Thirtysecond Chapter

My Cyber World

The struggle would begin now, I could no longer rely on Sung Yeol or MyungSoo to come and save me from my obstacles any more, I had to deal with them myself from now on.

I sighed deeply as I walked through the school gates and headed for my homeroom. My gaze shifted around on all the happily chatting and laughing students as I passed them by one by one. They seemed so unaware about the collapsing world around them. Or maybe it was just my own world that was collapsing.

Once I finally stepped inside the school I headed for the stairs and the third floor. But as I walked down the hallway to my homeroom I saw MyungSoo walking towards me, my heart began to race faster as I skidded past him in a hurry without even looking at him. I felt like crying when I placed myself down on my seat and buried my head in my hands.

If just walking past the two of them was going to be this hard, then just think about everything else. I could never greet them, never see them smile and laugh again. If loving them was going to be this hard then I wished I’d stayed away from them from the start. I’m not only jeopardizing their lives, but I’m causing myself more pain than Sangmin ever caused me. If I had been smart enough then I would’ve pushed them away earlier.

But it was too late now, even I knew that.

“Why did you leave so early?” I snapped my head to the side and caught sight of a frowning Yong Sook who was breathing heavily. Had he been running to school? “Sorry, I needed to think.” I stated and let my head sink down onto the bench as I listened to him continuing. He wondered what was bothering me and I told him that I had a lot on my mind.

“Oh, I bet it’ll get better.” He smiled reassuringly, though I doubted it. How was anything going to get better when I couldn’t see them. My shoulders along with my heart sank as I sulked. Why did that person have to in now when I finally have found something that makes my life worth living?

“Okay class, the lesson will start.” I shot my head up in haste; I hadn’t noticed that the teacher had entered the room. I guess my thoughts must’ve distracted me. I pulled out my math book and everything needed from my bag before I turned my attention towards the teacher.

The clock ticked on, thought it felt like a lifetime before it rang. And yet that was just the first class. There were five more to go before the school day was over, for them. Not for me since I had one hour detention as well, though, this week without MyungSoo. At least Sangmin weren’t there. I shivered at the thought of meeting him there.

One more class then lunch, but I honestly didn’t know what I should do, eat or skip? It was safer to skip just in case MyungSoo or Sung Yeol would be there, plus I wouldn’t have to listen to the students gossiping and pointing at me. The commotion over my suicide attempt hadn’t settled just yet and I knew that there were rumors going around in the school. Some of them were seemingly pointless and totally too weird to even believe. But then there was one rumor that was really bothering me; that I had been so in-love with Sangmin but that he wouldn’t accept my confession and instead I had dragged him up there so he could watch how he drove a person to commit suicide. Of course they’d added that MyungSoo had blamed everything on Sangmin.

Everyone was so naïve and defensive when someone said anything bad about Sangmin, it was never his fault, only everyone else’s. But I knew his true identity and it was nothing like the one he showed while being around people.

He was truly the devil.

But it didn’t matter what I told them, no one would believe me.

I heard how the bell rang once again and students soon flooded inside the classroom while shattering and playing. I sighed deeply as the next teacher entered the room and slammed his English book against the bench in front as he half yelled to everyone that they should shut their mouths. Of course no one did and that made him even more furious.

This time he forcefully yelled out his words as his face turned red, I tried to keep my laughter away over how comical it looked. The whole class quiet down and that’s when I couldn’t hold it and I erupted in laughter, maybe not the cleverest to do when the teacher was flamingly angry.

“YOO HWANI GET OUT.” my eyes widened and I closed my mouth in an instance as I scrambled to my feet’s and headed for the door. Why did I have to laugh, how hard could it be to keep my mouth shut when that’s practically what I’ve done half of my life.

What was I going to do now, it was nearly two hours left until it was lunch and I couldn’t skip school, it was no point when I knew that I would only get more detention hours, the roof? I chanced, hoping that the lock was still as simple as before the incident. But it soon came up to me that so was not the case. It was another lock that couldn’t be opened with a hairpin. I pouted slightly; it was not like I wanted to go outside either. It was almost November and the weather was freezing cold, no thanks.

Shouldn’t there be rooms that aren't in use?

I went to search for a room that weren’t in use and had a simple lock that was easy to pick. It wasn’t like I wanted to get caught picking a lock when I should be in class. Luckily for me I didn’t have to search for long before I finally found an empty room. It was a really small window that was located a bit above my head, so I needed to stand on the tip of my toes to glance in. It was a storage room with a few benches and chairs. After inspecting the lock I turned to look behind and around me so that no one would see, before I slide a hairpin out of my hair and slipped it inside the lock. A low clicking sound could be heard before I opened the door and entered.

My eyes scanned the room; I wanted to be sure that no one else were inside. After doing so I sat down on the floor and brought my knees towards my chest as I brought my cell phone forward. I flipped it open and went through everything that the phone had. My heart began to thump faster as I saw MyungSoo’s phone number. I couldn’t remember when I’d got it; I only knew that I had it stored inside my phone together with Sung Yeol’s number.

I fought the urge to send them a message. The person, he or she couldn’t possible know if I send them a message or talk to them over the phone, right? I was starting to doubt myself; it was safer to just let it be. I pressed away the text I had started to write before I slipped the phone back down in my pocket, but as I was doing so I felt something else, a piece of paper? I brought it out and tears sprinkled my eyes. It was the picture of MyungSoo and me when I made him smile.

This wasn’t fair.

After a few minutes of thinking and rethinking I flipped my phone open again before I pressed the message button, a second later a new blank text page was shown and it was just for me to begin typing in what I wanted. But something so easy as texting had suddenly become one of the hardest tasks.

I slowly typed in the three words sentence before I started at it for minutes. Tears ran down my cheeks when I pressed send because I knew that in a few seconds both MyungSoo and Sung Yeol would get the text.

‘Let me go.’