Seventh Chapter

My Cyber World

School was a pain in the , truthfully. Yong Sook hadn’t showed up yet and I was starting to wonder whatever he would arrive to school or not. I couldn’t call him either, since I had broken my phone. So I needed to it up and stay alert.

Though, as I walked past the entrance of a small back-alley, I felt something taking a hold of my left arm. I didn’t even get a chance to scream because soon enough a hand was clasped over my mouth and I where dragged further inside the alley. My heart was beating faster and faster by each passing second and my fear suddenly became true.

Sangmin had found me. And now he was standing just inches from me with his face deathly close to mine. I shivered at the look he gave me, it was threatening, scary.

“Hi sweetie.” he whispered as I felt his fingers trace down my cheek and down to my lips. I moved my head to the side in a hasty motion, away from his touch. But it didn’t work as he harshly grabbed a hold of my chin and inched my head back, so that I were staring into his eyes again.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” he hissed and squeezed his hand harder so that my chin began to hurt. Tears started to form in my eyes as he once again traced his fingers along my cheek. It was still hurting from when he last hit me. I tightly shut my eyes close when he pressed a finger hard against one of the bruises.

A low laugh rang in my ears, and I found myself opening my eyes, and thus the tears let go and trickled down my cheeks. He looked so unconcerned by the fact that he was hurting me.

“It’s still hurting, huh.” a smirk spread on his lips as he leaned in closer towards my face and whispered that it would get a lot worse if I didn’t return home. How could anything get even worse than this? How could a human being be this cruel?

I managed to stammer out a low please, but he just scoffed at me.

“Don’t you understand, you will never be able to run away, because I will always find you.” he stared right into my eyes when telling me so. “W-why, why can’t you let me go?” though I was really scared, and in the middle of crying my heart out. I managed to ask him that one question.

“Because it’s fun.” He stated and my eyes widened. He did all of this just because it was fun, he was hurting and torturing me because he thought it was fun.

More tears escaped as he leaned in again. I could see that his eyes were set on my lips, and I pushed my hand hard against his chest in an attempt to make him stop. But the thing that made him stop wasn’t because I was pushing him away, but that someone was yelling.

Sangmin turned around, and so did I. Only to see one of them, the one that looked like a middle school student. I noticed how he stepped closer towards the two of us and as Sangmin let go of my chin, I backed away, further into the alley, away from Sangmin.

“You shouldn’t do that.” the other guy said in a serious tone as he stepped closer so that he was standing next to Sangmin. “Who are you to bother?” I heard Sangmin shoot back and my fear was that the other guy would weaken down and run away.

“She was crying.” The other guy stated in a matter of fact tone and I saw how Sangmin snapped his head. I could only imagine the glare Sangmin was giving the guy, though he didn’t seem to bother.

“So, she’s my sister.” Sangmin retorted back harshly as he grabbed a hold of the other guy’s collar. I was begging inside my head that Sangmin wouldn’t beat the crap of the guy, because I knew that he were very well capable of doing so.

I watched in awe how the guy shook Sangmin’s hands off of him and then punched him hard in the face, and I could see how Sangmin fell to the ground while covering his face with his hands. There was blood dropping down onto the ground and I blinked my eyes rapidly. Sangmin was actually the one getting beaten and not the one to beat.

Sangmin scrambled to his feet’s and looked at the guy before I could hear his usually threatening words. But the guy didn’t seem the slightest worried over that fact that Sangmin said things like he would make him suffer in the future.

More like, the other guy just scoffed at him and then told Sangmin to beat off. Which he also did, without even caring about me, like usual.

But fear once again struck me, the guy before me was someone I didn’t even know, someone that I just saw beat the crap out of Sangmin. Someone that probably was capable of hitting me. And it didn’t get better when I saw how he started to walk towards me, and thus causing me to scramble backwards until I hit the wall behind.

I was stuck, and the guy was getting closer. Instinctively I closed my eyes and mouthed go away, go away as my body tensed.

“You okay?” his voice, it sounded as if he actually cared and I found myself slowly open my eyes to look at him. I felt a hand under my chin, lifting it up before his eyes started to scan my face. That was before he stared straight into mine, so softly.

I opened my mouth in an attempt to speak, to say something. But nothing left my tongue and I nodded instead. The school bell sounded in the distant and we both looked at each other, both knowing what it meant, that we should hurry.

“Here let me help you up.” He reached out his hand and I looked at him carefully before I let my hand slip into his, and with one swift motion he made me stand up straight. I stole a glance at him; it wasn’t until now I noticed his baby cheeks.

“Yeh, I know. I have baby cheeks and blah, blah. But I’m actually a senior.” I saw how he pouted slightly; I guess many must’ve pointed out that he has baby cheeks. “S-sorry.” I apologized to him, since I thought I got him upset. Out of nowhere he started to laugh and that made me stare at him weirdly.

“It’s okay.” He joked before suddenly turning around so that he was facing me again. “I’m Sun Yeol by the way, you?” he asked and I glanced up at him and told him that my name was Hwani.

“Good to know.” And with that we began to walk towards class, but I stopped and carefully grabbed a hold around his arm to make him stop. And he did.

“Thank you” I tried to show him that I really appreciated that he helped me out with getting rid of Sangmin with a small smile. But it didn’t work. I hadn’t smiled in years, and it almost felt like I didn’t know how to smile anymore.

“You really need to work on your smile” he smiled widely; as if he was showing of it was suppose to be done. Though, I didn’t get upset, or scared. He was the first one to ever defend me. Not even Yong Sook had done that.

~~

Here is the MV of Infinite's new song - BTD (Before the Dawn) it's awesome;; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNUilVWFDs