Eight Chapter

My Cyber World

I said a low goodbye to Sung Yeol, who did the same before I pushed the door to my homeroom open and then stepped inside. I could hear some girls gossiping in the front, it wasn’t something unusual. But the fact that my name was mentioned was not something that happened, never. Sung Yeol’s name was also mentioned. But the words they used to describe him weren’t nice. Definitely not, and that made me a bit furious.

If they only knew that Sung Yeol was much better of a person then their stupid oppa, Sangmin, aka: My disgusting brother. At least Sung Yeol could tell the difference between right and wrong, something that Sangmin couldn’t.

“Yah, won’t you shut it?” I half yelled towards them. Though they didn’t stop, instead they started to yell back at me. They were joking about that I probably got all the bruises I have from Sung Yeol. I tried to say something back, but I couldn’t. I didn’t know what to say. Even if I said that it was Sangmin doing it, no one would believe me. They would only laugh as if I had told them a joke.

One could wish that it was a joke, but for me it was reality.

Suddenly, the homeroom door was slide opened by the teacher, who begged everyone to return to their seats.

And so it went on the whole lesson, people talking behind my back about me and Sung Yeol. And it didn’t get any better when I snapped up the most horrible things.

I wanted to defend him, yet I couldn’t and what made me feel bad was that Sung Yeol was the only one who’d defended me. But I couldn’t return that favor. Though, when the bell rang, the students began gossiping again. And when I made my way towards the cafeteria to get something to eat I heard someone whispering about how that Sung Yeol was using me as a toy that he would play with.

I couldn’t stand it, being around all those people who don’t know anything about what is going on. They should keep their mouths sealed, precisely how they do in class when the teacher asks them a question.

So instead of eating I made my way past the students and stepped outside, the weather was nice and the sun was shining brightly above. But as I where about to turn around I bumped into someone. I feared that it could be Sangmin so I made a run for it. Which maybe wasn’t the smartest thing to do since there where nowhere to run.

Then it hit me, I could run and hide at the place that I had done this morning. And so I did, but the person was fallowing me while shouting. My chest was pumping out adrenalin as I hide behind the wall, waiting for the person to pass by.

But he or she never did, maybe that person thought it was no use in running after someone who just bumped into him/her. It wasn’t like I had hit the person or something. Or destroyed something, oh god what if I did.

When I thought the fear was over I stepped out of my hideout, only to be pushed inside again. It felt as if I where reliving this morning once again. I couldn’t hold back my tears as they flooded down. “Please don’t hurt me.” I began to beg, Sangmin couldn’t be this cruel, right?

“Yah?” it was a man’s voice, but not a voice I could recall hearing anywhere. Which meant that it couldn’t be Sangmin, but then, who was it? Carefully I stared up at him, and into his eyes. It was him, Sung Yeol’s friend. But how come he wasn’t here this morning together with Sung Yeol.

His eyes pierced themselves into mine and I found myself mesmerized by its dept. It was as if his eyes where a bottomless sea. “It’s not nice to stare.” He blurted and I hurried to shift my eyes away. Why did I have to meet him? Why couldn’t I be a bit more discrete and not bump into people. “I’m sorry” I whispered and I could feel how he started to let go of my arms.

“D-do you know where Sung Yeol-sshi are?” I stammered low, why I wanted to know where Sung Yeol was, were because I needed to apologize about all the rumors going around. I bet it can’t be that pleasant for him.

“Why? Why do you want to know where he is?” he retorted back harshly and I back up against the wall in a try to get further away from him. Just in case he would do something. “I need to apologize to him.” I stated and could see how he scanned my face, as if I where lying to him.

“Hyung is..” the guy before me began but were interrupted by Sung Yeol himself. “I heard someone calling for me.” Sung Yeol showed off his baby cheek’s when he smiled widely towards the two of us. Though, I where a bit taken aback by his sudden show up and thus causing my brain and heart to have a nervous break-down.

I had never been this close to two guys. And it was heart-wrenching. Though, it was something with Sung Yeol that made me loosen up. For me he was the least threat between the two standing before me. God, I didn’t even know the other guy’s name. I hurried over and stood behind Sung Yeol, using him as a shield from the other one, which resulted in that Sung Yeol started to laugh. And the other guy to frown.

“S-Sung Yeol-sshi please tell your friend that I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into him.” I begged as I grabbed a hold of Sung Yeol’s school uniform from behind.

“Hwani, he wouldn’t do anything to you, relax.” Sung Yeol turned serious again as he told me that the person in front wouldn’t do such a thing. I wanted to believe him, I really did. But there was something with that guy; he seemed so different from Sung Yeol.

“Dongsaeng-ah maybe you should introduce yourself.” Sung Yeol stated and the other guy did as his hyung told him to. “Yeh, yeh, I’m MyungSoo.” The guy introduced himself with a dark voice, as if he was wondering why he needed to introduce himself to a complete stranger. Well I totally understood him.

“So, now with that done, what did you want to say to me?” Sung Yeol turned around so that he was facing me. I gulped down on my saliva and then backed away slowly. “Please don’t get mad at me.” I whispered in a low voice. He nodded once.

“I’m sorry for all the rumors about you and me, I never knew it would turn out like that, please forgive me.” I bowed down, waiting for him to say something. And he did. “It’s nothing to worry about, it wasn’t your fault.” He answered in a light voice, and I straightened my back and looked at him. His eyes were friendly and I felt a calmness in my heart.