Eighteenth Chapter

My Cyber World

One week had almost passed since the unfortunate event where I almost drowned. Well I would’ve if it weren’t for MyungSoo. Speaking of him, I hadn’t seen him for almost a week. After that I had said where Sooni was he disappeared and a few hours later returned with her. I didn’t know how he’d done it but he got her.

And I were still laying in bed, though the fever was almost all gone and I would easily be able to go to school on Monday. Though, there came another problem, where would I keep Sooni? Plus, I needed to find a place to sleep even if it meant a hotel because I couldn’t stay here any longer. I’ve already taken up a lot of their time. Not to mention Sung Yeol’s.

It had been the first time in over seven years that someone actually cared for me when I was sick. Sung Yeol had bought medicine and prepared meals for me and Sooni, something that I probably never could repay him for.

I heard a light knock on the door before Sung Yeol’s oh so familiar voice asked me if he could come in, a small smile formed on my lips as I picked up Sooni in my arms and told him yes. It was his apartment after all. I watched as Sung Yeol opened the door and strode inside. Though, despite that he was smiling it felt as if something was wrong.

“I need to talk to you.” he uttered once he had placed himself down on the chair next to the bed and I knew that it couldn’t be something good.

“I’m going out of town today, but I’m coming home on Sunday. I hope it doesn’t bother you that MyungSoo will take care of you?” I felt how my heart sank a bit. I didn’t want to tell him that it did bother me that MyungSoo would be the one taking care of me because that would be unfair. He had after all taken care of me the whole week and it wasn’t like I was supposed to be here either.

“Ah, it’s okay.” I tried to sound as cheerful as possible even though I felt everything but just that. Why couldn’t it be MyungSoo that would go out of town? “Well I need to get going; I’ll see you on Sunday.” Sung Yeol stood up and Sooni’s fur once before he said goodbye to me. Once he had closed the door behind I sighed.

I didn’t want to be left alone with MyungSoo the whole weekend.

Well knowing that he hadn’t bothered visiting me during the whole week, than maybe, maybe he wouldn’t care now either. Hopefully he wouldn’t. I could take the medicines myself and food weren’t that necessary, if I got water than I could survive on that until Sunday when Sung Yeol gets home.

Though, there has been this one thing that has been running through my mind the whole week, why did he let me sleep over. Let alone leave me alone like this. It wasn’t like he actually knew me. Honestly I would never let a stranger inside my house, let alone sleep over. But I hadn’t asked him why he had let me in, maybe because I was afraid to hear the answer.

I let Sooni down onto the floor before I closed my eyelids and I drifted off towards slumber land. I didn’t want to risk that Sooni fell down from the bed.

My dream was invaded by the bathroom incident. It was something I couldn’t get out of my mind. I couldn’t understand how I could fall asleep in a bathtub, it didn’t make any sense. I never once believed that you could fall asleep while bathing, just because it was so dangerous. But knowing that I did it myself, I now believe it. And it is definitely something I never want to experience again, especially not after seeing the look on MyungSoo’s face.

Once I fluttered my eyes open again, darkness had invaded the room as I glanced at the clock on the nightstand. It had already turned 8PM and it was soon time to take my medicine, or more specific, my penicillin.

Carefully I slipped out of bed before I tip-toed towards the door since Sooni had fallen asleep, and I didn’t want to wake her up. The hallway was dark and empty, maybe MyungSoo wasn’t home. I could only pray that he wasn’t as I searched myself to the kitchen.

Once there I saw the bottle of medicine on the shelf, I brought out two pills and then filled a cup with water before I gulped them down. Fortunately the taste wasn’t that horrible. And just as I were about to close the bedroom door again I heard how the outer door was slung open before MyungSoo’s voice appeared. It sounded as if he was talking on the phone.

Crap, why didn’t I ask for Sung Yeol’s phone number just in case something happened.

I placed an ear against the door as I tried to listen to who and what he was talking on about, it didn’t take many seconds before I understood that it was Sung Yeol he was talking to. Plus I could hear my name being mentioned so I guessed that they were talking about me.

