Third Chapter

My Cyber World

I heard how the door was slung shut; it was mom and dad leaving for the airport. I sighed as I sat up and brought my hand to my face. It stung a lot, and I withdrew my hand immediately.

One day, I will give back.

After getting out of bed I proceeded towards my mirror, the bruises where more than visible. I cursed under my breath and felt how anger boiled inside of me. Though, there where no one who cared whatever I was beaten up or not. Everyone probably thought I deserved it.

My breath exhilarated when I heard a knock on the door. Carefully I tip-toed over to it and pressed my ear against it.

“Sweetie time to get up” my brother’s disgusting voice boomed as I was covering my mouth with my hand. I didn’t want him to know that I already where wide awake and just waiting for him to go.

That where the usual routine on the mornings, when he left for school I exited my room, and began doing what I needed to do before going. With that meaning; shower, eat, put on my school uniform and lastly brush my teeth’s. I couldn’t do all that when I knew that he was home, because I where afraid that he might do something.

So when I heard the door slam shut for the second time this morning I unlocked my bedroom door and proceeded towards the bathroom. I could only take a quick shower since I couldn’t be too late for school, though I already knew that I would miss the school gates.

But that was never a problem for me, I would always climb up a tree that where standing next to the walls surrounding the school, before I then jumped over and went to my class.

The teachers never said anything when I arrived late, they had gotten used to it, though. The bad part was that they reported home every week.

But since mom and dad weren’t home that much, meaning that they couldn’t beat me up, though since they where gone, Sangmin did the work for them. Though the difference between the three of them was that Sangmin didn’t always punch and slap me, his way of hurting me was even more gruesome than mom and dads.

How he with force would kiss me. Though, when I didn’t let him do it or in any way refuse, that’s when he hit me.

After getting ready I grabbed my bag, cell phone and the keys before and then exited the house, before I started to walk towards the school. I didn’t need to take the subway, because the school where located only five minutes away.

The school gates where indeed closed and locked once I got there. The person guarding the gates, a bold man in his late fifties looked at me, disgust showing, I guess it must be because of my bruised face. Must be a new one I thought as I proceeded towards the tree and thus started to climb it.

When I reached half way I jumped over to the wall and glanced back at him as I smirked, his smile had faded away and been replaced with a pissed off face.

I showed him the middle finger before I jumped down. The only problem was that I almost landed on someone. Fear grew inside, over the fact that I didn’t know who it was. And thus, I made a run for it, at least that’s what I thought before someone gripped my arm and swung my body around.

My eyes caught sight of a boy; it was one of them, one of the two that had been staring at me strangely. I could hear how someone cleared his throat, and it was definitely not the guy standing in front of me. That’s when I saw the other one.

They both stared at me, their eyes shifting all over my face. They where both looking at my bruises, and for the first time in a very long time, I wanted to cover them up, I didn’t want the two of them to see.

“Dongsaeng I think you’re hurting her” the one that looked like a middle school student spoke. And to my surprise the guy who was holding onto my arm released his grip, but his eyes where pierced into mine all the time. I shivered at the look he gave me, I couldn’t put a finger on what it was that scared me so much.

The guy who had spoken took a few steps forward, and that caused me to back away. He was a guy and I knew very well what they where capable of, to be honest, I where afraid of guys, all thanks to my father and Sangmin.

Because of them, I’m never going to be able to love someone. Because I don’t think I can every trust someone that much, and definitely not a guy.

“Relax” I could hear the mocking tone in his voice as he stopped a few meters away and that made me pissed off. With a last look I stormed off. This is exactly why I hate guys. They think they are so much better than girls.

“YAH” someone screamed, it was a male voice, probably the other guy. I turned around and showed them my middle finger for the second time, before I walked towards my class.