Thirtyeight Chapter

My Cyber World

I would never go back to Yong Sook’s apartment just to get my laptop back, never. What if he was still there waiting? I knew for a fact that I wouldn’t be able to escape a second time. This would be a never ending cycle. Tomorrow morning I would need to go to school like usual, to meet everyone I despised. Get terrorized by Sangmin and now Yong Sook as well. This would never stop.

“Hwani relax, didn’t you see that I was looking at your pictures yesterday?” Sung Yeol asked as he raised an eyebrow, I didn’t know what he meant by that. But it was true; I had seen my pictures, my videos that I’d managed to record when Sangmin hit me, without him knowing of course. But I still didn’t understand what Sung Yeol meant.

“I hacked into your laptop.” I’d already guessed that he had hacked into my laptop or where else could he have gotten his hands on all those things. “So?” just because he had seen it didn’t mean it would hold in a possible trial. There was no proof what so every, and his words could have been made up.

“I’ve saved everything on mine.”

Did I just hear what I think I did, had Sung Yeol saved it on his laptop? So that meant that I wouldn’t need to go back and get mine. I didn’t know what flew in me, but I slung my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. Maybe it was because all this finally could end. At least I had them. I didn’t need anyone else but them.

My heart raced and my cheeks heated when I saw MyungSoo stepping out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist. These boys are making me crazy. The problem was that MyungSoo didn’t seem the slightest bothered by the fact that he was standing half in front of me.

I tore my eyes away from him and fixed them at the floor embarrassed.

“Should we go to the police?” Sung Yeol brought me out of my trance and I looked up at him. He was still standing before me with a frown on his lips. He seemed bothered, and so was I. I was terrified over what everyone was going to think if this ever came out, which I knew it would.

What would they think of the Yoo family? What would even happen to them? And what about Yong Sook, did I even have the right to destroy their lives? I knew that what they had done was wrong, but it still troubled me. They destroyed a big part of my life, I know that much. But what right had I to destroy theirs?

“What are you thinking?”

“Do I have the right to destroy their lives?” my question must’ve arrived as a complete surprise because his mouth twitched and his eyes widened slightly. “What, they’ve destroyed yours. And what you’re doing is not destroying, it’s making everything fair. What they have done to you these past years is not fair to you. Don’t ever think like that again.” he explained as he brought me into his embrace, his arms around my waist and my head against his chest.

“So should we go?” he pulled away and wiped my tears as he smiled. I didn’t need to think twice before I nodded and he walked over to his laptop and brought out an USB, which he inserted. Silence filled the air, with an exception for Sung Yeol hitting the keys on the computer.

I began to wonder where MyungSoo was and decided to go knock on his door; he had to be in there since I hadn’t seen him exit his room. I could hear footsteps getting closer and closer to the door before it was slung open. He was fully dressed in jeans and a simple t-shirt, yet he looked absolutely stunning.

“We are going to the police, are you coming as well?” I didn’t look straight at him while asking since I was still rather embarrassed about what happened earlier. My cheeks heated when I felt his hand slide into mine; I lifted my gaze from the floor and unconsciously set them on his lips. Something that made my heart exhilarate.

I shivered when I felt how he planted featherless kisses on my cheek before traveling down and capturing my lips. His arm sneaked around my waist and pulled me even closer, as he deepened the kiss to the extent that it was getting hard to breath.

Once we broke apart he traced a finger along my bottom lip while smirking. I bit my lip when he leaned in closer towards my face.

“You can’t leave me.” he whispered into my ear and I let out a small amused laughter, was he joking with me. “We are going to the police, so I think I must.” I raised my hand and pinched his nose slightly as I smiled. “I didn’t mean like that.” he whispered once again and now I was definitely dumbstruck, and I guessed he must’ve noticed it to because he let out a low laugh.

“I love you.” my body tensed and I shifted my gaze and stared into his eyes after I’d processed his words. Did I hear right or did he just tell me that he love me. I fidgeted with the end of my shirt as his eyes pierced into mine.

I still had a hard time believing that he who disliked me at first, he who didn’t want to be around me, he who always sent me those looks, he who was afraid to fall in-love with me actually did. I smiled at him as I grabbed his t-shirt for support and stood on the tip of my toes before I placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

“I love you too.” I whispered after that I’d pulled away. But I couldn’t hide that I felt bothered, because I did love Sung Yeol as well. Though I didn’t know who I loved the most, did I even love one of them more than the other?

“HWANI, MYUNGSOO.” Sung Yeol was yelling our names and you didn’t need to be a genius to understand that it was time to go. A lot of emotions bubbled inside of me as we made way to the hallway. I truly wanted to believe that everything was going to be alright, but honestly I didn’t know.

Even if I had evidence and proof of what the Yoo family had done to me, would the police even do something? For all I knew, the Yoo family could probably bribe the police into not taking the case. My heart sank and those thoughts.

“You okay?” MyungSoo poked my side and I looked at him with a grin as I told him that I was worried. “It’ll be okay, you have us.” he squeezed my hand reassuringly before the three of us exited and left for the police office.