“YES I WILL TAKE CARE OF HER.” MyungSoo’s yelling got me so startled that I fell backwards and ended up on the floor. I was starting to get scared. And it didn’t get any better as I heard how he started to knock on the door. I practically flew up on my feet’s before I jumped down on the bed again. I didn’t want him to know of that I had been out of the room without any of them being home.

“Y-yeh.” I stuttered terrified and then saw how the doorknob was being pushed downwards before it opened, and thus revealing a somewhat worn out MyungSoo. What had he been doing until just now?

“Are you hungry?” I began to nod, but stopped and then shook my head, I told him that I was fine and that I weren’t hungry. “Anyhow, it doesn’t matter because you’ll get food either way.” He said before disappearing again. I could hear how he slammed cupboards and cursed loudly at all the things he was doing before a loud thump could be heard and unconsciously a smile had formed on my lips and I laughed quietly.

In the mean time I brought my laptop out from the bag and pressed the energy button. A low buzz could be heard before it started to work. I hadn’t logged onto my page since that creepy incident a week ago.

My only wish right now was that the person had sent it to the wrong person, that he or she had mistaken me for someone else. Yes, that had to be it. But it wasn’t that easy, because the first thing I noticed once I logged on and saw the page where people could write to you there was only one word written there and thus filling up all the space.

‘Die.’

My lips began to tremble as I clicked open the chat box and saw that someone had written, ‘you can’t escape forever.’ I immediately slammed the laptop close and let it rest on my lap as I stared right forward. Tears began to form but I hurried to wipe them away just in case MyungSoo decided to just barge in. I didn’t want him to see my pathetic tears. And just as expected, he didn’t knock the second time and instead just opened the door.

“Here, eat.” he put down a bowl of cup noodles onto the nightstand and I could only stare at it. He cursed and slammed the cupboards for cup noodles.

“I tried to do chicken soup but that damn chicken decided that it was a lot more fun to end up on the floor.” He explained as I began to giggle. Something that he didn’t seem to happy about because he shot me a look.

“Actually I don’t care whether I get chicken soup or cup noodles; I’m happier that you actually take time and prepare something for me.” I smiled slightly as I grabbed the cup of noodles and began to eat. Food was something precious, and also something you should be grateful of, even if it’s just a bowl of noodles.

It wasn’t until that I’d finished that I noticed that MyungSoo had been watching me all the time while I was eating. And knowing that I could be quite the pig while eating something I found myself blushing. “Done?” I nodded my head once and handed over the cup to him without looking.

And with that he left. I could only sigh once I heard the door close and I let my shoulders sink. I was still getting a bit tensed when MyungSoo was close. I wondered why, it wasn’t like he actually threatened me or something, plus. He had actually saved my life. Yet the feeling of being scared of him wasn’t as strong anymore. It was starting to lessen.

I let myself sink back onto the bed before I closed my eyes and drifted off. But once I was in dreamland everything turned pitch black and fear was lingering in the air. Out of nowhere came Sangmin and my eyes widened at what he was holding in his hands, an axe which he slung back and forward carelessly while grinning widely.

“It’s time to die.” Sangmin laughed as he swung the axe closer and closer towards my head. It didn’t matter what I did because I couldn’t move either my head or my body away from him. And just as he was about to chop my head of my eyes shot open and I screamed.

The only word that ran through my head was ‘die, die.’ While I saw how MyungSoo came barging in through the door. In the distance I could hear him call my name and ask me what was wrong, but it was as if my capability to speak had been shut off, because not a word left my tongue. I watched how MyungSoo stepped further inside the room and then sat down on the bed before he gently grabbed my shoulders and began to shake me carefully.

I lifted my head and stared into his eyes, so full of trouble and sadness. Yet I couldn’t keep myself from placing my head against his chest as I told him that he couldn’t go. He couldn’t leave me like this.

“Please don’t leave me.” I begged him as I clutched his shirt tightly, as if that would hinder him from slipping away. I guess he wasn’t too used to comfort people because it was more than noticeable that he had no clue of what to do.

