Twentyeight Chapter

My Cyber World

”Sweetie.” I heard his voice again and my blood literally froze as I glanced behind me, only to see that Sangmin was getting closer by each passing second. Without further ado I started to run, though I didn’t know where I was going to go. But as I passed by the door that lead to the roof I hurried to take out the pin in my hair, before I placed it inside the lock and swiftly moved it around until I heard it click. Sangmin hadn’t seen me yet so I grabbed the handle and swung the door open and then locked the door behind me just in case.

I tripped on my own feet’s as I scrambled up the staircase and then slammed the door open before I stepped outside. This was too much; I couldn’t take this much longer. Sangmin was terrorizing me everywhere, in my dreams and school. It didn’t matter that I had ran away from home because he always found a way back.

I felt apprehensive as I backed away from the door with my gaze steadily glaring at it. I felt how my heart began to bump harder when I heard how something was slamming against the stairs, and before I knew it the door to the rooftop was slung open in a harsh motion.

Sangmin was standing there while panting hard and when he took a step forward, I took a step backwards, away from him, but closer to the edge. I can’t let him hurt me anymore, and I can’t let him hurt Sung Yeol and MyungSoo. Therefore it was for the best if I just disappeared.

Without thinking twice I stepped up on the edge of the rooftop and glanced down on the ground five floors down and I gulped at the height. But as I stood there, students began to stop and look up while pointing with their fingers. They were all looking at me. And that’s when I saw him; MyungSoo.

“Finally, you are finally going to kill yourself, that’s great.” Sangmin laughed amused before he told me to hurry because it was getting cold. I grasped onto my necklace that once were my mother’s as I began to apologize to Sung Yeol, MyungSoo and Yong Sook in my mind. If they only knew how much I’ve been suffering then I think they’d probably done the same thing.

I took a last breath and let the air sip out through my mouth as I took a last glance on the ground and just as I were about to take a step forward and let my body fall to the ground I heard how the rooftop door was so harshly slung open that the glass in the door was scattered as the door hit the wall.

“DON’T.”

My eyes began to get watery as I heard his voice, yet I didn’t turn around. I couldn’t face him or Sung Yeol at the moment. I did this not only for myself, but for them as well. I couldn’t be away from them and that meant that I was putting them in danger every single day.

“Yah, didn’t I tell you to hurry.” Sangmin snarled and he was right, I had to hurry before my emotions took over and I would step down from there. But just as I were about to say goodbye I heard how something was slammed against the ground and I couldn’t stop myself from glancing back at them. Sangmin was lying on the ground, blood oozing out from his mouth and I blinked my eyes a few times.

MyungSoo had knocked Sangmin down for the second time, but when I noticed that he headed towards me I told him to stop. My heart was beating frantically and tears were running down my cheeks.

“You don’t understand he will never stop; they will never stop.” I cried as I stared into his dark eyes, but he didn’t budge at my words and continued to walk closer towards me. I couldn’t jump, not when I’d let them into my life. Why had I let them inside my always so shielded heart?

I stepped down from the edge with shaky legs and immediately sat down on the cold ground; I had been so scared the whole time while standing there. It was so easy to end everything, yet so hard to just let go.

More tears rolled down my cheeks and down onto my uniform as MyungSoo hurried forward and wrapped his arms around me. The warmth from his body made me cling onto him harder and I let myself relax in his embrace, but my heart was beating exactly the same. Once he broke away he let his index finger run along my cheeks as he wiped away my tears.

“Come on, we need to get down from here before a teacher find us.” He hurriedly stood up on his feet’s and then reached out a hand towards me. Carefully I let my hand slid into his before he helped me up on my legs. Sangmin was still lying on the same spot as earlier and when we walked past him I could see exactly how much damage MyungSoo had done to him, something that made me both scared and excited at the same time.
Once we had made our way down he started to drag me along and once we where standing next to the school fence did I understand what he was doing. “Let’s skip school, you need to do something fun.” he jumped up before me and then reached for my hand. I hesitated a bit before I took his hand and let myself getting pulled up.
I couldn’t understand that I was actually ditching school just to have fun, and especially not with MyungSoo since he was always so serious.

