Thirtyfirst Chapter

My Cyber World

Every single day this week had I avoided them, well with an exception from the detention because there I couldn’t run away. Though, in school it was safer to be around them than outside. Still I pretended like they didn’t exist every time we walked past each other. I know Sung Yeol didn’t like it, but MyungSoo didn’t seem the slightest bothered. At least it didn’t look like it because he never showed it.

Of course it wasn’t easy to do that. Especially not after seeing Sung Yeol’s pouty and half depressed face each and every time. I wished that this could get better, but honestly I had no idea of how. It was not an easy thing to find someone who just popped out like that.

But because of all this I hadn’t put my plan to work yet, and today would be the absolute last day to do it before it was too late. More like, detention was the only way possible. Though, I didn’t know whether I had enough courage to do it.

Well, I would know soon enough since it was only one class left before the detention would start, history. And as much as I were happy that it was finally Friday, I was still sad because when next school week start I won’t have an excuse to see MyungSoo anymore.

“Hwani-sshi could you please pay attention.” The history teacher; also known as Kim Ah Young snarled at me and I hastily changed my gaze from the window to her. She didn’t seem too happy about my lack of interest as she continued talking about the Joseon Dynasty. It wasn’t like I hated Korean history or anything; it’s just that right now I got a lot of things on my mind. And it feels like as if I’m going insane.

“You okay?” I heard Yong Sook whisper as he kept his gaze attached to the chalkboard in front. I told him that everything was just fine; I didn’t want to worry him more than enough.

He didn’t ask me anything more after that and I felt relieved since I didn’t know how much more I would be able to keep for myself. It truly felt as if all the lies, emotions and thoughts were eating me up from the inside, because it was really that painful.

I stole glances on my classmates as I wondered how their lives were like. Did they all live perfect lives? Honestly I doubted it, because to live the life they had needed parents who worked their butts off. The school fee was not cheap, plus the lifestyle, clothes, houses and everything else they owned. And how much don’t they spend on studying just to be accepted as a possible successor.

In that aspect I’m rather happy that the Yoo family don’t care about my grades that much, since Sangmin is the successor of their company and not me.

“Yoo Hwani get out, if you don’t like it then you may leave.” Mrs. Kim pointed at the door and I frowned slightly as I packed down my things in the bag I got from Yong Sook on my birthday, and then left with a low goodbye to Yong Sook. I watched how Go Eun stared at me when I headed to the door and as I was about to slide it open I saw how she stuck her tongue out.

I fought the urge to show my middle finger at her, because I knew I would be send to the principal’s office if I went through with it. And knowing that I’ve been there quite a lot the past weeks I found it rather unnecessary to say the least.

Instead I headed towards the classroom where the detention was kept.

But just as I was about to enter I saw that MyungSoo was already there, I felt how my cheeks began to heat up and how my pulse increased. I couldn’t understand why I suddenly felt so nervous just being around him. It had never been like that before. I took a deep breath before I entered the room with a small smile plastered on my lips, as if that would make me feel less nervous. Well it didn’t work.

I watched how he lifted his head and stared right into my eyes. It felt as if my heart had entered heaven, because the feeling inside me could not be compared to anything.

“Why are you here so early?” he asked me after that he broke our staring contest and I went to sit at the bench right behind him before I placed down my bag on the floor. “My history teacher kicked me out.” I pouted slightly as I heard how MyungSoo let out a small amused laughter before he asked me what I’d done to be kicked out.

Silence filled the room for a couple of seconds, I didn’t know what to answer because I didn’t want to tell him about all the things that have happened these past weeks, and especially not about my plan. Oh right, my plan. This was my last chance.

“I –.” Before I got the chance to even finish my sentence the door to the classroom was slide open and the teacher who managed the detention stepped inside with this huge frown on his face and I knew that this hour would be pure hell. I think MyungSoo noticed it as well because his upper body rose before it sank down hastily, as if he sighed.

