Last Chapter

My Cyber World

One week had passed since I was at the police office in Seoul, a place that I wouldn’t return to anytime soon. I’ve moved to another city, another country to add onto the excitement with those two; Sung Yeol and MyungSoo.
I’ve moved to the US, to New York to be exact. And the three of us plus Sooni is living in this huge apartment in downtown New York; it’s as beautiful as the apartment in Seoul.

Talking about Seoul and South Korea, everything, every year of my life had been printed in the newspapers. My whole life was for everyone to read. How my mother died, when my real dad started to beat me up, how old I was when I got placed in an orphanage. About what the Yoo family did to me, the two years of abuse.

But I already knew that, the media didn’t care about the person. They only wanted a story to tell. But I hadn’t read all the newspapers, because all of them repeated the same thing, over and over again.

The four of them, Mr and Mrs. Yoo, Sangmin and Yong Sook, all of them were kept in custody until the trial. Yes, the police had taken on the case and were prosecuting the four of them. From what I’ve heard, Sangmin is probably the one who’ll get the longest jail time, followed by the rest of them. I didn’t care who’d be serving the longest time, only that they got what they deserved.

But the surprises didn’t stop there. I think it was two, maybe three days ago when Go Eun suddenly called me on my cell phone. I didn’t know it was her at first since I didn’t recognize the number, either how, I answered and she asked me if it was Hwani speaking. I told her yes and she said that her name was Go Eun. I was stunned over the fact that she called; she hated me so it made absolutely no sense at all.

She told me that she was sorry for what she’d done, that she shouldn’t had been so mean to me. I explained to her that past is past and you can’t change that, but I also told her that it was alright. She couldn’t have known about my private life, because to her I was just any other weak person that she could push around.

But I didn’t blame her; it was no use with doing so. I didn’t want negative feelings stored inside of me anymore; I only wanted happiness and laughter.

Right, talking about that, happiness and laughter, I still couldn’t chose. Sung Yeol or MyungSoo, I did love them equally much so how could I choose?

“Hwani?” I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Sung Yeol calling my name in the distance, I glanced down at Sooni who was sleeping soundless in my lap. Carefully I let her down onto my bed as I tip-toed out of the room; I didn’t want to wake her up.

I went over to Sung Yeol’s room and stuck my head inside, but he wasn’t there. Okay, the kitchen then, he wasn’t there either. The only place he could be at then was the living room and the bathroom. Though I would definitely not check the latter one so I headed towards the living room, I was right. He was seated on the couch together with MyungSoo, the television was on and showing some sort of food show.

My bet was that they were hungry and wanted me to cook up something for them. Come to think about it, we hadn’t eaten anything in the apartment; the kitchen was about as new and untouched. The only thing in use in that kitchen was the refrigerator stoked with numerous of water bottles and some other small things, but no real food.

“What?” I murmured in a happy sing-song voice as I strode up to them, though I didn’t sit down because I were pretty sure that they wanted me to go out and buy food. But that didn’t seem to be what they wanted, because Sung Yeol suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me down onto the couch.

I stared at him, confused and a bit wondering.

“Don’t look so scared, I won’t do anything. I only have a question or more like we have a question.” he explained and I let out a small sigh of relief as I shifted my gaze towards MyungSoo and then back at Sung Yeol. Just by the look those two gave me I knew what it was. Should I escape? Hell yes, I couldn’t turn one of them down and pretend that everything was going to okay. So either I had to run or turn them both down.

Yes, that was my thoughts, but in reality it didn’t go as I planned, like usual.

Because when I tried to stand up and run my both hands were grasped and my body collapsed down onto the couch again. I was trapped as the both of them clutched their hands around my wrists and I sighed in defeat. “I can’t do this.” I pouted as I stared down at the floor. I seriously can’t choose.

“Why not?” they both uttered and my shoulders sank as I thought about it. They’d both saved me in one way or another. They both made me happy; I could easily laugh and smile around the both of them. And I love them both, so who do I chose?

“Because I love the both of you equally.” My cheeks heated at the words I just uttered and I bit my lip embarrassed. I wonder how many people do actually love two at the same time. I was guessing that it weren’t many. I felt a light squeeze from MyungSoo’s side and I glanced over at him, he didn’t look concerned or bothered at all over what I’d just said. On the other hand, I couldn’t actually tell what he felt. Because he gave me a look that I’d never seen before and therefore I couldn’t put it into emotions.

There was a moment of complete silence; I didn’t know what to say. And they didn’t seem to know that either. I shifted my gaze to the television and catch the glimpse of a chicken exiting an oven and my stomach growled at the sight.

I heard how a low laugh escaped Sung Yeol’s lips and I frowned slightly, weren’t he precisely in deep thoughts? Apparently not, “I’m hungry.” Maybe they would put this love-triangle to the side for a while so that I could get to think a bit more. Who am I kidding, even if I got my whole lifespan to decided, it would be impossible.

“Please can we eat.” I begged in an overly cute voice, but none of them seemed to be the slightest affected by it. Hm, I guessed that girls already tried that on them many times before and that they’ve grown tired of it.

“You love us both equally?” Sung Yeol suddenly asked and I turned my attention to him, I nodded my head twice as he stared at me. Or more like over my head and towards MyungSoo. I couldn’t see what MyungSoo did because I had simply turned my head in MyungSoo’s direction too slow. I began to wonder if they were up to something, though those thoughts were cut short by Sung Yeol interrupting.

“I guess that it’s settled then.”

I shot him a look of wonder, what was he talking about. For all I knew, nothing was settled. My heart was still in chaos. “Since you can’t decide we’ll share.” Sung Yeol stated and I stared at him as I laughed out a what. “We’ll both share you, since you obviously can’t chose and we both love you.” MyungSoo explained further and my mouth formed an ‘O’ as I tried to take in and cooperate everything they were saying.

“But how can you share a person?” I asked, totally dumbstruck, were they going to cut me in half so each one of them would have a part of me. I laughed in my mind over my stupid thoughts; I had a hard time believing that they would kill me. “What we mean is that we’ll both show affection for you. That we don’t have to hide our feelings.”

Okay, that made sense.

“So I don’t have to choose? I can still love the two of you just like before? But are you sure it’s alright to do this; sharing?” I wanted a straightforward answer because I didn’t want any complications later on. “No you don’t have to choose, and you can love us just like you did before. And about the sharing part, Sung Yeol and I have known each other practically our whole lives and so far we’ve shared everything. ” MyungSoo smiled.

“Okay then.” I stood up and headed towards the telephone, I really wanted to eat chicken today after seeing that show. Though I stop halfway and turned my heel around so that I was looking at them again.

“But just so you know, I’m still sleeping in my bed.” I stuck out my tongue at them and then swirled around and continued towards the phone with a smile on my lips. The uneasy feeling inside my heart was completely gone and I could only think about what the future had in store as I glanced in the direction of the living room.

‘I guess sharing is caring.’