Thirtyfourth Chapter

My Cyber World

I had excused myself from MyungSoo, telling him that I needed to get home before I actually let in for my never growing feelings for him. He’d seemed a bit taken aback and surprised by my sudden words. Still he couldn’t hold onto me, he weren’t my boyfriend or my husband so he couldn’t keep me there.

Yong Sook hadn’t spoken to me during the whole night because he was angry and disappointed at me. Well he had alright too especially since I didn’t want to tell him what had happened. So I had showered and then grabbed something to eat before I went to bed.

But it was quite hard to fall asleep when Sung Yeol and MyungSoo kept bothering my thoughts. Honestly, I hadn’t seen Sung Yeol for weeks and I was actually starting to get worried over what he was up to since I hadn’t seen him in school, plus he hadn’t answered my text either.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and pressed myself forward to Sung Yeol’s phone number, I stared at it for a good few minutes before I flipped my phone shut again. I didn’t know what to say.

After placing it down I let my head sink towards the pillow as I closed my eyes. The minutes ticked on and I couldn’t fall asleep. I fluttered my eyes open and searched with my hand after the phone, once I found it I pressed open a new blank text.

‘I need to talk to you. Can we meet?’ I immediately pressed send so that no second thoughts would enter my mind and I would chicken out. It didn’t take many minutes before I heard how my phone vibrated and I flipped it open before I pressed the text forward.

‘Okay, where?’

The safest would be his place so that no one would see the two of us together. ‘Your place tomorrow?” hopefully he would answer yes because I truly needed to talk to him. But I weren’t too sure of how I was supposed to break it to him, that I love MyungSoo. What I feared to most was that he would think that I was a player.

I got a bit startled when the phone vibrated again. His answer to my question was okay and I sighed quietly before I let myself fall asleep. Tomorrow would be painful.

When I woke up the next day I rushed inside the bathroom after noticing that I had overslept for about thirty minutes. Once I was done with that I threw on my uniform before I grabbed my things and left. I wondered why Yong Sook hadn’t waked me up, more specific, why hadn’t he been there. It weren’t like he had work before school, only after.

I decided to brush that away, he had his own life after all and he could do exactly as he wanted to.

My trip to school was a bit unusual than it used to be since I was late and I had to run so that I would have a chance to get to school in time. I couldn’t jump over the wall today, not with my hand because I didn’t want to risk landing on it and actually break it. It was bothersome enough with a crack.

As I was about fifty meters away from the gate I saw how it was beginning to close and I speeded up further, my body slipped in-between the wall and the gate in the absolute last minute and I sighed in relief.

I was panting hard as I made my way to the classroom. Once there I found Yong Sook sitting at his bench while listening to music on his iPod. I sneaked up behind him before I poked his side, he jumped startled and I laughed at his reaction as I placed myself down on my chair.

The door was swiftly opened and in stepped the first teacher of the day. I just wanted this school day to end as soon as possible, and without any trouble. I just wanted one day to pass by peacefully. Hours after hours passed by without any incidents and I was actually starting to think that this day actually could turn out violent free.

But I had to be cautious of my every move, Sangmin could lurk around any corner in this school, and without anyone to protect me I was for sure doomed. He had never cared about anyone’s words before so why would he start now.

Lunch came and I ate together with Yong Sook, he carried my food tray and we happily chatted with each other. Still I kept my look out for all three of them. I noticed that Yong Sook seemed a bit bothered by the fact that I was constantly turning my head in every direction.

“Is something bothering you?” his sudden question took me by surprise and I shook my head as I told him that everything was okay. He didn’t object my weird answer and continued to eat. I felt a bit bad about not telling him but he got his own troublesome life and I didn’t want to smear extra trouble onto it.

After lunch we returned to our homeroom and four and a half hour more classes. After those I would have one hour detention and then my school day would be over and I could finally go to Sung Yeol’s apartment.

I could literally hear the clock ticking in my head as the minutes passed by. I don’t know how many times I glanced up on the clock hanging over the door. It was even so that one of the teachers had asked me if I had something more important that school to attend. I truly wanted to scream yes, but knowing how it would turn out I kept my mouth sealed and returned to what I was supposed to do.

Once the bell finally rang for the day I ran out, I was in such hurry that I almost forgot to bring my bag with me, luckily I had noticed it. I brought forward my cell phone and searched for Sung Yeol’s number and dialed it before I pressed it against my ear and listened as the tones sounded.

“Hello?” Sung Yeol’s oh so familiar voice boomed on the other end and I found myself smiling slightly as I answered him, I told him that I were on my way to his apartment. “Okay, I’ll meet you here then.” After that I had said goodbye I ended the call and let my phone slide back into my pocket as I strode outside and headed for the nearest subway station a few hundred meters away.

I decided to listen to some music since it would take a while before I would end up at his place. More like about twenty minutes, it wasn’t that far, but not too close either. I tried to come up with something to say to him. How was I going to tell him about MyungSoo?

I was so enclosed in my thoughts that I almost missed the station; it was precisely so that I didn’t get squeezed by the closing doors. I let out a sigh of relief as I started to walk towards the apartment block that I knew weren’t too far from the subway station.

It weren’t before I stood inside the elevator that my pulse started to increase, and all my thoughts were running around inside my head. When the doors slid open I began to doubt my choice of coming here.

But I had to, this was important.