Thirteenth Chapter

My Cyber World

”HWANI, WAIT.” Sung Yeol’s screaming voice made me halt and I came to a stop, though I didn’t turn around. Why did I even listen to him? I didn’t even know him. I started walking again, and it wasn’t until a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me backwards that I stopped. My body tensed under his touch as he spun me around so that I was facing him.
“Why did you leave like that? Did I do something wrong?”

My heart was beating fast, I didn’t know whether it was because I was afraid, or because of the fact that I practically ran out of the café. I stared up at him. “Why do you even care?” my words came out harsh and I saw how his mouth twitched slightly.

“Because you’re not safe.”

My eyes widened in horror, those words were so similar to the ones that had been posted on that chat-box. Was Sung Yeol the one who had written that? Oh god, what if all this was just an act. Maybe he wasn’t any different from any other guy.

“Get away, get away from me.” I was growing scared by each passing second as I tried to free my arm from his grip. But instead he clasped a hand over my mouth and pulled me inside an alley. That’s when I truly started to panic so much that tears were forming in my eyes.

“Calm down, I’m not going to hurt you.” he stated in a firm and relaxed tone. But how could I trust him when he had done all this just now. Why couldn’t he see that I was afraid and scared?

He withdrew his hand a few minutes later, when I somehow had managed to calm down. Though, I don’t know how I succeeded in doing so. He kept saying that he wouldn’t hurt me. And somewhere deep down inside, I believed him. Though, if it had been MyungSoo telling me so, then I would definitely not believe him.

“Why should I believe you?” I questioned him; I didn’t know why I felt so brave at that moment. Maybe it was because I didn’t see him as a threat.

“Because I am the only person who has helped you out.” he scanned my troubled face, how did he know that? I had never told anyone about that, except for that I had written it in my Internet diary. No, he couldn’t have read it, and besides. It wasn’t like he could know that it was me, right? Once again did I find myself staring at him. How could he know all this?

“How do you know that?” I shot at him, I were growing impatient and somewhat scared over how much he seemed to know. What if he knew about me getting beaten up? No, he couldn’t because all those pictures. Everything was stored in my laptop, not uploaded on the net, so he couldn’t know about that.

“Well, you can always fallow me home and see for yourself.” A smirk played on his lips as he pierced his eyes into mine.

“Is that suppose to be a pick-up line?” I scoffed slightly, which was a bad move because he suddenly leaned his face closer to mine. I gulped down on my saliva as he said that I could take it how I wanted it to, which probably meant that it was suppose to be a pick-up line.

‘Cheesy much.’

But curiosity took the better of me and I agreed with fallowing him home. It was only because I wanted to know how he could know so much, things that I hadn’t spoken about out loud. “Do you live far from here?” I asked him once he had taken his face away from mine.

“Not really, just a few bus stations away.”

Without further ado I started to walk towards the nearest bus station. But not without Sung Yeol calling my name from behind. Did he have to call my name out like that, what if Sangmin and his friends were close by. They would probably beat the crap out of him and then Sangmin would drag me home again.

“YAH, HWANI.” Sung Yeol was practically yelling my name out loud. I stopped walking and then turned around before I stalked up to him and made myself stand on the tip of my toes as I then clasped a hand over his mouth. I told him to not yell out my name like that anymore. I laughed inside my head at the look he gave me.

“Why not?” he questioned as soon as I let my hand free from his mouth.

“Sangmin.” I whispered ever so quietly, but apparently not enough since Sung Yeol seemed to have snapped it up. Because in the next second he wondered what I meant by that.

“N-nothing, ah right. Do you possible know who beat the guy you saved me from the other day?” I asked him. I felt embarrassed by the fact that I admitted openly that he was the one that had saved me. Though, I couldn’t understand why he did it, it wasn’t like he knew me. But all those thoughts disappeared when I saw how he began to smirk slightly.

“You did it.” I stated in a matter of fact tone and I could see how his smirk grew even wider. Oh god, what am I going to do. Sung Yeol was going to be the cause of my death. “Don’t do it again, ever.” I tried to sound as threatening as possible.

“Why?”

I sighed; it was no way that I was telling him. “Just forget it.” And with that I started to walk away from him. But I knew that he caught up with me when I felt a hand slide into mine and I froze. I glared at him once I’d turned around.

“Yah, do you always need to have psychical body contact when you talk to someone?” I shot the question at him as I pulled my hand away. But just like any other time did I regret it immediately. For the first time it actually looked like he was hurt by my words. And the weak person as I was, apologized to him while bowing my head. But when I was straightening myself up I found him smiling like a fool. Was it really that fun?

“Stupid.” I murmured and stalked off for the third time. But right out of the blue did he appear again. But this time he didn’t grab onto my arm or slide his hand into mine. No. He actually picked me up and started to carry me towards the bus stop that we just minutes ago had passed by. People were looking at us and I hide my face behind my hands. This was just beyond embarrassing. It was in the middle of the day, on a Saturday too just to make everything worse. It was just great.

He placed me down just as the bus arrived and as I were about to make a run for it, he grabbed onto my arm and pulled me along, inside the bus. He pushed me in front of him, I guess it was because then I couldn’t run.
My predictions had been right. He lived in a fancy neighborhood. It was tall apartment buildings that shot up towards the sky. But to be honest, I actually thought he would live in a villa, not in an apartment. Well, anyhow. It was expensive neither less.

I fallowed after Sung Yeol into the building where we were greeted by a guard. This was just getting better and better. After that, we rode the elevator up to the absolute top and I found myself step inside the penthouse of the building, in clear words, the most expensive apartment in the whole building. Who were his parents that actually could afford this?

“Yah, hyung…”

My eyes widened at what I saw, MyungSoo. What the hell was he doing here?