Fourth Chapter

My Cyber World

No one had said anything once I stepped inside the classroom and preceded towards my seat, the best part was that it was located furthest back and right next to the window. So I had two choice when I where bored, either put up a book in front of me, so that it was covering me, then I could sleep. Or I could stare out the window.

Speaking of that, those two guys where still there.

They where both sitting down on the grass while leaning their backs against the hard stone wall. I couldn’t deny that they where a bit fascinating, they where after all skipping class. And that where usually if not always something one would get detention over, plus of course a report home.

“HWANI” I slipped out of my thoughts as I heard how the teacher where screaming at me, I stared at her, my heart racing at the sudden loudness. Laughter erupted from the other students and I felt how my shoulders sank in defeat.

The school day went by rather quickly and without me humiliating myself even more. Well except for that someone stuck out his shoe in the cafeteria, and thus making me fall forwards. The food slipped out of my hands and more laughter boomed inside my head. I didn’t care about cleaning up; I just headed for the door and the schoolyard.

I had met them there again.

But this time I avoided them and went to my hideout, consisting of a couple of trees. It may not be much of a cozy hiding place, but it served its purpose. I had stayed there until the school gates opened and I escaped the traps of the other students.

Getting home was easy, but not to get pass Sangmin. I didn’t even get the chance to run, because he grabbed a hold of me immediately once I closed the door behind. I froze as he slid his finger across my aching cheek. A smirk played on his lips before he harshly took a hold around my neck and pressed my lips against his.

Tears trickled down and smeared against his cheek, thus causing him to pull away. I cried as I begged for him to stop. A few seconds later I where standing on my knees, my hands clutching my stomach as I tried to breath. He had hit me so hard that all the air sipped out of me and I couldn’t breathe.

Desperately, I where gasping for air as I stared up at him. Despite my tears I could see that he was still smirking. What have I ever done to deserve this? I must’ve done something really terrible in my previous life to deserve all this.

“S-sangmin” I pleaded, for what I didn’t know. I just wanted it to stop, everything. But he blankly looked at me, before he turned his heel and walked off. It felt like an eternity before my breath recalled and when I did, all my strength flooded out off me and I collapsed on the floor.

I must’ve out for a minute because when my eyes shot open, everything was quiet, the whole house where dead silent and Sangmin didn’t say anything when I called out his name. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I got up on my legs, before I went straight towards the bathroom. I needed to clean up, get every trace of Sangmin off of me.

After doing so I went to make something to eat. I had eaten anything the whole day and where now starving. I didn’t feel like preparing something that took great amount of time because I didn’t have the strength. All I wanted to do was to sleep and forget about everything.

Why couldn’t Sangmin disappear, mom and dad too? I wanted someone who cared for me, what that now meant. I’d never had someone who cared and treasured me so I wouldn’t know how it would feel like. But I where sure that it was nothing like being beaten up, threatened and scared.

How it would be nice to have a lovingly mother who prepared delicious lunches, a cool dad who could take me with him to work when I where bored, siblings whom could cheer me up and friends who treasured me as a real friend whom they could talk to about anything.

But I had none of them.

All I had was nothing.

I wonder, if I ran away would anyone even notice that I where gone? A light bulb appeared over my head and I hurried over with heavy steps to my room, before I started to pull out a suitcase. I could take care of myself the best without anyone interfering.

And with those words echoing inside my head I started to pack down my things, or at least the most important stuff, and with that meaning, clothes, my laptop and a picture of my real mother. With that done I zipped it close before I dived inside my closet and my money hideout. With all this years of saving up almost all the money I got from them. It must be enough. As of now, it needed to be millions of won.

I pressed down my purse in my bag before I dragged the suitcase along with me. I pressed my jaws together as I stepped out from the house and went down the street. The problem now was, where was I supposed to go?

A hotel, it was safest for now. Maybe I could get an apartment for myself later on.

The first thing I did when settling down inside a hotel room at a nearby hotel was to bring out my laptop. And then get it started. Luckily for me was that no one knew about what I was doing on the Internet. Not even Sangmin.

But what he did know was my cell phone number. And worst, he was a Kyunggi high school student, just like me, though he was a year older than me.