Twentieth Chapter

My Cyber World

I woke up to the sound of someone yelling. I glanced around and saw that I was inside the bedroom once again. Though, I couldn’t recall how I’d ended up here again. Huh, weird, but I can remember that I stepped inside the cab. But what I can’t remember is how I ended up in this bed.

Oh no, I rushed to lift up the duvet to see if I had my clothes on. A sigh of relief escaped my lips once I saw that they were still on. Had MyungSoo carried me all the way?

I was abruptly awakened from my thoughts as I heard Sung Yeol’s voice, but he didn’t sound like his usual self. No he was yelling and it wasn’t that hard to tell who he was yelling at, MyungSoo, but why? I couldn’t recall that he had done something wrong. After getting out of the bed I tip-toed over towards the door and gently pressed my ear against it.

“Why is Hwani’s hand in a bandage?” Sung Yeol’s voice was stern and hard and I felt a bang of guilt hit my chest when MyungSoo told him that it was his fault. Why did he say that when it wasn’t his fault, it was mine. And when I opened the door I saw how Sung Yeol had raised his right hand into a fist.

The guilt in my heart took over and I rushed over and shielded MyungSoo from the fist that crashed into my cheek instead. It burned immediately, but on the other hand it wasn’t has hard as the ones Sangmin would give me. Though it was hard enough to give me a bruise later on, but at least it was a good thought, because MyungSoo didn’t deserve that. I watched as Sung Yeol blinked his eyes rapidly, I guess he couldn’t believe that he actually hit a girl.

“I-I.” I listened as Sung Yeol tried to say something but he couldn’t. Instead he stared wide-eyed at me before he left towards his bedroom. A few seconds later I could hear how his door was slammed shut.

I felt a pair of hands on each of my shoulders before I was turned around so that I came face to face with MyungSoo. I could feel my heart beating a little faster when he placed a hand under my chin, before he tilted my head upwards. My eyes pierced themselves into his and I watched how he examined my face. I backed away when I felt his finger against my cheek. Sangmin’s face flashed before me and I closed my eyes so that the image of him would disappear. I could hear how MyungSoo cleared his throat and then asked me how my hand was.

“Good.” I stated awkwardly as I glanced down on it before I looked up again, only to fix my eyes on his lips. I stared at them while biting my own lips. What am I doing, I turned my head away in a hurried motion as I asked him why he took the blame for my injured hand.

“Because – I don’t know.” I raised an eyebrow at his answer, why did it feel like it was something he wasn’t telling me. Did something happen?

“I’m, Sung Yeol-sshi.” I pointed in the direction of where Sung Yeol’s bedroom was before I bowed my head and walked off. I could feel MyungSoo’s eyes piercing into my back as I made my way towards Sung Yeol’s bedroom. Once there I knocked and waited. I could hear a faint yes before I opened the door.

He was standing up a few meters away with his back facing me. Had I really taken the right decision to interfere between Sung Yeol and MyungSoo?

Why did my heart feel so burdened by Sung Yeol, and not to mention MyungSoo, maybe it was wrong for me to step into their lives when they had enough problems already. Maybe I had been so absorbed by the fact that I didn’t want Sangmin to find me that I had become a burden to the two of them instead.

Hesitantly I walked up to him before I carefully wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned my head against his back. I didn’t care that my hand hurt because the pain in my heart was so much greater that it didn’t matter.

“I’m sorry.” I murmured into his back apologetic over the fact that I had made Sung Yeol mad at MyungSoo when it was me he should be angry at. I felt how he moved around and thus peeling my hands away. I looked down and fixed my gaze on the floor because I didn’t want him to feel even worse if he saw my aching cheek.

I didn’t tense when I felt his hand under my chin, tilting it upwards so that I was looking straight at him. My gaze pierced into his. My heart jumped slightly at the smirk that played on his lips. Why was my heart behaving so weirdly around those two? Both Sung Yeol and MyungSoo made my heart excited yet scared.

Why?

My eyes widened when I noticed that Sung Yeol started to close the gap between us, I knew what was coming yet I didn’t turn away as his lips crashed into mine. My hands clasped themselves on his shirt as I tried to push him away. But all my strength seemed to flood out of me once he deepened the kiss, and my hands returned to their original position as I closed my eyes.

It didn’t feel wrong, yet somehow it didn’t feel right either.

What have happened to me, didn’t I promise myself to never let a guy this close. I promised myself to never let a guy ever enter my heart. Yet, now both of them had. How pathetic and weak a human heart is, so fragile towards feelings that it easily let it.

But maybe, maybe they were different from Sangmin.

I didn’t know what to do when he pulled away and showed of that smile that only he could pull off, so adorably cute. But my so called fantasy world wasn’t long living when the fight between Sung Yeol and MyungSoo came to mind. They were mad at each other because of me.

“Please don’t be mad at MyungSoo-sshi, it wasn’t his fault that I injured my hand. He was the one that helped me get to a hospital.” I explained to him.

“Then why did he admit it?”

Honestly I didn’t know that either, but I had a feeling that it was something that MyungSoo kept for himself. That he hadn’t told Sung Yeol. But I had no clue of what that could be. Maybe if I – we waited a little longer than maybe he would tell us what was wrong. I didn’t know why I was so concerned about MyungSoo. Maybe it was because he just like Sung Yeol and I was an adoptee, even though he hadn’t been adopted but actually a runaway.

He wasn’t like us who had been adopted by people who wanted us, even though my adoptee family later regretted their decision of adopting me. But they didn’t want to return me because of the risk of getting inside the newspapers.

So instead I was the one suffering and silenced by the words that they would make the rest of my life a living hell if I ever told anyone about their thoughts and actions. I had no choice but to keep my mouth sealed.

Something that was becoming an even stronger burden than before, especially since Yong Sook, Sung Yeol and MyungSoo stepped into my life and making my mind confused. Well it wasn’t only my mind, but my heart as well.

“I don’t know.”