Thirtieth Chapter

My Cyber World

Today was my eighteenth birthday, though I weren’t expecting anything fancy since Yong Sook was the only one who knew of my birthday. Well him plus the Yoo family, but I doubted they even remembered it.

“Hwani?” I jumped slightly at Yong Sook’s voice and I glanced up from the TV and fixed my gaze at him and I smiled. He was holding a birthday cake in his hands, which he placed down on the living room table before he joined me on the couch as he began to sing happy birthday. I hurried to make a wish before I carefully blew out the candles.

“Did you make a wish?” he asked me as I off some cake icing from my finger. I swiftly nodded my head and I found myself a bit confused when he said that he had bought me a present. Didn’t I live of his money enough? I saw how be brought forward this gorgeous looking bag. “Here, your old one is really worn out so I thought you would need a new one.” I gratefully took it and placed it down next to me on the couch.

“Thank you, really.” I bent forward and hugged him, something that must’ve taken him by surprise because his body tensed ever so slightly under my touch and I hurried to withdraw myself as I awkwardly smiled.

But as I glanced at the cake again, my mind travelled away and I found myself thinking about every other birthday I’d celebrated, with dad, on the orphanage, together with the Yoo family and now with Yong Sook. I wondered who I’d be celebrating my birthday with next year, that’s if I lived that long.

“Hwani?” I snapped out of my thoughts when Yong Sook was waving his hands in front of my face. I stared at him, wondering what was running through his mind. He must think I’m such a bad person, I’m not earning any money like he does, nor am I that nice to him either. I don’t understand why he is putting up with all this.

“I need to go, work.” I watched how he stood up before he told me that I should eat some cake. Right, cake, honestly I’m not that much of a cake person or overly sweet stuff either. “I’ll do that.” I gently replied him as I shifted my gaze between him and the cake.

“I’ll see you later.” He bid goodbye before I heard the door slam shut and then how the key twisted around in the lock. I sighed heavily as my shoulders sank. I wonder what Sung Yeol and MyungSoo are doing.

I wanted to meet them, but I didn’t know if now would be the best time since I didn’t even understand my own feelings at the moment. Was it really Sung Yeol or maybe MyungSoo that my heart was beating that extra for? Well, there was this one thing which could sort things out, but I don’t know if that’s such a clever idea, because it’s risky.

But I guess that in order to understand my heart I had to. Though, the problem was, when would I put my plan in work?

Tomorrow, next month? Never?

I decided to just let it rest for now; I didn’t want to destroy what was left of my pathetic birthday that every year seemed to get worse and worse. My eyes shifted back to the cake, I didn’t want to eat. Instead I went to grab my laptop. Somehow I’d gotten a bit more confident with myself; something that I knew Sung Yeol and MyungSoo was behind.

After logging into it I pressed the internet button and clicked myself to my page. I hadn’t been on there for weeks, mainly because I’d stayed away from them. Okay, that was a lie; I hadn’t stayed away from them completely. But it had only been one time, two times outside school, both times with MyungSoo.

Either how, that person needed to have some sort of life, school or work. And both those times had been at really weird times of the day, on in the middle of the night when you are supposed to sleep, and the other on the middle of the day when you are supposed to be either at school or work. I don’t think that person is like fallowing me around at all time, barely.

I literally got a heart attack when I saw new posts.

‘You haven’t listened to what I told you. Didn’t I tell you to stay away from them? I promise if I see you around any of them again I’ll make sure you’ll regret it.’

Tears were rolling down and I shut the laptop shut. What was this? How could that person actually know all this stuff? It didn’t make sense what so ever. Was that person fallowing my every move, was that it why he or she knew so much about me.

This was getting out of hand and I have no idea of what to do.

I could no longer be with either one of them outside school, or else that person would know for sure. It couldn’t be a student at school, it made absolutely no sense at all and I knew for a fact that it wasn’t Sangmin so it had to be someone outside of school. Maybe it was a girl, or girls that liked those two and didn’t want me to get close.

Maybe.

But I couldn’t take any risks now. At least I get to see them at school and MyungSoo at detention for the one week that is left for him. Maybe I could ask for their phone numbers? I had after all known them for practically two months now. And that person could definitely not know if I called or texted Sung Yeol or MyungSoo.

I’ll ask them tomorrow.

~~

Shortest and crappiest chapter so far OTL