Seventeenth Chapter

My Cyber World

Once I’d woken up the next day my body felt really bad, but despite that I slipped out of bed and walked towards the door that lead outside. I really wanted to look at the view and the beautiful flowers. After sliding the door open I stepped out, and into the somewhat hot weather despite that it was September.

Though, it wasn’t much exploring because I got tired really fast and decided to just lie down and relax on the huge couch that was standing there. My head immediately stopped spinning once my back came in contact with the soft fabric. But I couldn’t understand why I got so sleepy all of a sudden. I had slept the whole night so it made no sense.

“Just a little while.” I murmured and closed my eyes. It felt really good since the pain in my body seemed to lessen, even if it was just a tiny bit. I disappeared in and out of my dreams due to the fact that sweat was starting to run down my forehead and I slowly opened my eyes. Only to find myself stare into another pair of eyes.

“You shouldn’t sleep here.” It was MyungSoo’s oh so familiar voice that called me back to earth, and I groaned inside my head. Though, as I sat up in the couch my head started to spin even more violently than before. And it didn’t get any better once I stood up on my legs, because they felt like jelly.

This was great, just great. Ugh, why couldn’t he go inside again and leave me alone in my misery. I took a quick glance at him and he made no effort what so ever in getting inside the apartment.

Focus was the only word running through my mind; if I kept focus on my walking then perhaps I didn’t have to make a complete fool out of myself. But I could see in the corner of my eye that he was watching every step I took.

I didn’t take long for me to understand that my legs gave in bit by bit with every step I took, were I really so sick that I couldn’t stand on my own two legs?

Apparently, because in the next moment they actually gave in and I plunged towards the ground, or that’s what I thought, but before I actually hit the ground I felt a pair of hands around my waist. They kept me from hitting the ground completely. Despite that, I wasn’t happy. I would rather have hit it than him holding me up.

“Could you let go.” I uttered, but it wasn’t a question, he had to let go. And he did once I was standing straight. And I tried again, but failed just like the previous time and he once again caught me.

But I could never have prepared myself for what happened next; he actually picked me up and carried me over to my room before he placed me down on the bed. I felt even more embarrassed now. But of course it didn’t stop there. No. Instead of getting the hell out of there as you might’ve thought he placed his hand on my forehead, and I could see how his mouth twitched slightly as he said that I had a fever.

“Sooni, I needed to get Sooni now.” I shook his hand of off me and then sat up before I stood up on my legs. They were still wobbly and I had a hard time standing upright.

“What are you doing, get back on the bed.” MyungSoo gripped my wrist before he pulled me back. But I wasn’t going to let him win; I needed to get Sooni, now. Not later, not tomorrow. But right now.

“Who’s Sooni?” he asked after that he had made me face him. His face seemed troubled and I wondered what was causing him to feel so. Me? I hesitantly told him, to be honest. I didn’t want him to know of Sooni, I didn’t know why though. On the other hand, if Sung Yeol had been the one standing before me, then I don’t think I’d been so troubled, maybe because I trusted him more than I trusted MyungSoo.

He stared at me if I had totally lost my mind.

“So?” he raised his eyebrow as if he didn’t understand where I was going. “So I need to go get her.” I stated as I tried to free myself from MyungSoo’s hand. But it didn’t work out the way I wanted and instead he just tightened his grip around my wrist.

“No.” he simply stated before he pushed me down onto the bed again. “How can you go and get her when you can’t even stand on your own feet’s.” he snarled, obviously upset by the fact that I didn’t do what he said. “Could you just stay still for a moment and not move?” he asked as I eyed him suspiciously. What was he going to do?

Though, I don’t think I had a choice because as noticed. I couldn’t stand up, neither less walk. So I was trapped, whether I liked it or not.

I saw how he unlocked the bedroom door and then disappeared. Was he going to call for Sung Yeol so that he didn’t have to be bothered by me? Well it wasn’t like I wanted to be around him either.

My eyes shifted themselves from the bedroom door to the bathroom door and I couldn’t hide that I felt utterly embarrassed and ashamed about what had happened. Unconsciously I let a finger slide along my lips at the thought of him touching them with his, aish why did that have to happen.

Without any further thoughts I heard how the door was pulled open and I hurried to bring my hand back to my side. I didn’t want whoever it was to think I was insane. My eyes widened slightly when I saw what he, MyungSoo was holding in his hands, a towel and a bowl, which I think contained water.

I was right; because after that he had put the bowl down on the nightstand he dipped the towel into it, before he neatly folded it in half and leaned in to place it on my forehead. But I turned my head the other way, away from him while telling that I could do it myself. A loud sigh echoed in my ears and I felt a bang of guilt hit my chest and I found myself turning around.

Why did I have to ask Sung Yeol about MyungSoo, maybe I didn’t have to feel so guilty whenever I did something wrong towards him.

Once his hands came in contact with my skin I tensed. He must’ve felt it because his eyes flashed ever so slightly. He looked sad and I immediately regretted that I let myself get so scared. Why couldn’t I be so careless around MyungSoo as well? Then I wouldn’t have to be so troubled.

“S-sorry.” I stuttered after that he’d readjusted the towel and were on his way out. He came to a stop, but didn’t turn around as he asked where Sooni was. I froze for a second as my brain tried to take in and cooperate what he just said.