“Where do you want to go?”

I stopped and looked up at him. Would he laugh at me if I told him that I’d never been to a video arcade? Probably, but I told him either how, but he didn’t laugh instead he just grabbed my hand and pulled me along. As we were walking I noticed how people glared at us, I bet they must think that we are up to no good since we are obviously skipping school. But honestly, I didn’t care. I only cared for the boy that made my heart beat like this.

“Where are we going?” I asked him as we jumped on a bus that would take us to the kangnam area. “COEX Mall, they have a huge video arcade.” I got so overwhelmed that he would take me to COEX Mall that I forgot to pay for myself, and it weren’t before I’d sat down that I remembered it. Though, as I was about to go and pay MyungSoo pulled me back as he told me that he had paid.

“Oh, thank you.” I smiled at him and then let my eyes wander around on all the people inside the bus, though I could feel that MyungSoo was staring at me. But when I turned to look at him he shifted his gaze in the other direction, and I could only smile when he turned his head back towards me. His eyes locked themselves into mine and I couldn’t find the strength or will to look away.

“Next stop; COEX Mall.” The speaker informed us and I couldn’t deny that I felt a bit sad when MyungSoo shifted his gaze away from mine. Once the bus stopped completely I stood up and exited with MyungSoo in front of me.

Since I didn’t know where we were supposed to go I let MyungSoo guide me, but this time without holding hands. I fallowed close behind, maybe too close because when he stopped I crashed into his back.

“Sorry.” I bowed my head slightly, but instead of getting angry as I thought he would he slid his hand into mine and we walked like that towards the arcade, that I thought would be of the smaller size, but when we stepped inside I actually saw how many games and such it was there. I don’t think I’d ever seen that many games at one place before.

“Where to you want to start?” I pointed at the game in front of us, it was a car game were you would sit like if you actually sat inside one of those cars, really cool actually. I think we spent almost an hour at that game before we moved onto the next one, a flipper game.

It was not as fun as the racer thing but pretty decent, at least it got my minds on other things than Sangmin and what happened at school. After half an hour we were both pretty bored of the flipper game and decided to move on to another one.

That’s when I saw it; a photo booth. I never had any friends to take a photo with before, but now I actually had one. “Anything you wan –.” MyungSoo didn’t even get to finish his sentence as I pointed at the photo booth and I heard how he sighed. “Do we really have to do that?” he seemed a bit stressed out and I couldn’t deny that I was curious to why he was like that.

“Please, I’ve never done it before.” I pleaded to him, and after a while he gave in and we entered the cramped space. After that MyungSoo had let some coins inside the machine it flashed one time and then a small countdown began, I guessed it was so that you could see how many seconds it was left until the next picture would be taken.

Just before the flash appeared I glanced at MyungSoo, he was dead serious and he looked rather uncomfortable. I didn’t know if I had the right to do the thing I had planned in my mind. Still I decided to go through with it.

Gently I placed my index fingers on each side of his lips and then turned his serious face into a smiling on before I turned my head towards the camera just in time as it flashed. Immediately I withdrew my fingers and placed my hands back in my lap embarrassed, still I was happy that at least one of the photos would have a smiling MyungSoo, even if I had forced it upon him.

After that the pictures had been printed out MyungSoo snatched them away before I got the chance to reach them and I watched how he flipped through all of the pictures. “I want the one when you are smiling.” I stuck out my tongue as I reached for it but just as I were about to take it he pulled it away and asked me why I wanted that one.

“Because you look even more beautiful when you smile.” I bluntly stated and when it came up to me that I actually said it out loud I buried my burning cheeks in my hands.