Fifteenth Chapter

My Cyber World

I stared at the floor where all my underwear, clothing, make-up and everything else where scattered, before I shifted my gaze towards Sung Yeol and MyungSoo who were both looking at my things. Why did that have to occur now? Couldn’t my bag have waited a few more minutes so that I could’ve been outside the house at least?

Hastily I bent down and put the bag on the floor so that I could stuff everything back in, so that they wouldn’t have to see my things. Especially not my underwear, though I didn’t know how I would get my things out of there since my bag just broke.

“Did you run away from home?” Sung Yeol questioned as he bent down and picked up one of my bras’, which I soon enough snatched away as I gave him a glare and said that I hadn’t ran away from home.

“Stay here.”

I stopped putting back my things as I glanced up on him; it actually looked as if he meant it because he was for once showing his serious side. “No.” I was definitely not going to stay here. I barely knew them.

“Then where did you stay last night?” My shoulder sank a bit when I remembered where I had stayed the previous night, and how much I had frozen. Plus, that I didn’t get any sleep because of the cold. But I weren’t complaining, since there were people out there who had it much tougher than I had, plus I had found Sooni.

“That’s not of your concern.” I spat back, and before I knew it MyungSoo had stepped forward and pulled me up on my legs. He stared down at me, and I could see in the corner of my eye that he raised his hand. I knew what was coming but I weren’t afraid. I’d gotten so used to this that it no longer made me scared.

“Hit me, come on, hit me.” I urged him to do it as I stared at him, watching how his eyes flashed. But he didn’t hit me. He just continued to stare at me with those eyes of him. “Why can’t you just hit me instead of showing pity?” I asked him as tears formed in my eyes. I felt how his hand shock a bit when my tears trickled down.

Suddenly MyungSoo released his grip around my arm and disappeared from the hallway, leaving me still crying and with a confused heart.

“Don’t cry.” Sung Yeol came forward and before I knew it, he had wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his embrace. Though my body didn’t tense up, maybe because my heart was too confused to know what it was suppose to do. Accept or decline?

Either way, I carefully placed my head towards his chest and let him hug me. I knew that it was no use with trying to run away, because he would always bring me back, one way or another.

We stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity before he eventually pulled back, and then carefully placed his hands against my cheeks as he then wiped away my tears while smiling. It wasn’t until now that I finally understood why I didn’t feel afraid when being around Sung Yeol. Because he didn’t make me scared despite that I said so many things to him that should’ve made him angry.

“Stay here.” Sung Yeol uttered after that I’d made myself calm down. I knew that staying inside was much safer then sleeping outside. If it weren’t for MyungSoo then I don’t think I would have such a hard time deciding. Hesitantly I asked him where I would be sleeping.

“In a bedroom?” he joked and I wriggled my mouth at him. I think I already sort of expected it to be inside a bedroom. “Heh, I meant as in like, could you show me?” I explained to him and I heard how he began to laugh slightly before he slid a hand into mine, and then dragged me along with him. Though I couldn’t say that his physical contact was something that I was overjoyed with, but on the counterpart, it wasn’t something that bothered me greatly either.

A few moments later I was guided inside a really luxurious and stylish room with black and white as the main theme. And the bed was huge. But the best part was that it had a door that lead out to a huge garden with pool, fireplace and an amazing view of Seoul.

“Like it?” Sung Yeol brought me out of my dreaming thoughts and I shifted my gaze from the interior and fixed it on him. I tried to smile at him; hopefully it looked better than the last time.

“It’s getting better.” He showed off his chubby cheeks as if he taunted me, in return I slapped his arm. Which I immediately apologized for, I was starting to get too careless when being around him. “Don’t worry. Are you hungry?” he changed the topic, which I was grateful of because otherwise it probably would’ve been awkward.

My stomach growled in reply as I grinned. I was hungry; I hadn’t eaten that much this morning. Could I blame that on him? He was after all the person who made me lose my appetite. “I’ll get something to eat. Do what you want; there are towels in the bathroom if you want to take a bath.” And with that he disappeared and closed the door behind him.

I stood there, just staring at the room before my eyes. It felt as if everything was just a dream. This was just too good to be true. Just like any other person would do I pinched my arm and let out a small yelp. It wasn’t a dream, so instead of standing there I put down my bag on the floor and released the grip that I had around the hole in my bag to prevent my clothes to fall towards the floor again. Though, I needed to go and buy a new bag before I left tomorrow because I couldn’t go around with this one.

After a good twenty minutes of exploring the room and the garden outside I decided to take a bath to freshen myself up. I had after all not showered since yesterday morning and I needed to change clothes.

The bathroom felt like heaven, everything was white. The bathtub, sink, everything was pure white, except for a few items. Such as the towels and some small decorations, I guessed that it was suppose to match the bedroom.

So after grabbing a new pair of clothing I locked the bathroom door and stripped myself out of my clothes, and then let my worn out body to sink down into the hot water. I don’t think I’ve ever appreciated a bath this much before. The warmth of the water made me even sleepier and I was starting to have trouble with staying awake. I felt how my eyelids closed and how I drifted off.

I was amazed by how light this dream was. A white sun was shining over me as someone descended from it.

Mom?