“I-eh, okay.” He seemed unsure of what he was supposed to do.

“Please, just until I’ve fallen asleep.” I begged him one more time as he slipped out of bed and sat down on the chair. He nodded one time as I lay down on the bed again. My eyes closed immediately, though I couldn’t seem to fall asleep. And when I heard MyungSoo’s soft snoring; the mission of falling asleep didn’t get any easier.

I sighed and looked over towards where Sooni was and she was also sound asleep.

There was no idea in trying to sleep when that nightmare might enter my slumber land, I didn’t want to wake up screaming again. Especially not when MyungSoo was asleep and seemed utterly tired and worn out. So instead of trying I slipped out of bed and then carefully placed one of the two duvets before proceeding towards the bedroom door, which I opened and then0 I started my journey to the kitchen.

I was super thirsty and in need of a glass of water.

So after looking through all the cupboards and cabinets I finally found a glass, which I held under the stream of water until it was a bit more than half full. Though as I were about to bring it to my mouth I heard MyungSoo’s voice asking me what I was doing, which resulted in that the glass slipped out of my hand and crashed on the floor beneath.

I immediately bent down to pick up the scattered pieces of glass but as I were about to grab one it cut into my hand instead, droplets of blood hit the floor and I cursed in my mind. Why did I have to be so unlucky?

But instead of standing up and complaining about the pain I continued despite that it hurt a lot. But to me, all that I wanted was for MyungSoo to not see it. This was something I could fix myself; I’d done it so many times before. But my plan didn’t work as he turned the lamp on and the blood became visible for him.

“Yah, why didn’t you say something?” he asked me as he took my injured hand in his and made my palm face him. Blood was still coming out of it, weird. It wasn’t like it was deep or anything.

“Go to the bedroom, I’ll be there soon.” He motioned for me to return to the bedroom again, I guessed that he would clean the mess up and it would probably be much easier without me around. After saying a low sorry I returned and sat down on the bed while sulking. I surely only made everything worse for him.

I looked at Sooni while wondering how she could sleep through all this; it wasn’t like I had been quiet.

At least he kept his promise; MyungSoo, because he did come back a few minutes later, with a first aid kit in his hands. I stared at him as he started to take out a bandage and then something to clean the wound with. My jaw tightened and I tried to keep myself from crying once he started to clean it.

“Done?” I cried but he shook his head before he told me that he needed to put the bandage one, and then he would be done. The pain was almost unbearable when he tightened the bandage around the wound and finished it off with some tape so that it would stay intact.

“Now I’m done.” He showed of a small smile and I couldn’t hide that it made my heart skip a beat, maybe because I’d never seen him smile before. “Thank you.” I patted the bandage lightly just to make sure that it was okay.

“I’m going to bed.” He stated but before he got the chance to escape I had grabbed his wrist with the hand that weren’t injured. He turned around and looked at me, not with pity or sadness in his eyes, but curiosity. Awkwardly I told him to stay one more time.

“I can’t sleep the whole night in a chair.” He wriggled his mouth slightly as I had to come up with something fast, just so that he wouldn’t go away. But I could never have dreamed of saying that we could share the bed. But only on one condition, that he stayed on the other half of the bed.

He must’ve thought I’d turned totally insane because the look he gave me was probably one of those you gave to a mental patient. But he didn’t say anything; instead he grabbed the duvet I’d placed over him before he laid down on the opposite side of the bed. What have I done, this was never going to work. I watched as he closed his eyes.

“Stop staring at me.”

I blinked my eyes rapidly a few times before I found myself blushing at the sight of him. I know, he told me to not stare, but I couldn’t stop. There was something with him that made me curious.

“You are not scary after all.” I blurted, it must’ve been due to that I was so tired that I managed to say something that I shouldn’t had said out loud. But instead of apologizing I fluttered my eyes close and let myself enter the world of dreams.

~~

And srsly I'm must've totally turned insane but I'm totally fan crushing on Hoya, Sung Yeol, Ricky and Changjo.. Ricky and Changjo are for gods sake five years younger than me DDD= not cool.. feels like a o noona