“Okay, since today is the last day of MyungSoo-sshi’s detention I would want the two of you to write down the dreams you had when you were young and the dreams you have now. I’ll be back in forty minutes.” The teacher spoke and without further ado he left the room just like that. And I had been right, today would be the worst.

How can I write down the dreams I have today when I simply don’t have any dreams. I’d always been occupied with living through the day so any thoughts about my dreams had never been anything I’ve paid any attention to.

I stared right forward as in an attempt to recall any dreams I’ve possible had. But you didn’t need to be a genius to understand that I didn’t have any. But there was one thing, though I didn’t know if that could be seen as a dream or simply a wish. Either how, I’d always wanted for my mother to come back. Silly, I know since I understand that she won’t come back.

The minutes ticked on and before I knew it half an hour had passed as I stared down at my blank paper. Should I lie and just scribble something down?

I didn’t.

The teacher returned and asked us if we had finished, no one said anything and the teacher continued, he wanted us to tell the other person what our dreams was. He wanted MyungSoo to tell me his dreams, and I was supposed to tell MyungSoo about my dreams.

“Okay I want you to place your chairs so that you face each other while speaking, so it would be great if you could rearrange them.” Hesitantly I stood up before I pulled out my chair and placed it down in-between two benches. Meaning that if someone were to walk to the chalkboard that person needed to take another way because our chairs would block this way.

After that we had placed ourselves down on our chairs we glanced over at the teacher who told us to begin. I shifted a bit uncomfortable at the closeness between the two of us since our knees would brush against each other once in a while. I lifted my head so that I was looking at him; my gaze was fixed on his nose. I didn’t want to stare directly at him because for me this was awkward enough.

“Okay, ehm, I can’t recall what my dream was when I were younger. Though right now my dream is to have a real family.” Halfway through the speech, when he was about to begin what his dream was right now I found myself shift my gaze to his eyes.

‘A real family, you’re not alone in wanting that.’

“Okay, now it’s your turn Hwani-sshi.”

I shifted my gaze around the room as I nervously bit my lip. I honestly didn’t want to tell them, they would think I was weird for not having a dream. Everyone have dreams, except for me.

“I – I don’t have a dream.” I stuttered before I could hear the doorbell ringing in the distance and the teacher practically ran from the room after saying goodbye. My gaze was fixed on the floor beneath, I felt so embarrassed over the fact that I didn’t have a dream.

“You don’t have a dream?” MyungSoo asked and it sounded as if he was surprised about it. I know, a girl at my age should have tones of dreams. Such as marrying the perfect man, get kids and live happily ever after. But reality was not like that, at least not for me. “No I d –.” I stopped mid sentence when I remembered that I had one thing, my plan.

“I have one.” I simple stated and then waited for him to ask me what it was. Of course I didn’t tell him about my plan because I knew he would refuse, instead I told him to don’t get mad. He stared at me for a couple of seconds before he nodded once. I inhaled through my nose bore I let the air sip out through my mouth.
I had to do it now or else I would forever suffer. I knew that it would only hurt me more if I continued like this.

I bit my bottom lip as I pushed my body closer to the edge of the chair as I brought my hands up and gently placed them on each side of his face. I saw how he blinked his eyes rapidly a few times, seemingly surprised by what I was doing. But I had to keep focus on what I was going to do or else I would chicken out.

So after placing myself comfortable I tilted my head slightly before I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. One second passed, two seconds and he didn’t push me away as I thought he would. Instead I felt a hand sneak around my neck before he pulled me closer and I fluttered my eyes shut.

I finally understood those feelings now. Who my heart was beating a little extra for, the person I always longed after to see when he weren’t around was after all MyungSoo and there was no idea in denying it now.

But as much as I liked him, this would be the last time I would be able to meet him. After today I would treat him like a complete stranger, it was for the best that way. You should protect the ones you love, even if it means you have to step back and love them from afar.