 

Both Jennie and Jisoo nod, allowing Hayi to go at her own pace.

“Yiseul helped me once before she came here as a dorm head, but I don’t think she remembers,” Hayi starts off.  

***

“You’re not quite a good fit for Yiseul.”

The sudden words stir Hanbin’s confusion as he looked over his shoulder to see who it came from. He finds Suhyun is one step from entering the girl’s bathroom before bed, her hair pulled back by a headband. 

He’s humored by the sight of the girl delaying her bedtime routine just to mention that to him. “Why not?”

She shrugs. “I don’t know. The ‘bad boy’ type seems to be more swoon-worthy.”

“So, you mean, Jinhwan?”

Suhyun juts out her lip and gives it some thought. “Yeah, definitely him.”

“Jinhwan goes around intimidating people and getting into fights and that’s more ‘swoon-worthy’?”

“But, he has a soft spot for cute animals– or maybe even Jaewon,” she snaps her fingers as the second boy comes to mind.

“He’s a complete playboy.”

“But, he might change for Yiseul.”

Hanbin is at a loss for words. “I can see why your brother has a problem with your choices.”

She rolls her eyes as he walks away. 

***

“Hey, Yiseul.”

She stops and finds Hanbin trying to catch up with her in the snow. With the morning sun beaming into her eyes, Yiseul painfully squints to watch him. 

“Where are you going so early in the morning?” 

“Mina asked to meet today.”

“Oh, are you heading to her dorm building?” he asks. 

She nods. 

“Okay, well quick question before you go– what do you think of Jinhwan?”

Confused by the answer he could possibly want from the question, it takes Yiseul a moment to respond. “Jinhwan is a nice guy.”

“What do you think about the trouble he gets in?”

“I hope Jinhwan keeps himself and others safe.”

“What about Jaewon?”

“I don’t really know Jaewon.” She has had so few encounters with him that she really doesn’t know much about him.

“You know he’s a playboy.”

“I do know of his frequent changing of girlfriends.”

He wouldn’t call them ‘girlfriends’, but that’s irrelevant. “What do you think about it?”

“I hope he doesn’t continue hurting their feelings.”

Hanbin nods. “What I got from our conversation is that your relationship with them is strictly plat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter